Seared Scallops with parmaham, lemon and mustard sauce and mash

WMBB

Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)
Serves 2 15pts for recipe 7.5pts per serving.

Ingredients:
200g scallops, roeless- 2pts (about 12 scallops)
12 slices of parma ham 6pts
400g potatos 4pts
60g extra light cream cheese with garlic and chives. 1.5pts
splash of milk 0.5pts

Sauce:
2 tbsp water 0pts
1 tsp dijon mustard 0pts
2 tbsp lemon juice 0pts
2 tbsp lighter than light spread 1pt

Method:
  • Boil peeled potatos until tender, mash and mix in creamed cheese and milk.
  • pan fry in frylight the scallops for about 1 1/2 - 2 mins on each side until cooked through and golden.
  • wrap in parma ham and flash fry for a few seconds in a very hot pan.
Sauce:
  • Add butter, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and mustard to a pan and whisk and simmer until it thickens for about 2 minutes then spoon over the scallops.
serve with some salad too.

have to admit i always make alot more sauce as i love putting it over the mash. :)

you can serve the scallops with toasted ww garlic bread which is tastey and then each serving works out at 9pts each.

Sounds good..

quick question: where do you get the "60g extra light cream cheese with garlic and chives. 1.5pts" from?
I can only ever find the light version with flavours, thought the extra light one would just come in plain? and 60g of the light version comes as 2.5pts (whereas 60g from the extra light (plain) comes at 1.5pts)

Help?

tesco own brand light choices extra light philly with garlic and herbs :)

aaahhh, thanks.. will have to pop into tesco's then.. thx

they have a light texture with a fishy yet delicate taste, in a word, they're amazing :)

Thanks will get some to try in this weeks shop. I like to try a new recipe or new food each week - I get quite excited when I try something new. Note to self must get out more and not just to the supermarket.

Back