Scooby is New...but in it for the long haul! 12st+ to loose

Haha SJB, that would explain why I can't find it then!

Thank you for the welcomes Jayde and Chezz. Jayde- do you have a thread? It would be good to follow your progress because as you said, we're of a similar weight and it sounds like we're chasing the same dreams too.

So, I started to feel hungry again about half an hour ago so had a bowl of cornflakes with skimmed milk and a muller light. Also had a mini pack of love hearts earlier left over from the trick or treat sweets we bought. Considering it's a Sunday and I would have normally eaten myself to the point of feeling sick by now I'm really pleased with how today has gone.

I've done my meal plan for the week and made a big batch of leek, potato and bacon soup to take to work for lunch every day so fingers crossed it'll be a positive week.

Hi scooby :)

I do have a diary but it's in silver so you need 500 posts I think it is. Better get posting :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you Princess, it really was yum! Especially the sweet potato chips- will definitely be having those again soon!

Ok so today has been ok foodwise, I did have one slight slip up when I had a treatsize twix, they were on the staff room table at work and again it was one of those situations where it was in my mouth before I even thought about it. It's shameful how I just put things in my mouth without even thinking about it first and how I think that is normal. I obviously need to address that- big time. Although, on the other hand, I had one- usually I'd have had at least 2 probably 3 and then still come home from work and stuffed myself full of biscuits, chocolates and ice-cream as well as my dinner so in the bigger picture, 1 treatsize twix isn't the end of the world I suppose.

Ok so today I have had:

BF- A wholemeal roll, halved and toasted topped with about a teaspoon of ketchup and 2 scrambled eggs.
Lunch- Home made Leek, potato & bacon soup, 3 multigrain crackers & a satsuma
Snack- Treatsize Twix (see above), A Mullerlight yoghurt
Dinner- Chicken Casserole

Feeling full at the moment although would love something sweet, just keep telling myself I don't need it and we haven't got anything in the house anyway.

Wow! congrats sweets that's an amazing weight loss and beginning to your journey

Tracy x

Treatsize is exactly that - a treat. You do still deserve them love :) and just stopping at once proves that you are on the right track! :)

:party0011: well done on your fantastic loss Scooby. :party0011:

Hi Ladies (are there any gents on WEMITTS?)

I didn't manage to get on here at all yesterday.

I'm struggling- I can't believe I am so weak I am already finding this hard- it's only been just over a week, I'm so ashamed of myself. I wish I could be one of those people who when they put their mind to something, they are able to just do it- I feel like I'll never be able to stick to it, never be a Mum and just go on being big and miserable forever- I'm happy when I'm eating the chocolate and naughties and then I feel c**p afterwards because I know I shouldn't have had them.
Please can someone tell me this will get easier?

Yesterday wasn't good to the point where I just said "oh sod it, I'll have what i want now I've already ruined it" which I know is the worst possible thing I could have done but it's done now and I can't change it.

Today has been better, but it's been so incredibly hard:

BF- Rice Krispies and Semi-skimmed milk
Lunch- HM Leek, potato & bacon soup with 4 multigrain crackers & a strawberry mullerlight with a small banana

I got in from work early today and found 3 takeaway menu's on the mat- I honestly nearly cried (how ridiculous) but I gave myself a stern talking to and decided to be proactive instead of giving in again. I had planned on doing pitta pizza's with HM paprika wedges and salad for Friday nights dinner as a sort of alternative to our usual Friday night take away but because I'm craving take away today now after seeing the menu's I've decided to have that for dinner tonight instead and I'll think of something else for Friday night so I've got it all prepped and ready to go in the oven and I am really looking forward to it.

Sorry, for whinging. I'm having a rubbish time at work at the moment and just generally feeling a bit sorry for myself and my normal way of coping with feeling down is to eat and now I can't do that I just don't know how to cheer myself up.

