Schwartz Hollandaise Sauce mix - 1% fat milk

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by auntynet, 2 November 2011 Social URL.

1. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Been trying to work out the syn values of this. I'm guessing its 5 syns for the whole dry sauce mix cos its 99 cals per pkt. I made it with half pint of 1% milk which I cant find the syn value for. Then, to make the calculations even more difficult, lol, I had 2 tblsps of the made up sauce on my dinner.

I just measured out what's left of the sauce after we've all eaten some and I reckon the total yield was around 10 tblsps so whatever the total syn value is, I should divide it by 5.

Can anyone help me with this please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolateworm

chocolateworm Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not sure about 1% milk but if you still have the bottle, check the nutritinal value and it would be 1 syn for 20 cals, or if you have milk as a hxa you could take it out of that? Then add it all up and divide by 5. My OH is amazing at maths so i alwats get him solve all these riddles for me!!

4. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use packet sauces quite a bit - but I don't count the syns of the milk as I make sure it's taken from my HEXA allowance.

syns online gives shwartz Hollandaise Sauce Mix, dried, 25g sachet as 5 on all plans.

So I would count it as 1 syn (if you think you had about one 5th of it).

Hope this helps! x

5. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies people.

I'd already had my cheese allowance so needed to syn the milk. Why didn't I think to look on the carton at the nutritional info??? derrrrr!!!! lol

Anyway - to answer my own question . . . .

1% fat milk is 43 cals per 100 ml. I used 300 ml on the sauce so thats 129 cals which equates to 6.5 syns. Add on the 5 syns for the sauce mix = 11.5, then divide by 5 cos there were approximately 5 servings so I reckon I had almost 2.5 syns. Not nearly as bad as I was imagining.

6. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds about right to me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.