Seasoning

jopolson

Hi All,

Just picked up my first batch of Chicken Soup flavour shakes and a friend has said I can add a wee bit or curry powder and black pepper, sounds yum after 5 days of vanilla and strawberry.

Can I use cayenne pepper?

hey chemist told me i can add a little salt and pepper to it as i hate the taste alone, i have done this and its lovely now..........dont knw how chilli powder? but i no ive also read on here pepper isnt allowed as its a plant or somthing......

but if the lady in the chemist says it ok im sure it is

Well the lady in the chemist is wrong to tell you that!!!

Lipotrim say no adding of anything.
Get the salt out for defo. No need to add salt to anything really :)

Nope, nothing :)

Well the lady in the chemist is wrong to tell you that!!!

Lipotrim say no adding of anything.
Get the salt out for defo. No need to add salt to anything really :)

spoke to her again and she says she is wrong about the salt but pepper is defo allowed and almost all the people she sees uses it, and it doesnt affect thier losses or thier ketosis, im now on day 5, used pepper each evening in my soup, and ive been in ketosis since day 3, not hungry at all, bad breath and lots of energy, hasnt affected me at all, so i dont see why not:)

What the hell is your chemist person on?
why are they telling you to add stuff to a diet where it isnt allowed?

Contact Lipotrim and they will tell you that pepper is a berry and a definate no no. Hence why yer only allowed leaf teas and not the fruity ones.

but the lbs are falling off and im still in ketosis, i dont see a problem to be honest hun, but thanks for being so concerned xxxxx

No plenty of people do add stuff to the soups and it doesnt affect them, each to their own and if it helps you to stomach the soups or shakes and isnt affecting you then fantastic :) but im more concerned with the fact that your chemist would tell you its fine to add something when its not. There's so much difference between them all it bugs me lol

No plenty of people do add stuff to the soups and it doesnt affect them, each to their own and if it helps you to stomach the soups or shakes and isnt affecting you then fantastic :) but im more concerned with the fact that your chemist would tell you its fine to add something when its not. There's so much difference between them all it bugs me lol

haha yeah i can see where you coming from in that way hun, i too get stressed from hearing one thing in one place and other somewhere else, i would never add anything to my shakes i read online, but i think if im going to the chemist i will trust them, and the thing is too, i cant stand the soup alone makes me gag, but i look forward all day to my hot cup of soup when the kids in bed.......like i said id never do it with something on here say, but i do trust my chemist as they have been doing lipotrim for years and years:D

Spent hours today looking into this and there a few select spices that can be added that won't take you out of ketosis. It seems the primary reason for "dont add anything" is that the bland flavour is deliberate to keep you from thinking about other food, so no curry powder in my soup and im not going to crave a curry therefore less likely to slip. Also the obvious that it's not regulated.

Also does seem these can only be added in powder form and not flakes, and definately not in excess or you tummy will suffer and harm your weight loss.

I guess each to their own, but I know if i thought it would increase the chance of me slipping i'd rather be safe than sorry, it was too bloody hard to get in to ketosis in the first place!

As it happens there is no chance i'll slip as i'm such a competitive bugger and doing this with a friend so i'm going to enjoy my spicy soup :)

Spent hours today looking into this and there a few select spices that can be added that won't take you out of ketosis. It seems the primary reason for "dont add anything" is that the bland flavour is deliberate to keep you from thinking about other food, so no curry powder in my soup and im not going to crave a curry therefore less likely to slip. Also the obvious that it's not regulated.

Also does seem these can only be added in powder form and not flakes, and definately not in excess or you tummy will suffer and harm your weight loss.

I guess each to their own, but I know if i thought it would increase the chance of me slipping i'd rather be safe than sorry, it was too bloody hard to get in to ketosis in the first place!

As it happens there is no chance i'll slip as i'm such a competitive bugger and doing this with a friend so i'm going to enjoy my spicy soup :)

lol i know how it feel researching it all, ive done it for hours, even googling like crazy now :8855:

i think adding my bit of pepper helps me stay on the diet as i enjoy the soup and look forward to it all day,].......ive found pepper does have a teeny bit of carbs in it, about 1-3 gms per tablespoon, but i dont even use that much lol just a sprinkle and it deffo doesent take you out of ketosis............i think this to be honest is my way of keeping on this diet for longer then i think i can.......

i also agree that the main reason for it not being offically allowed is that same thing you say about the taste should be bland to train you tastebuds etc, but it is still bland it, just makes it palatable as on it own its not to me like its supposed to be

I completely agree that it's a problem when pharmacists tell you diffferent things....mine told me that my redbush and vanilla tea, and peppermint and liquorice tea were fine, but I was concerned they might not be, so I e-mailled lipotrim, and no, they were definitely not ok to drink!! Argh - I'd have been really upset if I'd been drinking for a while when I found that out!

I tried adding just the tiniest bit of pepper to my soup this evening - and it made such a difference - having really disliked it on the other two occasions I tried it, I really enjoyed it!! I'm still in ketosis at the moment, but I guess I need to check again in the morning.....everything crossed!!

And I'm going to try a flapjack tomorrow....and from what I've heard, I'm not going to get too excited about it!! Wish me luck....haha x

I completely agree that it's a problem when pharmacists tell you diffferent things....mine told me that my redbush and vanilla tea, and peppermint and liquorice tea were fine, but I was concerned they might not be, so I e-mailled lipotrim, and no, they were definitely not ok to drink!! Argh - I'd have been really upset if I'd been drinking for a while when I found that out!

I tried adding just the tiniest bit of pepper to my soup this evening - and it made such a difference - having really disliked it on the other two occasions I tried it, I really enjoyed it!! I'm still in ketosis at the moment, but I guess I need to check again in the morning.....everything crossed!!

And I'm going to try a flapjack tomorrow....and from what I've heard, I'm not going to get too excited about it!! Wish me luck....haha x

hey hun how much better does it taste hey, i love my cuppa soup at nightime......its my treat.............going for my wiegh in today, but i was bad lastnight and ate a large piece of ham while making the kids pack lunches,, im still in ketosis this morning , does anyone know if it will kick me out, i feel so bad i wont do it again:break_diet:

Ham shouldnt kick you out of ketosis and will probably do no harm except maybe make you want more - but stay strong and don't give in :D :D :D

salt and pepper is fine........... nothing else.

According to LT salt and pepper is not fine.

What a shame that pepper isn't allowed....it made such a difference to the soup! Oh well......I really enjoy all of the shakes, so I mustn't grumble!

Thanks for the info

Ham shouldnt kick you out of ketosis and will probably do no harm except maybe make you want more - but stay strong and don't give in :D :D :D

According to LT salt and pepper is not fine.

hi yes im still in ketosis thank god, but today i have felt a little more hungry, not bad enough to be out of ketosis, and i really wanted more ham, i wont be doing it again:p

Other benefit to the curry powder in the soup is that it seems to sort out my constipation concerns the next morning

get two birds stoned at once :)

omg - is redbush tea not allowed, I just bought some today and drank a cup... it will be my last cup. anyone know if white tea is allowed (it says leaves and bud on the box - I'm guessing that's flowers and have left it alone)

Back