Scarlett to target one day at a time

Well they are just people I sometimes work for rather than friends but she knew I used to do it but we've not talked about it in a while.
I know exactly what you mean with the comments. mikes family were a bit like that and it would become a joke at the table. 'Oohh are you allowed that? Is this a syn? How about this?, etc etc. I love them to bits and couldn't wish for better in laws but it got to the point I was so fed up with it I got up and left the table when it was happening one day and that gave them the message! They don't even talk about it now which is quite nice! I think mike had a word too and said I was an adult and I am able to make choices for myself what I do and don't want to eat so if I choose to have pudding, its not something that should be made a fuss of just because I'm trying to lose weight. They think they're helping I suppose but we are all grown up enough to choose what to consume!
What drink did you go for in the end? Hello friend! :) lol

Went for a low syn wine (thanks for the tip) and vodka! WEll not got to the vodka yet but there's plans. You're lucky you say you couldn't wish for nicer and at least yours are being helpful or at least think they are. I once told mine about my dream of owning a bakery (I love to bake) and his mum said "but you'd eat everything at the end of the day" and other comments have included "but you're bigger then when you first met him"

lovely isn't it!!!!

well done u for sticking up for yourself and well done Mike for saying something. My OH wont! X

Oh that's not nice :( that's just spiteful. Dont think I could bite my tongue!

I am very lucky to have such lovely in laws (well not actual in laws but they will be) they've done so much for me and I really think they were just having a joke and didn't realise it was a sensitive subject for me as they are the kind of family to take the mick out of each other a bit, just like mine really!

Woo glad you are enjoying the wine! I would love to be drinking some right now! Might have a glass when I get in and put my foot down about the creperie tomorrow and say we should just go for coffee so the syns balance out.
When I went to group I weighed on a Monday and used to add up whatever syns I'd used by Friday after work, then whatever was left from 105would be my weekend syns. Worked really well but my consultant pulled me up on it ( after being told by previous c it was fine!) in front of the whole group and embarrassed me and since then been a bit all over the place with them. Always used to lose well doing that but was put off by the consultant.Think I might start doing that again, start from Monday even though I weigh on Thursday and use them flexibly throughout the week.
I have a plan stan! :)

Yeah I wasn't best pleased. Though I wasn't best pleased I wasn't stood up for either!!!!!

yeah I didn't have the best c either. I don't think some of it are in to help people I think they're in it for the money!!! X

Ah, he didn't even say anything?! Hope you made him pay for that.

This year is my C's 20th year. I think some of the member's have been there for that long playing with the same few lbs bless 'em! One of our target members is 80 this week coming and apparently is a different man from the one that joined all those years ago. younger and more full of life.

Hmm yeah I wouldn't be pleased either el, did you talk to him about it?

She was great in all other ways but I made sure she knew she had totally humiliated me that day and she was mortified, I think she was just trying to make a point but don't use me to make it!

Fran how adorable, bet he has a totally new lease of life now! Wow 20 years as a consultant, she is obv doing it right! X

Thanks ladies. Yeah I had a word with him. Told him it's unacceptable to not stick up for me when she says something like that (not sure how much of it went in but hey)

well I went a bit loose with the old syns once I'd had a drink and ate crisps! Flipping heck! Woken up with a slight headache but going to have a good green day today x

Breakfast- sweet omelettes (thanks Donna!) sprinkled with cinnamon with chopped banana, apple and fromage frais.

Lunch- pasta n sauce with added veg, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and spring onion

Dinner- quorn cottage pie with veggies in it and a sweet potato, potato and swede topping

Green day, milk in drinks through day hex a 1, will put some cheese in potato topping hex a2, I might get some Alpen lights later to use as hex b'a this week as snacks so will have 2 of those today :) still got one left haven't I? Erm....not sure might have some cereal as a snack if I get hungry!

Still not heard back from my friend, she's not replying to texts but don't want to hassle her as her dad is very ill, he might have taken a turn for the worse or something.
Mike wants to go out and do something today, but helpfully when I ask him what he says- I don't mind.... Grrrr!

Last edited:
Breakfast- sweet omelettes (thanks Donna!) sprinkled with cinnamon with chopped banana, apple and fromage frais.

Lunch- pasta n sauce with added veg, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and spring onion

Dinner- quorn cottage pie with veggies in it and a sweet potato, potato and swede topping

Green day, milk in drinks through day hex a 1, will put some cheese in potato topping hex a2, I might get some Alpen lights later to use as hex b'a this week as snacks so will have 2 of those today :) still got one left haven't I? Erm....not sure might have some cereal as a snack if I get hungry!

Still not heard back from my friend, she's not replying to texts but don't want to hassle her as her dad is very ill, he might have taken a turn for the worse or something.
Mike wants to go out and do something today, but helpfully when I ask him what he says- I don't mind.... Grrrr!

OH is just the same. He's terrible about making decisions!

Fake pancakes were good....the real ones were better! Just back from sugar and snow the pancake diner. I could live there it's amazing! I was quite restrained I think and had a savoury crepe with ham and cheese (no longer green day but there was so little cheese it def wasn't a whole hex a.) Will count the cheese as half and use the milk in my teas as other half, I only use a tiny bit each time. So 9 syns for pancake? I also had a little scoop of mint ice cream, it was only a little scoop and it was amazing! Not sure how many syns to count for it but I def won't have any more today.
Dinner will still be quorn cottage pie but will obv not put cheese in mash now.
As the friend I was meeting is mikes brothers girlfriend he sat with his brother while we went to the pancake place and both there now so will prob hang about here for a bit and maybe watch a film when we get home.
I did wonder about a list but I'm fed up of deciding everything!
Hope nate is having a nice day x

Glad you liked the fake pancakes, ham and cheese crepe sound gorgeous :) I love savoury ones (okay I love sweet ones as well) Sounds like you had some nice treats but were quite restrained, you should be proud

Thanks Donna, honestly I sat there with the menu in front of me and went- "I want to order it all!", it looked so good! Now I know what they have I will know how many syns to save in future!

Thanks fran that is helpful! Yes it was mint choc chip, my fave too. They also had chocolate and peanut butter which I will save a million syns for just to go back and taste it! I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been as much as 100g as it was a small scoop but I will count 9.5 just in case. 18.5 for a visit to the ice cream shop- could be worse! I planned to flexi syn 25 so did well I think. From tomorrow I will be doing my weekly syns again, what I used to do was try and keep below 10 each day but not strictly, then come Friday home time I'd add up what I'd used so far, take that off 105 and what was left would be my allowance for weekend so will give that a go again.

Quorn cottage pie made, going to serve it with some of the frozen veg mix I've got.
Just fixed the many holes in mikey 'spiky toes' socks, ( seriously every pair has a hole in the same place!) and now watching slum dog millionaire, great film! Chill time now xx

Last edited:
Back