Scooter...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 1 April 2007 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I am thinking of getting a little 125cc scooter to go to work on parking at the hospital is a nightmare now and I drive a big 7 seater tank all of 2 miles everyday there and it takes me 20 minutes.

Anyway has anyone got a scooter? What should I be looking for? What does it cost to insure? Are they fun to drive? etc etc.

I have seen a site that sells them brand new for 699 quid and they look ok but I am totally new to bikes having only ever driven cars before.

Ta

Mike

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Hi Mike, Im sorry but iv never ridden one, but im sure they must be fun, and easy to monouvere

4. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Pros & Cons

Pros - Far less Road Tax, Insurance, running costs etc.
    Nippy (? mine was restricted to 30mph)
    Less stress on the legs than a bicycle.

Cons - Realistically having to wear the correct clothing - leathers in hot
    weather!
    All those hugely stressed four-wheeled vehicle drivers that
    DON'T SEE CYCLISTS & SCOOTER DRIVERS until they are
    plastered over the front of their vehicle!

There's also this argument, if you are only travelling 2 miles, why not walk? It'll soon only take you 30 mins to do that far and will only cost you shoe leather

Last edited: 1 April 2007
  5. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Two wheels are definitely better than four Mike.

I confess I don’t know too much about the 125cc market as it has been a while since I had something like that. However, production has come on a lot so, I am sure they are both nippy and reliable.

I find that driving a car I suffer from frustration at other drivers, almost a non violent road rage type thing, yet on a motorbike, I am more alert, more free, calmer and certainly more happy.

Go for it mate. You will be on a Harley before Christmas :D :D

6. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

How about cycling? Would probably take about the same amount of time, and Norwich is very flat so you probably wouldn't even get that sweaty!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.