Sea Salt Cleanse anyone?

Maximus

Gold Member
Following recent discussons on these pages I decided to fire up the old google machine (don't worry, I'm of age, responsible and qualified).

Seeming a lot of SW'ers have problems with keeping regular, and I looked at some alternatives as popping pills is not really an option.

I came across the Sea Salt Cleanse. Apparently it is a quart of water, 32fl OZ or two UK Pints) mixed with 2 teaspoons (NOT TABLESPOONS) of Sea Salt and dranks as quickly as possible.

From what I read, it will achieve the desired effect in anything from 20 minutes to a couple of hours. Because the saline mix/consistency is similar to that of the blood, it is not absorbed by the blood, so goes directly to its target.

Further reading advises it cleanses not just the colon, but the entire digestive tract (writing from memory now and not copying and pasting).

This is all available on google, and it has to be sea salt as it is unrefined compared to other salt(s).

Has anyone tried this or managed to down 2 pints of saline water? - it has to be drunk as quickly as possible for the best effect as it goes straight to where it is needed. I think the taste and sheer volume would deter many, but it seems to work!

Steve

That sounds hard core!!

I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out the way it had just gone in :yuk:

Yuk, I don't think so...too much to drink...

Sounds very extreme, but quite "normal" and acceptable - further reading (I need to get out more) revealed some people do this weekly. Now that is hardcore!

To think I'm dubious about trying Scan Bran lol

LOL I've just been reading about it as well and one site was saying that you do it everyday for the first two weeks then every other day and so on, until you get to week 5 and you then just have it once a week.

It's supposed to have really good health benefits and really cleanses you colon and gets all the gunk out!!

salt water makes you puke..
they suggest you use it to make you vomit if you've accidentally ingested a poison such as bleach etc..

I know saltwater, or seawater made my dog puke.

No it is actually safe to do this, it doesn't say how quick you need to drink the two pints, but if you google it, there are definitely benefits to this and it is not dangerous.

Personally, I believe it is probably less tasty, but ultimately safer than knocking back laxatives as it does actually serve a purpose to cleanse the intestinal tract as well as the colon.

Surprise surprise though - when I google it, seemingly only Americans are using/recommending it.

Insert your own punchline here;)

Ok well I just did it there now and I won't be doing it again.

Following recent discussons on these pages I decided to fire up the old google machine (don't worry, I'm of age, responsible and qualified).

Seeming a lot of SW'ers have problems with keeping regular, and I looked at some alternatives as popping pills is not really an option.

I came across the Sea Salt Cleanse. Apparently it is a quart of water, 32fl OZ or two UK Pints) mixed with 2 teaspoons (NOT TABLESPOONS) of Sea Salt and dranks as quickly as possible.

From what I read, it will achieve the desired effect in anything from 20 minutes to a couple of hours. Because the saline mix/consistency is similar to that of the blood, it is not absorbed by the blood, so goes directly to its target.

Further reading advises it cleanses not just the colon, but the entire digestive tract (writing from memory now and not copying and pasting).

This is all available on google, and it has to be sea salt as it is unrefined compared to other salt(s).

Has anyone tried this or managed to down 2 pints of saline water? - it has to be drunk as quickly as possible for the best effect as it goes straight to where it is needed. I think the taste and sheer volume would deter many, but it seems to work!

Steve

It is a ittle hardcore and something i;ve done in the past and unpleasant it is (DO NOT recommend). Perhaps some colonic hydrotherapy(though it really doesnt do a lot). Thing is your digestive track and bowel is being cleansed.

I'm 100% green and well the first week a bit choppy , lol, but now i;ve settled into the higher fiber everything seems to be running smoothly. Also i did find that when i started i was eating a lot of fat free yogurt and as soon as i stoped doing that my tummy was a lot better.

Hot water with lemon juice in it will keep you goood in that direction. Also exercise will get things moving to :D. Also am good excuse to get your body magic too.Also prhaps use one of your hex's for some prunes

Ok well I just did it there now and I won't be doing it again.
Did it work or are you stuck in the bathroom?;)
It is a ittle hardcore and something i;ve done in the past and unpleasant it is (DO NOT recommend). Perhaps some colonic hydrotherapy(though it really doesnt do a lot). Thing is your digestive track and bowel is being cleansed.

I'm 100% green and well the first week a bit choppy , lol, but now i;ve settled into the higher fiber everything seems to be running smoothly. Also i did find that when i started i was eating a lot of fat free yogurt and as soon as i stoped doing that my tummy was a lot better.

Hot water with lemon juice in it will keep you goood in that direction. Also exercise will get things moving to :D. Also am good excuse to get your body magic too.Also prhaps use one of your hex's for some prunes
Is that colonic irrigation? - I thought that was only for celebs lol.

Anyway, the whole thing is an option, albeit a severe one to those who need a colonic cleanse. On the other hand, I've nothing on and nowhere to go Sunday:eek:;)

Hmm, well after forcing down two pintfuls of salt water, I wonder why nothing's happening, re-read instructions, and you are supposed to do it on an empty stomach :8855:

Instructions never were my strong point :eek:

And here was me thinking the human colon was a self cleaning organ :rolleyes:

nope, there's nooks and crannies for things to get stuck in..

I had to have a colonoscopy once and they gave you some stuff to drink 24hrs before the proceedure that cleans you out, but they also provided a little tube of something that was put in at the other end and foamed up to give it a final rinse as it were..
a most uncomfortable experience, only topped by the wide awake insertion of a 4 foot long camera and half a tank of compressed air..

Is that colonic irrigation? - I thought that was only for celebs lol.

Anyway, the whole thing is an option, albeit a severe one to those who need a colonic cleanse. On the other hand, I've nothing on and nowhere to go Sunday:eek:;)

Its is yes max and lol, what a way to spend a sunday after noon :eek:

ColJack said:
nope, there's nooks and crannies for things to get stuck in..

I had to have a colonoscopy once and they gave you some stuff to drink 24hrs before the proceedure that cleans you out, but they also provided a little tube of something that was put in at the other end and foamed up to give it a final rinse as it were..
a most uncomfortable experience, only topped by the wide awake insertion of a 4 foot long camera and half a tank of compressed air..

My god that sounds horrible. Fingers crossed I never have to have one of those.

as someone who lives by the sea i am reading this this thread with great interest...........now the question is do i go down to the beach and ingest a couple of pints or will i stay at home and have a cup of tea and some prunes instead? Answers on a postcard please........!

Get on that beach and lap up the ocean!:D

LolaCola - did you try again this morning or are you all salt-watered out? :tear_drop::tear_drop:

Back