Scotch Eggs

MummyClaire

I made these for lunch today !

I thought these were really tastey and only 1/2 syn per scotch egg !! (and 1 HEx B)

8 Eggs
1 x Pack of 6 WW Sausages
6 Slices Wholemeal Bread
Fry Light

* Place 6 Eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to boil then simmer for 10 min, take of the stove and run under cold water to make them cold, then take the shells off and place "naked" eggs in a fresh bowl of cold water.

* Put bread into a food processor to make breadcrumbs and put them in a shallow dish.

* Crack the 2 remaining eggs into a deep bowl and whisk with a fork.

* Cover a baking tray with non-stick mat or baking paper then spray with fry light.

* Turn oven onto 190 oc

* Take 1 WW Sausage, slit the skin with a knife and peel off to leave the sausage meat. squash it to make a ball then flatten it.

* Wrap 1 egg in the sausage meat till its all coated ("give it a new shell" as my daughter said i was doing).

* Dip it into the beaten eggs then roll in the breadcrumbs.

* Place Egg onto the baking tray.

* Wash Hands (i had a sink of soapy water ready) .... its easier to coat eggs in the sausage meat with clean hands :)

* Repeat steps above to coat all your eggs.

* Once they are all on the baking tray spray them with Fry Light and place in the oven for 30 min till cooked.

* Once cooked leave to cool for 2 minutes then enjoy !

.... i served mine with corn on the cob (i have a pic of the eggs as they came out the oven and were cooling but forgot to take one on the plate, i was so hungary and wanting to try them that i forgot :) ... i will take one next time i make them and upload it !

I made 7, 3 for me (as thats how many i could coat in my 2 slices of bread for my HEx), and 2 each for my daughter and my dad ..... and all plates were empty at the end !! ...my daughter even went looking for more and wouldn't believe me when i told her there weren't any more ! lol

xxx

Attachments

• Image0244.jpg
    Image0244.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 1,252
umm i'll have to try cous cous next time :) .... i used tesco value eggs as they tend to come up smaller then normal eggs which makes 1 sausage go round easier :)

xxx

Just wanted to say that I made two of these today for my lunch and they were lovely.
Might make a load up to keep in the fridge for easy lunches once I'm back to work!

I made these yesterday and they were delicious I worked out they were 4.5 sins each on EE using WW sausages and 2 slices of bread (crumbs) to coat 6 eggs

I made another batch, five this time. Used 8 tesco light choices sausages for the 5 eggs and 3 slices of ww bread for the 5 eggs. Mine calculated at 3.7 syns an egg so rounded them down to 3.5 hehe

i have used extra lean pork mince and added sage to it with onions,then used cooked cous cous to coat and they would be FREE on extra easy.

Had to bump this recipe as I loved it when I was doing sw earlier in the year, now I'm back I'll be making some more!!

I've made scotch eggs but cooked them in my actifry - take the paddle out first. Used a small amount of olive oil as I don't like the yucky fry sprays.

Must try making these as am struggling for lunch ideas that I fancy at the moment. Think I'll try the couscous coating idea.

Mmmmmmm

Yum - lovely!! Used couscous instead of breadcrumbs and it worked fine. Oh - and split 8 sausages between 6 eggs. So between half and one syn each. Am rounding it up to one syn each. Well worth it.

Made these for my picnic today with 3 weight watchers sausages and 2 slices of hovis wholemeal 400g; 4 syns per egg but they're HUGE and half would be ample! Can't wait to try them!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3154283965.jpg
    image-3154283965.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 202
Just to add that they were absolutely delicious and my hubby has requested a 2nd batch!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am totally making another batch of these now I am back on sw. I am going to cook them in my airfryer this time and this will mean some easy lunches for me for back to work 2 January!

im gonna give these a try - I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge - nice way to use them for a different snack

Here are some that I make.........

Pete’s Spicy Scotch Eggs

Makes 4

Ingredients

1 egg for dipping (ff)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp English mustard powder
1 tbsp hot paprika
4 small eggs (ff)
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausages (0.5 syn per sausage)
6 tbsp Couscous (ff)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

Method

Bring water to a boil with the eggs in; reduce the heat to a simmer for 6 mins. Remove and run under cold water until the eggs are cool, set aside.
De-skin the sausages and mix in a bowl with garlic salt, parsley, mustard, basil & paprika.
Lay out a piece of Clingfilm and place the meat on it, cover with a second piece of film and using a roller reduce to a thickness of about 4-5 mm.
Take the shells of the eggs, remove the top piece of film and roll one egg on the meat until it is covered, cut from the rest of the meat, wet your hands and roll the egg in your hand until it’s all covered & smooth, set aside until all are done.
In a bowl tip couscous and in another one egg beaten with a whisk. Take one scotch egg and dip into the egg mix, then the couscous then set to one side on a plate, when completed place all the eggs into the fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
Heat the oven to 180c and transfer the eggs to an oven-proof dish, cook for 25-30 mins until cooked & browned. Remove & allow to cool.

Scotch Eggs-2 (Small).JPG

Back