Scarlett to target one day at a time

Hiya, been awol this weekend and been off plan but for a very good reason. Mikes brother proposed to his gf (who is one of my best friends) so had a lovely time celebrating with them. Back on the wagon today and def need it! Hardly got any food in so need to go shopping! X

Haha usually no but 3days of champagne and an accumulative hangover tells me otherwise! Anyway moving on, got a yummy comfort food dinner planned tonight

Breakfast/lunch as i slept in so late was hex b toast with scraping on flora light (1syn)

Dinner cooking now is quorn chilli with sweet potato wedges and a couple of slices garlic bread, 12syns for the garlic bread, high but so worth it!

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I know I've tend to have pasta as a bolognese but rarely with chicken, though it would make a nice change!

Sorry been quiet lately, even though yesterday's hangover wasn't as bad as the previous couple of days, feeling really weird today! Eyes feel strained so got a headache, trying to stay off computer as much as poss while its hurting.
Hope you have a good day xx

Lunch plan changed, mum boss had made an industrial sized vat of this rice dish she makes. Carrots, garlic, onion saffron and rice. Very tasty and had it before but this time it def had quite a bit of oil in it, got a greasy feeling in my tummy now wish I had politely declined but last time it was lovely and no oil at all. Will have to allow a couple of syns for oil, luckily only had a smallish portion and bulked it out with pepper and had some ham with it too.

Last night's dinner ended up being omelette with tinned tomatoes as I thought mike was getting the chicken out and he thought I was! Oh well it's out defrosting now!

Bfast- banana and coffee (wasn't hungry)
Lunch- vegetable soup with carrots, leek, onion, garlic, stock season all and couscous mixed through to bulk it out.
Apple and grapes for afters
Dinner- yesterday's, chicken and veg pasta.
Milk throughout day in coffee and either bread with dinner or will get some alpen lights for pudding.
Wednesday which means walk day, got up to almost 5k and 40mins last week so will need to beat that! The idea is once we've got to 5k we will get quicker and quicker walking then turn it into jog/walk/jog, and eventually jog the lot but that's a while off! Really need some properly fitted running shoes as my feet hit the ground on the inside and I need to be properly supported to prevent another stress fracture (happened last time I did couch to 5k).
Hope anyone reading is having a good day x

Thanks hun, walked a different route and did just over 5k :)

Stampy feet moment though- we stopped for tinned tomatoes, beans and eggs en route (tomatoes for chicken pasta) and when we got home realised I'd picked up 2 tins of beans :( the cheap ones were on the tomato shelf. Meant that yet again my chicken and veg pasta has been delayed! Boohoo!
Ended up with a chicken veg stir fry with pasta as we've run out of noodles and rice! Trying to do a bit of an eat down so getting low on everything! Will shop on Friday as lucked out and it works out that this is my usual 4day week (Friday off) even with the bank hol we had on Monday. Bonus :)

Ooh that does sound nice!
Currently at soft play, tried to keep up but think they are doing it on purpose little monkeys!
Now sat with a huge block of chocolate caramel shortbread behind me whispering in my ear. I will resist!

Breakfast- bran flakes (b) with milk (1/2a)
Snack- apple (which were in a bowl next to the shortbread! Restrained or what?!)
Lunch will be couscous salad with loads of veg
Dinner will be pasta and sauce with added veg (lol can you tell the cupboards are bare?)
After lunch making oaty fruit bars with the girls. We saw them on "i can cook" on cbeebies the other day and thought they were a good alternative to making cakes! Basically has oats, grated apple, raisins, 1dsp sugar and some apple juice then baked. Will be some syns but not too high and sound filling. it's a green day so am I allowed to count the oats as my other b (or 1/2 of one) if I do careful measuring?

Well done on resisting. I've found that with a lot of stuff I just dont enjoy it anymore. Like being so excited for toad in the hole, and I left most of it as I didn't like it now. So you might have found if you had some you'd find it claggy, sickly, and unpleasant.

I saw those oaty bars. Minky had a great flapjack recipe that was 1heb+ 2 syns per thinggy. If you measure the oats and divide it by the number of portions it makes you will know how many oats are in a portion and from that you can calculate if it is a heb. If that makes sense! Don't forget to syn the grated Apple as it'll be cooked, the Apple juice and raisins only need synning once. I made some chocolate Orange cupcakes from an annabel karmen book and they were only 5 syns each.

Poor you being old mother Hubbard!

Ok thanks ill do that! Just making lunch, girls look knackered after soft play so maybe they will nap (fingers crossed)

Haha old mother Hubbard! It's partly laziness and partly saving a bit of money. Was too busy drinking champers last weekend to meal plan for the week or shop and as week has gone on its been easier to just say I will shop on Friday as im off plus have been paid. Thank goodness for weekly pay or will have been a mother hubbard month! Will sit and meal plan tonight I think. You made any new yummy dishes this week? Xx

Last edited:
Done my meal plan and can't wait for half of them!

Again will be in any order, will decide as the mood takes me which day to have what!
Starting tomorrow as I haven't shopped so far this week-

Tuna, tomato and mozzarella pasta bake
Lentil cheddar bake with spicy sweet potato wedges
Sri Lankan chicken curry with rice
Pizza topped chicken with sweet potato chips (love them so much having them twice!)
Jacket potatoes with tuna
Chicken and leek pie topped with potato
And the obligatory poached egg and beans on toast for a quicky dinner.

Just had my pasta padded out with veg, yummy!

Posted my oaty bar ingredients earlier and someone lovely worked out the syns, works out at 1hex b and 4 syns for 2 squares. Was yummy, I love flapjacky type things and at least this one isn't full of sugar and syrup!

Got some choccy Philly in the fridge so think ill use it as an apple dip mixed with yogurt. Always a nice choc hit but not as bad as a bar. Mike wants my car in a little while and need to pop to shop first so better get going! Xx

Last edited:
Back