Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

Hey Scottie
If we can't moan on here where can we moan?!? Hope today has gone well anyway, I had my first gain this week and its amazing how demotivating it can be, even when you know exactly why it happened and exactly what you need to do to shift it!
Week after holiday must be so tough - its always easier to diet when you've got something concrete like a holiday coming up, plus there's always the post-holiday blues to deal with (without comfort eating, argh!)
Keep going though and you'll soon push through and get back into the zone!
LED xx

Awww thanks for all the support guys! What would I do without you??? :)

Today has been more mentally positive but went WS as I'm waiting on my bars being delivered from approved foods and needed something to chew after a long day at work. Was very good with it though - straight up chicken breast and brocolli - who would have thought that would ever feel like a treat lol?

Also down 0.75lbs this morning. Would love to see 12.10something tomorrow... :)

Scottie's Phase 2 Daily Weight Chart

Day 1: 12st 13.5lbs (post holiday 3.5lb gain)
Day 2: 12st 11.25lbs -2.25lbs
Day 3: 12st 11.25lbs sts
Day 4: 12st 12.5 +1.25 (1 meal off plan)
Day 5: 12st 11.75 -0.75
Day 6: 12st 12 +0.25 (WS day)
Day 7: 12st 11.25 -0.75 (WS day)

Hope you're all having a good day!

xx

Hmmm broccoli!! Fab day all in all then Scottie! 12.10 tomorrow for sure! xx

Well, I'm afraid to say I was randomly up 0.5lbs this morning for no apparent reason (other than maybe being a bit bunged up - i'll be taking some movicol shortly) taking me to 12st 11.75lbs. No 12.10 in sight :(

So, my week 1 restart has yeilded a loss of 1.75lbs which I have mixed feelings about tbh! Ok, I had one meal off plan, but that was quite early on in the week, and I expected with it being a restart week that my loss would have been pretty big...

And to make matters worse, I woke up starving this morning so I thought I'd check the ketostix and there were nada ketones present so I'm back to square 1 :( I'd had pink the day before and had gone through all the carb withdrawal symptoms so I'm pretty gutted that I have to do it all over again... I don't think I did anything wrong yesterday and my WS meal was low carb - literally just chicken and brocolli. Maybe the big pile of brocolli + the 3 packs was enough to knock me out of K? On a lot of WS days before I've only had 2 packs + a meal but felt I needed all my packs yesterday so that might have been the mistake...

Today I'm doing WS again (too hungry and had a long day at work) then have decided that I will join my friends for dinner tomorrow night but try to make a sensible choice. I feel like I've left my exante head in Spain as I'm struggling to get back into it (the 1.75lb loss in a restart week isn't helping!). Maybe I need a couple of days low carbing (don't want to go right off plan as I couldn't cope with going back into the 13s) and to put it out my head for a bit before going back full steam into TS.

Sorry guys, am moaning again today... :(

Hope you're all getting on a bit better than I am!

xx

scotminx said:
Well, I'm afraid to say I was randomly up 0.5lbs this morning for no apparent reason (other than maybe being a bit bunged up - i'll be taking some movicol shortly) taking me to 12st 11.75lbs. No 12.10 in sight :(

So, my week 1 restart has yeilded a loss of 1.75lbs which I have mixed feelings about tbh! Ok, I had one meal off plan, but that was quite early on in the week, and I expected with it being a restart week that my loss would have been pretty big...

And to make matters worse, I woke up starving this morning so I thought I'd check the ketostix and there were nada ketones present so I'm back to square 1 :( I'd had pink the day before and had gone through all the carb withdrawal symptoms so I'm pretty gutted that I have to do it all over again... I don't think I did anything wrong yesterday and my WS meal was low carb - literally just chicken and brocolli. Maybe the big pile of brocolli + the 3 packs was enough to knock me out of K? On a lot of WS days before I've only had 2 packs + a meal but felt I needed all my packs yesterday so that might have been the mistake...

