Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

I'm really pleased at how much better I seem to be feeling today (day 6). Ketosis is well and truly here as I got a nice dark pink reading today and all the nasty side effects I've had along the way seem to have passed. There were points when I wanted to chuck it as I felt so ropey, but there really is light at the end of the tunnel so hang in there all July starters/re-starters :D

Need to get off the laptop and go and put this new found energy to good use. My kitchen is getting it!!!!

Get married on hogmanay this year. I am so excited :). Where are you from? I have just eaten my cardboard bar. Rank. They are out of date very soon as I am still using feb pack so tried to get the one from tesco but they didnt have any :cry:What have you been upto today? xx

Another Glasgow girl here lol im only on day one though so will be watching you two in hope i can follow your success x

Wooohoo it's a Scottish take over ;)

Nice to see a few of us x

Get married on hogmanay this year. I am so excited :). Where are you from? I have just eaten my cardboard bar. Rank. They are out of date very soon as I am still using feb pack so tried to get the one from tesco but they didnt have any :cry:What have you been upto today? xx

Hogmany - that should be a lovely time to get married, and you have plenty months left to get to where you want to be with your weight. I'm from Lanarkshire :)

I gave up on the exante bars, partly because they were out of date but also because I felt like I was eating MDF. I think I might have adjusted to them though as everything is gradually tasting better... Not going to order anymore though. The BL/tesco bars are nicer and cheaper alternatives IMO and I have a dark pink ketosis reading so they seem to be working for me!

I've been on a cleaning mission today and am now feeling really pleased with myself! I'm wondering if exante-ers tend to have really clean and tidy houses :rolleyes:

How's your day going? x

Another Glasgow girl here lol im only on day one though so will be watching you two in hope i can follow your success x

:party0019: Hooray for all the scots!!

There's a little mob of us!! And it seems like quite a few of us live in the central belt so we can keep each other up to date on any bargains on coke zero, etc :flirt2:

So day 6 has ended up being a WS day. My OH has decided to join me on exante - he doesn't have much to lose and it will be a quick boost for him really, but i'm very glad of the support and the lack of temptation around the house. He's doing WS though and was cooking up a WS meal (oven baked chicken and greens) and my stomach was gurgling... I also really fancied sitting down together and eating at the table so I did. Strange how I feel guilty even though I know I've still stuck 100% to plan today (just not 100% TS)...

Anyhoo, am hoping this doesn't have too much of an impact on that big first week loss!!

Well done Scotminx getting back on track, it sounds like you are really in the zone this time round and tackling it head on.
Its comforting to know that others have days where they have to do WS. It is only day 4 for me and struggled today.

Good luck with your weigh in xx

Dee
xx

Thanks Dee - I really do feel like now is the right time. There's no harm in doing WS at all, we'll still lose weight (I'm telling myself) and this is a million times better than just going off plan altogether... If it keeps us focussed and on plan then I don't see the harm. I know that the losses will be slightly slower, but I wouldn't do 7 days WS as I don't feel I need to, so hopefully it won't slow things down too much. It'll be more like 1-2 WS days per week for a treat/social events.

It's funny how in such a short space of time some oven baked chicken and brocolli becomes a "treat" ;). What was also interesting is that I found I was only able to eat slowly (which is good right as apparently that's what "normal" folks do) and stopped eating when I was full :D I left some chicken!! Seems like exante might be re-training me to think/behave much more sensibly around food, and to appreciate calories, portions, etc :flirt2:

Hiiiiiiiiii!!! :)

Just thought after your lovely comment on my diary I'd come and have a nosey at yours :)
Guess what, I also have 50lbs to lose by October 1st and I also weigh 13.13!!!!

I've had a really brief read and it's good to know you're back on track, like me, sometimes you just need to say enough is enough, stop messing around and get to it!!!

Well, all the best and I'll make sure I pop on to see how you're doing :) x

Hiiiiiiiiii!!! :)

Just thought after your lovely comment on my diary I'd come and have a nosey at yours :)
Guess what, I also have 50lbs to lose by October 1st and I also weigh 13.13!!!!

I've had a really brief read and it's good to know you're back on track, like me, sometimes you just need to say enough is enough, stop messing around and get to it!!!

Well, all the best and I'll make sure I pop on to see how you're doing :) x

Thanks BB. It's time to get it done indeed :cool:. We'll be smoking hot by October :)

Oh another Scot here too, I'm also from Lanarkshire. Wondering what this says about us Scots, we are either really good or really bad:D

Well done on sticking with it Scotminx, sitting through a chinese take away must have taken some willpower, big pat on the back for that one.

I'm sure it'll all be worth it when you get a good loss:D

Morning, scotminx how are you today?
A WS day wont do you any harm and its great you have your OH helping you on your journey. I went shopping yesterday. I feel a bit tired today as my OH had been at a festival all weekend and came home at 4.15am so I sat up talking to him for a while. I was 100% yesterday so looking forward to weigh in on wednesday. Are you looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow? xx

Morning, scotminx how are you today?
A WS day wont do you any harm and its great you have your OH helping you on your journey. I went shopping yesterday. I feel a bit tired today as my OH had been at a festival all weekend and came home at 4.15am so I sat up talking to him for a while. I was 100% yesterday so looking forward to weigh in on wednesday. Are you looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow? xx

Morning Jinty!! Well done on your 100% day yesterday. Tiredness is quite a common occurrance for me just now (mixed with spells of lots of energy) - am hoping this will all settle down once my body has adjusted to the new lifestyle.

I was sooo excited about my WI in tomorrow that I hopped on the scales this morning when I got up (I was feeling lighter and just couldn't resist a peek).

I've lost 8.5lbs in 6 days!!!! :eek::D:eek::D No wonder I'm feeling lighter lol. And a WS day didn't do any harm at all it would seem (my ketostix was still very dark pink this morning).

Will record the official week 1 WI tomorrow, but so far am loving exante even though day 1-5 side effects were awful. Have you sneeked a peek yet?

Lol I stay in Lanarkshire too lol. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*Waves* at JenJen - let me know if you spot any bargains on exante friendly products! :D

So today has been intersting. OH and I were off work today and so thought we'd go out a nice long walk. I thought I would be fine as K is well and truly here and my energy levels have been up. However, after about 15 mins of walking I started to feel really weak and broke out in a cold sweat :( :( and I didn't really want to complain much in case my OH decided that maybe this diet was a bit too extreme or whatever...

You'll be glad to know though that after a wee rest, a drink of water and half a bar I was able to complete the circuit (about 90 mins total). I think the lesson for me is that my body is still adjusting, and that I will need to take it slow when it comes to exercise. Shorter walks and maybe a bit of my 30day shred DVD are probably the way to go.

Today also ended up being another WS - OH and I had a boiled egg salad for dinner. So assuming I don't cheat tonight (which I won't - promise!!) I have managed to complete week 1 100% with a combo of 5 TS days and 2 WS days. Can't wait for the official first week WI tomorrow!! :D

Hi scotminx, I weigh myself everyday, cant help myself lol. The scales this morning say I have lost 4lb. You are going to have a fantastic loss tomorrow. Well done. You must be so proud of yourself. xx

Hi scotminx, I weigh myself everyday, cant help myself lol. The scales this morning say I have lost 4lb. You are going to have a fantastic loss tomorrow. Well done. You must be so proud of yourself. xx

Thanks! :) I am feeling rather proud and very excited about the official WI tomorrow :D. Well done on the 4lbs loss - after 7 days you're going to have an amazing first week WI to report too I'm sure. How's your day been? xx

Back