Scum!

Monkey_Monkey_Underpants

Not quite normal
There really are some horrible people in this world, aren't there?

Last night we had a break in while we were asleep, and both our laptops were taken.

I'm so angry!

Oh god I'm so sorry to hear that, and scary that they were in the house whilst you were asleep!!

I hope your ok! these bad people will get what's coming to them one day!!

That's awful, hope you're ok. Bring on the Karma.

I work in laptop sales. Not that a lot can be done about it now but if you contact the manufacturer if you have a note of the serial numbers, they will log the units as stolen on their records. That way, if it turns up somewhere, they'll have a note of it and you never know, you might get a happy ending. It's happened before!!

OMG Jim so sorry too hear how frighten. Glad you're ok though.

What goes around comes around - they get whats coming to them..

Kats
x

Oh no how awful.
My son was mugged for his mobile phone 2 weeks ago. Can't believe how greedy and selfish people are.

How awful for you both, yep there really are some nasty people about. I know you can't replace the important stuff on your laptops, but I do hope you get everything sorted soon.

I work in laptop sales. Not that a lot can be done about it now but if you contact the manufacturer if you have a note of the serial numbers, they will log the units as stolen on their records. That way, if it turns up somewhere, they'll have a note of it and you never know, you might get a happy ending. It's happened before!!

Thank you for that, it's not something I was aware of.

Blimey, that must have shook you up a bit! Sorry to hear it. I once had my car broken into and my stereo stolen (well actually, it happened twice but the first time I was only a named driver) and it really does shake you up and make you angry! I remember for a while after, I was so scared to walk down my street late at night, just incase.

There are some horrible people out there - although there are also many many nice people too.

Sorry to hear this, some people are unbelieveable and definately scum!!! I got robbed and it was not the fact my mbile was knicked it was the fact that the person felt the need to do it and had the check to say sorry after!!!
I hope they find the b*****ds and get punished!!!

Thanks, everyone.

All things considered, it could have been a lot worse. They just came in through a small window and took 2 laptops. Nothing else. They did no damage, and there were things around which they could easily have had if they'd wanted, which would have caused us much more hassle. (Purse, car keys...)

But it is a real inconvenience not having the laptops.
Come to that, it wasn't a great help not getting to work until nearly midday either, on account of waiting for the police burglary team, and then the SOCO person. It means I'm going to have to be here late this evening, which I could really do without!

In terms of actual loss - I'm sure there will be some stuff that I can't get back, but at the moment I can't think of anything important.
Most of my photos are also on my phone, so can be recovered.
Fortunately term is over so all of DDs course work has been handed in, and should be on the school network as well as the home pc.
And with the insurance it should cost me just the £100 excess to get them both replaced, at the same spec.

But how long's that going to take?
And how long will it be before I'm confident that I can go to bed at night and nobody (or at least nobody unwelcome!) will be in my house while I'm asleep?
I don't like it!

And I'm still ANGRY!

I'm so sorry you were robbed! :( I can't believe the awful people out there. Weird that they only took your laptops though? I wonder if something spooked them?

I'm glad you can get them back on your insurance, £100 isn't bad at all!

As for feeling safe again.. It took my MIL a few months after her house was burgled. I think it was mostly the shock of having someone in the house without them being aware. :( I was held at knifepoint when I was 16 & it took me years to get over it.

Can you put up some alarms to help prevent it in the future? They got in to my MIL's house through an open window.. Silly!

Oh my goodness what absolute scumbags. I'm glad to hear that you are ok & hope whoever done it gets a massive overdose of bad karma

There really are some horrible people in this world, aren't there?

Last night we had a break in while we were asleep, and both our laptops were taken.

I'm so angry!

Quite simply Sarah...........I will kill them for you !!!!!

I am really sorry that this has now left you feeling concerned in your own home. That is almost worse than the loss of your laptops,

huge, big, squidgy hugs xxxx

Oh Sarah, that is awful!

I too would be worried about it happening again. I really hope that the police are able to help and that your insurance company get you sorted soon.

Thinking of you.

Thanks, Sue.

As a (generally) non-violent person I think killing them may be a little extreme.
But at the moment, I'd be quite happy to chop off some bits that they may be somewhat attached to!

Oh Sarah, my heart goes out to you!! We were burgled about 8 years ago- they took laptop, our ENTIRE CD collection, cameras, DVD player! Plus our car keys and drove it all away in our car!!! Police found car in Birmingham next day and they also caught the burglar!! The worst thing about it all, apart from the sheer inconvenience and the memories taken from photos etc, is the intrusiveness of it all!! It makes you so angry! I don't know what to say really because it's a horrible thing to go through!! Let's hope you get replacement laptops soon!!XXX

Back