Scraggyanna's Food diary 2010

scraggyanna

Saturday

Green:

Breakfast: 28g Sultana bran (HEB) and little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Mug shot

Dinner: Jacket Potato and Beans and 28g cheese (HEA)

Snacks: One fish finger (2.5 syns), one rich tea biscuit (2 syns), one light Alpen bar (HEB)

I am planning to have some melon and kiwi now, and might have a ff Activia yogurt in a bit, or my other light Alpen bar.

I don't have green days very often, am I on the right lines? I realise I haven't had as much veg as I normally do on a red day?

Sunday's food diary

Sunday

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g porridge (HEB) made with milk (HEA) and red berries and 2tsp honey (2 syns)

Lunch: Home made syn free tomato and veg soup

Dinner: Home made syn free beef goulash and 100g brown pasta (HEB)

Snacks: Alpen light bar (3 syns), bite of malt loaf (oversynning at 2, as 4 per slice and I had a tiny bite!) May have a ff Activia yogurt in a bit, which will be free.

Syns: 7

Monday

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran (HEB) with splash of ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Tuna salad, grapes

Dinner: Salmon stir fry with 28g cashew nuts (I thought these were HEB, but don't think they can be on a red day, which means 8.5 syns!!:eek:)

Snacks: Banana this morning, one mini babybel light (half HEA) one Alpen light bar (half HEB) and probably a ff Activia yogurt in a bit when I really want sweets!

Syns: 8.5

Tuesday

Green day:

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran with a little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Half a pack on Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation couscous (1/4 syn!) with salad, melon and kiwi

Dinner: Spag bol with pasta made with 85g extra lean beef mince, lots of veg and Schwartz mix (3 syns, overestimate as I had less than 1/3 of the overall meal)

Snacks: 2 mini babybel light (HEA) and grapes. Will probably have my nightly ff Activia in a bit too.

Syns: 3 1/4

Wednesday

Green day:

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran with a little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Half a pack on Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation couscous (1/4 syn!), melon, grapes and kiwi

Dinner: Left over from last night - Spag bol with pasta made with 85g extra lean beef mince, lots of veg and Schwartz mix (3 syns, overestimate as I had less than 1/3 of the overall meal) and 28g cheese (HEA)

Snacks: Alpen light bar (3 syns), maybe a ff Activia in a bit

Syns: 6

Thursday

Green day

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran (HEB) and a splash of ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: 96g pack of M and S veggie sushi (1/2 syn)

Dinner: Sweet potato and veg and pork chop (have weighed pork chop and worked out it's HEB + 5 syns)

Snacks: Alpen light bar (3 syns), 2 mini babybel lights (HEA)
Syns: 8 1/2 syns

I haven't eaten much today, and hubby is still at work and will be bringing the sweet potato with him, so dinner will still be a while. I took fruit with me, but have been driving all day so didn't have a chance to eat it. As a result, I am absolutely starving!! I hope today's lack of food doesn't affect this week's weigh in.

Friday

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g porridge oats (HEB) with muller light and frozen fruit

Lunch: 1 Ryvita (part of HEB) with tomatoes, cucumber and 1 light Dairylea triangle (HEA)

Dinner: Schwartz jerk chicken (2 syns) made with fresh pineapple, veg and tomato puree (2 syns)

Syns: 4

Saturday

Breakfast: 28g Sultana bran (HEB) and splash of ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Roast beef with veg, free gravy and roast skin on potatoes (HEB), and SW chocolate mousse for pudding (4 1/2 syns)

No dinner today, and still full from dinner, and just a satsuma for snacks.

Syns: 4 1/2

Sunday

Red day

Breakfast: FF Activia yogurt

Lunch: Home made free tomato and veg soup

Dinner: Gammon steak with fresh pineapple, veg and HEB skin on sauteed potatoes (in fry light)

Snacks: Have had a satsuma already and may well have some melon for pudding later on, as it needs eating!!