Right, I'm done moaning now- sorry guys.

xxx

Hi Tracey. I think most of us on here have been in the situation of having the same relationship with food you do. Most of this journey is a mental battle. You've made an amazing start. Your pitta pizzas sound delicious. Well done you for resisting takeaway. If you do indulge at anytime just wipe the slate clean and carry on with your plan. If you keep going you'll get to goal. This forum is super for venting and the support is great. You're definitely not alone! Good luck. X

On my grand restart (lost count of how many!) I lasted just over a week before losing the plot. I think it's probably really common. You've had your first weigh in, the novelty's worn off. But it's what you do next that counts. I doubt there's a single successful dieter who didn't fall off the wagon lots before finding a way to cling on for dear life. So you're practising. :)

Keep on keeping on! :hug99:

9lb is amazing! How are you finding it? try remembering that amazing feeling when your struggling. I'm on week 3 and loving it! I think it really helps me to plan, I sit down and so a few days at a time, i try to plan for my meals to be as low syn as possible then if I do need a quick fix I have syns ready to use.... if that makes sense!?

Gosh I'm sorry everyone, I was that busy moaning earlier I didn't even say thank you to Tracy and Angel for your congratulations on my loss messages or to PSP for your comments on my twix slip up. Sorry!

Thank you Jazz and Angel, I really appreciate that. I definitely think being able to come on here and vent and be completely honest about how I'm feeling is really helpful. Not having to pretend that I'm doing well and loving this whole process when I'm really not right now is somehow comforting- thank you for the support ladies. Hopefully it will get easier, I'd love to get to that point where my brain, body and heart automatically make the right choices about food and enjoy them too, it feels like it's a million miles away now but maybe one day.

I have thoroughally enjoyed my dinner this evening and I feel satisfied after eating it and full too. I'm really pleased that we had that and not a take away because it was just as delicious and I won't feel sluggish and have tummy ache tomorrow now which I always do after a take away pizza (it's never stopped me having them though- stupid really!) I was a bit of a pig and had a massive portion but it was all fairly good stuff so I don't feel too bad.

I had paprika wedges cooked in the olive oil flavoured fry light, wholemeal pitta with a little tomato puree and dried herbs spread over then I put a couple of little blobs of LF philly, mushrooms, ham chunks and spinach on and sprinkled LF cheddar on top and had it with some mixed salad leaves on the side and a little squirt of LF mayo.

Thanks Rachel, I meal plan too but still sometimes find that I just really don't want the thing I've planned or I get tempted by something else. For me, it isn't necessarily the meals that are my problem, it's what I eat in between them that's the trouble or after them in the evenings and even if I don't buy naughty things in, I'll find a way of getting them, conveniently needing to pop to the shop for something like loo roll and add a tub of ben and jerry's to the basket- I know it's got to stop and I'm trying.

Thanks again for the support guys- without a doubt I already know that joining minimins was a good decision.

You have to draw a line under the bad days and keep going, love. If I remember rightly it takes about a month to get a full new habit established so you do it every day. It's not fun and it is a hard slog - but you have to remember that you're doing it for you and what you want :)

Noone's done 100% 100% of the time. Just keep plodding on and keep coming back if you need us :)

Ah I Know what you mean, this might sound odd but I've given my husband my debit card! So if we need loo roll then he has to go! Hopefully soon I can be trusted with it but for now, its working!x

It does get easier, hon! I've been doing it for over three years now and it's become second nature to me. You just need to plod on until you create new habits - I think it's three weeks they reckon to form a habit, isn't it? Nine pounds is fantastic, as I said before, you should be very proud! :) xx

It does get easier, hon! I've been doing it for over three years now and it's become second nature to me. You just need to plod on until you create new habits - I think it's three weeks they reckon to form a habit, isn't it? Nine pounds is fantastic, as I said before, you should be very proud! :) xx

Oh My.... I've just how much you have lost - thats amazing! Was that all with just SW?x

Thats very impressive, especially with Calorie counting, did you do it pretty much on your own or where people supportive?

Thats very impressive, especially with Calorie counting, did you do it pretty much on your own or where people supportive?

Thanks! :) I did it mainly on my own - obviously I got lots of support on here, not sure how I would have gone on without Minimins, I can't sing its praises highly enough!! The other thing I swear by is My Fitness Pal, definitely a must for CC! :) xx

Back