Second time around on Atkins, but this time I know what I am doing!

Guitarist Chick

Hello all,

I have been reading and lurking for about 2 weeks. Since I started Atkins last week Tuesday I decided to join.

I am very scared yet excited. All of your success stories and the determination you all have is truly inspiring. However I am still scared. In the back of my mind it's one of those things (weight loss) that happens to others.

Here is my story. I will try to keep this short :)

I was very fit in my uni days, went to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, always battled with my weight but it was nothing that the gym couldn't fix. Then came the post uni days, depression set in, lost someone who was very close and food was comforting.

Couldnt find a job and things got worse. Anyway, I woke up one day and realized I weighed TOO MUCH!! I was probably 26 by then. I bought the Atkins book and gave it a go..... or so I thought:8855: anyway, I ate too much, didnt take my supplements, my muscles were always cramping and my hair was falling out!!!

I stopped, and woohoo! I found a job and things were supposed to get better, but the weight kept on piling on.

Fast forward to today, I am 31 and still so over weight I stay well clear of mirrors :cry: and it's not down to lack of trying, goodness knows I have been controlling portions and having my five a day and carbs as the doctor suggested I do!!!!!!

After a glimpse of my huge behind in a mirrored room I decided I had to do something about it, so I started looking up online at what was going on in the slimming world. Found Go Lower, thought it was interesting, checked the price and ran for the hills.

Atkins was and is still a way of life I very much believe in! And so I decided to give it another go.

It's a week on and this time I am doing things in a more sensible manner. My portions are there to keep me from being hungry, I eat my greens, have awesome food, I'm almost never hungry and I am actually enjoying it very much.
This time around I am taking all of my vitamins and minerals and spinach is keeping those pesky cramps at bay! As for hair falling out, hasnt happened yet, and I really hope this time it doesnt!

I hope I havent bored you all :eek:

Still scared of failure but I try to remind myself of this as much as possible:
We can't always have everything in life. I'd rather be healthy and look and feel good, than be able to stuff my face with cakes and chocolates and be unhealthy and look horrible (to myself in the mirror, because I don't care what people think hehe) and STILL BE UNHAPPY!

THANK YOU ALL for your wonderful success stories and for all of you who are still losing weight, well done on your determination and hard work.

Hi & welcome back to the Atkins way of life.

Good luck on your journey. xx

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the mad house. xxx

welcome to our new way of eating journey for life:)

hiya, an interesting read....im the same....one day...bam! huge ass lol

so welcome to the real atkins that isnt just eggs and sausages....

we have great recipes and really inspiring people xx

Welcome and good luck x

Marysu thank you and I'm looking forward to the whole thing :D

nina thank you. Indeed, it is for life. And how delicious the food is ;)

Bren, thank you :)

MissyMustDoIt you made my coffee fly out of my nose :8855: that's so true! I have started looking at the recipes and yummy!! I will have to try several.

athenagold thank you :)

Hi and welcome

Good luck with your loss x

sorry i didnt mean to make you snort your coffee lol

really do try some of the recipes....they are what make you stick to this way of life!

Back