Monday

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g Sultana bran (HEB) with a little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Chicken salad with 1tbs light mayo (2 syns)

Dinner: Cod wrapped in bacon with stir fry veg in fry light with blue dragon lemon sauce (4 syns)

Snacks: 1xAlpen light (HEB), slice of malt loaf (4 syns)

Syns: 8

Tuesday

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran (HEB) with a little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: Chicken salad with 1tbsp light mayo (2 syns)

Dinner: Pork chop with mashed swede and carrot and green veg

Snacks: Orange, strawberries, ff Activia yogurt, 1xQuality street (2.5 syns)

Syns: 4.5

Wednesday 20th Jan

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g porridge (HEB) with ss milk (HEA), honey (2 syns) and frozen fruit

Lunch: Left over jerk chicken (1 syn)

Dinner: Chicken stuffed with philly (2 syns) and spinach, with new potatoes (HEB) and carrots and spinach.

Snacks: Satsuma, cherries, chocolate (4 syns) and maybe a ff Activia yogurt later.

Syns: 9

Thursday 21st

Green day

Breakfast: 28g sultana bran (HEB) with a little ss milk (HEA)

Lunch: half a packet of Ainsley Harriott couscous (0.5 syn), kiwi, grapes

Dinner: Jacket potato with 28g cheese (HEB) and beans, with lots of lettuce and cucumber

Snacks: Alpen light bar (3 syns) and one bourbon biscuit (4 syns)

Syns: 7.5

Friday 22nd

Lunch: Jacket potato with 28g cheese (HEA) and beans and an orange

Dinner: 2 Ryvita (HEB) and a packet of prawn cocktail snack a jacks (4.5)

Snacks:

Syns: 4.5

Saturday 23rd

Red day

Lunch: Gammon steak with new potatoes (HEB) and carrots and beans

Snack: Orange, 4 celebrations (10 syns)

Hi noticed you were asking for comments on your diary so I had a look.

The first thing I noticed was that sometimes you aren't eating your full allowance of healthy extras you are only eating part of them, you say a little milk from hea or 1 Alpen light instead of 2 as a heb. on one day you had porridge as a heb but you didn't include the extra scan bran to go with it, for lunch one day you had one dairylea light triangle as a hea it says in the book you need 4 as a hea.

Are you having them and not writing them down or are you not eating them.

Are you filling in a sw diary, it looks to me as if you aren't eating enough, my free food box is full and I make sure I have the right amount of hea + b's and have settled on 10 syns a day and have lost 2 stone in 8 weeks, I mention that only to say that it is possible to lose eating everything the plan asks you to.

Have you read this thread it explains everything perfectly :D

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

hope you dont mind my comments,

good luck

Hi Soccermom - thanks so much for your time and comments.

I do write down everything I eat, so you are right that I don't eat all of my HEBs. I struggle with dairy, so in the morning I have a splash of milk, and most of it is left when I finish my cereal.

I thought I was eating quite well the first couple of weeks, but last week floundered a little on the fruit and veg front.

You are also right that I don't have scan bran with my porridge - honestly, I don't even know what it is!! I will ask on the main board in case you don't come back on here!

I am going food shopping tomorrow, so shall plan my meals, and get lots of free food to fill out my eating for the week.

I haven't read the link so will have a lookie to remind myself.

Thank you so much, and well done on your weight loss - you are obviously doing something right!!

Sunday 24th

Red day:

Breakfast: 28g porridge (HEB) made with ss milk (HEA) with honey (2 syns) and frozen red fruit

Lunch: Very bad 1 Alpen light (3 syns) and an orange

Dinner: Shepherds pie with Schwartz mix (2 syns), carrots, swede and onions in skins sliced on top (HEB)

Snack: Malt loaf (8 syns)

Syns: 15

I seem to be having some trouble posting st the moment - don't fear - I have been keeping a written food diary at home - can't trust myself not to! So shall be updating soon.

Back