Today I'm doing WS again (too hungry and had a long day at work) then have decided that I will join my friends for dinner tomorrow night but try to make a sensible choice. I feel like I've left my exante head in Spain as I'm struggling to get back into it (the 1.75lb loss in a restart week isn't helping!). Maybe I need a couple of days low carbing (don't want to go right off plan as I couldn't cope with going back into the 13s) and to put it out my head for a bit before going back full steam into TS.

Sorry guys, am moaning again today... :(

Hope you're all getting on a bit better than I am!

xx

Oh Scottie that sucks :(
Maybe too many carbs in your broccoli you said you had a lot? I think the recommended amount is 2 heaped tablespoons
Hopefully it's just water that will drop off soon x

Oh Scottie that sucks :(
Maybe too many carbs in your broccoli you said you had a lot? I think the recommended amount is 2 heaped tablespoons
Hopefully it's just water that will drop off soon x

Jeez, 2 heaped tablespoons? I had way more than that (most of my plate was brocolli). Guess I still have WW/SW thoughts that veg is free, eat it until you're full, etc in mind. It seems likely then that with 3 packs and a hearty portion of brocolli I'm over my carb limit...

Ah well, lesson learned, and thanks for the heads up on the portion size dusty!

Nyt nyt
x

hey hun , sorry to read you are having a hard time , if its just the broccoli thats knocked you out of K , then it should take you too long to get back in , as the carbs will still be low ... hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

determinator said:
hey hun , sorry to read you are having a hard time , if its just the broccoli thats knocked you out of K , then it should take you too long to get back in , as the carbs will still be low ... hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

Yep this is all true
You might still be in it too hun the sticks aren't great and often give false negatives

Scottie's Phase 2 Daily Weight Chart

Day 1: 12st 13.5lbs (post holiday 3.5lb gain)
Day 2: 12st 11.25lbs -2.25lbs
Day 3: 12st 11.25lbs sts
Day 4: 12st 12.5 +1.25 (1 meal off plan)
Day 5: 12st 11.75 -0.75
Day 6: 12st 12 +0.25 (WS day)
Day 7: 12st 11.25 -0.75 (WS day)
Day 8: 12st 11.75 +0.5 (???, WS day)
Day 9: 12st 11.75 sts

Well after 5 days of WS, I've stayed the same, and this has been a restart week. A bit miffed tbh... How have I not lost when eating ~800-1000kcals a day and living on packs and lean protein/veg? Grrr....

Ok, so I need a couple of days away from the scales I think, and I'm going to low carb over this time until I can get started back on TS. It seems I need TS rather than WS for a bit to get things moving again. I'll be aiming to restart TS on Sat or Sun so that I can have at least 1 full 100% day under my belt before I go back to work on Monday.

If I start on the 4th I'll have 26 days to go hard at TS until my birthday at the end of the month. I would love it if I could be in the 11s by then (will need to lose ~12lbs) so that will be my goal!

Phew... Feel better now that I have a bit of a plan :)

xx

Hi Scotminx
Grr sometimes the scales just don't play fair! I've hardly lost anything this last couple of weeks, but I swear my work trousers are looser than they were before. I've had a tough time too this week with too much off-plan food during my AAM week - I'm out with a friend today so will be eating (low carb), and then its back to TS tomorrow!
Struggling with my TS head too so be great to support each other through this first week back at 100% TS - by the end of the week we'll be firmly back in the zone and the scales will be going down!!!!! :D

Struggling with my TS head too so be great to support each other through this first week back at 100% TS - by the end of the week we'll be firmly back in the zone and the scales will be going down!!!!! :D

Sounds like a great plan LED. Starting back today and not looking forward to those first few days so will be needing all the support I can get my hands on. We can do this!!

x

Well good morning all... Had 3 days off and my plans to low carb went out the window :( I'm not even going to tell you what I ate, but I think I need to note down for my own benefit that nothing I had tasted as good as I thought it would, and some stuff was actually a bit rubbish/made me feel like crap with all the salt, etc... Need to keep this in mind when I'm fantasising about food - IT WILL NOT BE WORTH IT!!

