Second Time Around & Struggling!! :(

KeeSimo

So I first started on Cambridge SS in November, initially I found it really difficult but I soon got into the swing of things only to have to come off for 9 weeks because of surgery.

9 weeks later and I've put 18lb back on - thanks to Christmas & New Year and the fact that I am genuinely addicited to food!

I went back on Sole Source on 1st February and I am really struggling, and as I'm on my own Mon - Fri (my partner is in the army) I've no one to turn to for a bit of moral support - Generally the only support I need is "Do Not Eat!" or "You can do this". It just seems like without having someone there to constantly reassure me I am failing miserably! :cry:

Its strange because I thought it would be easier during the week but because I get home and have nothing to do..................I just want to eat! Its a boredom thing.

Does anyone else have a similar problem or is it just that I have zero will power? Wouldn't be so bad but I have a hen do in 8 weeks and my goal was to lose 2 stone before then................at this rate I'll have put 2 stone on! :break_diet:

This is my return to Cambridge too, I started last Friday after having abandoned it for about 6 months. I went to New York for two weeks because of work and when I came home my partner of 4 years had cheated on me, he ruined all the effort I'd put into losing weight and I comfort ate my way through the next few months. He was the person before who I had turned to for encouragement and support, and without him I struggled to get back on track- as well as being crushed by the betrayal he'd abandoned me with my inner piggy demon.

First time around I lost 4 stone, I have 2 lose to get back to where I was. I know how the boredom munchies are, so frustrating but you're totally not alone. Also I love to bake, my own worst enemy when I'm putting food in the way to eat, haha.

You can do it again, I hope you feel like you have support here at least, and I hope that the surgery won't prove to be the set back you think it's been.

"Do Not Eat!" ... "You can do this"

we'll be your support!

x

Hi Keesimo!!

Don't lose heart.

I too am on my own mon to fri oops that is except the 3 children!! But I find it helps because if huuby has a treat I feel I have permission too. I think on this diet you need to be a bit selfish or put yourself first for a change perhaps? You need to do this for yourself and you'll get great support on here so go for it!

Good luck!! :)

Hi Keesimo! I too find the evenings difficult and want to munch because of boredom. I came here for support and have just finished my fourth week, and have lost a stone. All I can say is try hard to get through the first few days, it then becomes easier, especially when you see the weight come off. When you get bored try doing something, ironing, sorting out drawers, looking at old photos, anything to get your mind off food. Good luck.

I am on day 3 of a re-start and am also addicted to evening/bordom munchies. So I have found a cross stich pattern that I never finished (a bit sad i know) but its making the evenings go quicker and giving me something else to concentrate on. Whether I actually put it on the wall ?? Is there a project you've always wanted to do? Start making hand made xmas cards ready for next year?

I think it's harder second time. I've dine it before, but this is the third failed attempt. The first time was so much easier, I just got on and done it, I think because I wasn't sure if I could. But now I know I can, I'm like oh I'll eat and start again tomorrow. It's strange because I would love to be on my own during the week, but that might be because my husband isn't supportive. He thinks he is though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you just have to say, I know I can so I will. Yes, it is def. harder the 2nd / 3rd time round. But our worst enemies are ourselves and that voice that says start tomorrow or little cheat and start again tomorrow. For me - I WILL do it now before I take my big winter coat off and show the world whats underneath. It's easy to hide in jumpers at the mo. but not that many weeks away from taking a few more layers off and exposing myself.

I had a friend who was struggling to get past a few days and she said she got past it by putting on her swimming costume on the morning of 'another' day 1. Having a good look for motivation. She then wore that swimming costume under her clothes for 4 days, stripping off every time she was ready to give up. Made me laugh but it did seem to do the trick!

Just write - what do you really want. Then tell yourself that is what will be done.

Everytime you struggle come on here and we will all support you. Very, very good luck.

Back