• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Schwartz Hollandaise Sauce mix - 1% fat milk

Been trying to work out the syn values of this. I'm guessing its 5 syns for the whole dry sauce mix cos its 99 cals per pkt. I made it with half pint of 1% milk which I cant find the syn value for. Then, to make the calculations even more difficult, lol, I had 2 tblsps of the made up sauce on my dinner.

I just measured out what's left of the sauce after we've all eaten some and I reckon the total yield was around 10 tblsps so whatever the total syn value is, I should divide it by 5.

Can anyone help me with this please?
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I'm not sure about 1% milk but if you still have the bottle, check the nutritinal value and it would be 1 syn for 20 cals, or if you have milk as a hxa you could take it out of that? Then add it all up and divide by 5. My OH is amazing at maths so i alwats get him solve all these riddles for me!!
I use packet sauces quite a bit - but I don't count the syns of the milk as I make sure it's taken from my HEXA allowance.

syns online gives shwartz Hollandaise Sauce Mix, dried, 25g sachet as 5 on all plans.

So I would count it as 1 syn (if you think you had about one 5th of it).

Hope this helps! x
Thanks for the replies people.

I'd already had my cheese allowance so needed to syn the milk. Why didn't I think to look on the carton at the nutritional info??? derrrrr!!!! lol

Anyway - to answer my own question . . . .

1% fat milk is 43 cals per 100 ml. I used 300 ml on the sauce so thats 129 cals which equates to 6.5 syns. Add on the 5 syns for the sauce mix = 11.5, then divide by 5 cos there were approximately 5 servings so I reckon I had almost 2.5 syns. Not nearly as bad as I was imagining.