WI this morning and I'm at 12st 13.25lbs - am obviously gutted that I've undone all my work after last week's struggle, but at the same time am pleased I haven't gone into the 13s again. It's time to nip it in the bud!!!!

TS all the way today and MUST DRINK WATER...

I'm not thinking about how long I need to do this for, just focussing on one day at a time. My main goal at the moment is to get under 12 stone as I'll no longer be "obese" then and can't wait to be just "overweight"! I would be really happy if I could achieve this in time for my birthday at the end of the month, but I'm not going to put any pressure on myself. I'm focussing on being 100% a day at a time and we'll see where that takes me!

:)

x

Day 1 TS 100% = done!

However, have been getting more and more distressed with hair loss, and today in the shower I had big clumps in my hands whilst washing my hair. I've said a few times to various folks that for me WL is more important, but after today I'm not so sure. WL is still really important, but my hair has been my THING and it's very long, etc. Don't know that I could cope with bald patches - it's looking very thin just now :(

I'm very torn between continuing with exante for a final push and just accepting the hair loss, or increasing my calories but sticking to WS principles. I think low GI eating will be the way forward for me as a lifestyle choice anyway as I've felt soooo much better since I've cut down on carbs and processed crap with exante. Hmmm... Feeling a bit stuck and confused by it all. I know I want to lose weight, but do I want to do it rapidly and be at goal by xmas but with very fine hair, or do I want to do healthy low GI calorie couting + exercise and accept that I'll probably only lose 7lbs per month?

The one thing I do know for sure is that I've lost over 5 stone on my WL journey so far, and I haven't regained any of it back. I just need to figure out the best way for me to push forwards and get to goal...

x

Hi Scotminx
Well done on your TS day! Not sure what to suggest about the hair loss - I think its only a temporary thing and will be as thick as ever a few months after reaching goal, but if you're keeping it long I guess that will mean quite a while before its thick all the way to the ends!
You've already done amazingly well :D keep us posted on what you decide to do!
LED x

Well I'm 2.5lbs down since Sunday, taking me back to 12st 11.25. Shouldn't be long until I'm back to 12st 10 and pre-holiday/falling off the wagon weight!

I'm trying out WS/SS where I'm having 2 packs to replace 2 meals a day, and a low calorie low carb meal. I'm being much more strict with the calories of my WS meals and couting everything on MFP.

Having lost over 5 stone already, I've decided that it's not a race to get the rest off, and I need to do what's going to work for me. I'll give it a month and see how I get on, and I should be better able to exercise now that my calories are a bit higher. I appreciate that the losses will be slower, but as long as it's downwards I'll be happy. And, I'm sure I'll throw in the odd TS day just to give things a wee boost!

Will try to keep the food refs to a minimum, and will hang out here whilst I'm still using packs if that's ok??

Hope you're all doing alright :D

x

hey scotminx
Glad you're still with us! ws/ss are perfectly suitable exante plans so no reason for you to go anywhere! And I don't think there are any food rules in diaries - in fact I'd find it quite helpful to hear about what meals you're having, especially if you're doing all the calorie counting - save me a job when I'm next having food!
As you say, 5 stone is an amazing loss, and doing WS/SS the weight will still come off quicker than weightwatchers or slimming world! Plus it won't be such a shock when you get to goal and are eating for maintenance
Have a good day today!
LED x

Hi Scottie.

So sorry I haven't been here, just been mad with the wedding stuff!!!! I've decided to stop exante, I've had the hair loss and it scared the poop out of me so I've decided that exante has helped me lose the first 3 stone and put me into a 'normal' range and now I'm happy to lose the rest steadily, healthily and slowly with weight watchers.
Whatever you decide it'll be the right decision and you WILL lose your weight as you're so determined!!!
I'm moving my diary to the general diaries section too so if you want to find me, I'll be there!!! Good luck with what you decide, I'll still be keeping my beady eyes on you too!!!! ;) xxx

Back