Second time slimmer

Becky_

Have restarted Slimming World just today and found this forum to be great support when I was 'going it alone' after leaving group around 3 years ago! So here goes! Last time I lost 2.5 stone in around 6 months, taking me to about 10st4lbs. This time I am determined to reach my target weight of 9st7lbs...sadly a lot harder than it sounds I'm sure! I haven't actually weighed myself to get my start weight as my scales are at my mum's but I estimate about 12st or just under that. Over the last year is when I have slowly regained the pounds, not entirely sure why, but I think probably just down to eating a bit too much of whatever I wanted and of course, Christmas and new year gains. Having remembered how good it feels to be in control and see the pounds coming off is what's really motivating me, as well as my upcoming skiing holiday (February) and of course summer looming in the not too distant future.

If anyone notices I have any syn values wrong please let me know as obviously I'm doing this from memory and things may have changed.

Here's what I ate/am planning to eat for today:

Breakfast
Overnight oats (hexB), made with natural fat free yoghurt (free) and topped with berries (free) and 1 level tbsp of golden syrup (2.5syns).

Lunch
Chilli con carne (homemade, free)

Dinner
Rocket, egg and bacon salad (free)

Snacks
HexA used for 350ml skimmed milk in my tea
kiwi, banana, apple, carrot and celery sticks

That's all so far but I'll forget to post if I don't do it now :) I might use some syns to snack on some raisins later too. Have tried to go super lean today with no sugary snacks as I find it easier to go all or nothing and I need to get the ball rolling somehow. Until tomorrow...

I'm also a second time slimmer. This time last year I decided I was going to slim down and ended up giving up before the end of January. I've got around 31lbs to loose to get to a healthy weight :(.

Breakfast
Shreddies and Skimmed Milk (HE A and B)

Snack
Tangerine

Lunch
Tuna pasta made with 1 syns worth of lighter than light aldi mayo
2 tangerines

Dinner
Beef casserole

Evening snacks
Option of 2 hifi bars if I'm feeling the need.

Hopefully I wont feel the need to eat anything too suspicious later on!

Neets x

Hi Neets! I may buy myself some shreddies next time I go shopping as a bit of a change for breakfast, how much can you use for HexB is it still 30g or 35 (I can't remember!) Sounds like you are doing well and using hardly any syns!

Here's mine for today. Feeling loads better already just from eating more healthily for 2 days! Amazing. Found I had a headache in the afternoon and realised I hadn't drunk any water though, I am so terrible for getting dehydrated. I'm a teacher and just totally forget all about drinking water throughout the day as I'm always running around! Perhaps giving up tea and substituting water in would be an option.

Breakfast
Overnight oats (hexB), made with natural fat free yoghurt and topped with berries and 1 level tbsp of golden syrup (2.5syns).

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash and chicken soup

Dinner
Chicken and sweetcorn risotto (heavy on the chicken today haha!)

Snacks
kiwi, banana, apple, carrot and celery sticks

Thinking of having a hot chocolate with the rest of my syns tonight but I have probably nearly or completely used up my HexA milk allowance for today. So having done some googling and maths, if I use 200ml of milk I worked it out to be 4 syns plus whatever the drinking chocolate is, which has been listed as 10g for 2 syns somewhere! So I'll go with that. I have some syns spare today anyway so if it does turn out to be over then never mind!

Now to plan tomorrows meals! Thinking jacket potato, classic...

Forgot to drink any water again so trying to get my fill in the evening! Here's today's menu.

Breakfast
Overnight oats (hexB), made with natural fat free yoghurt and topped with berries and 1 level tbsp of golden syrup (2.5syns).

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash and chicken soup

Dinner
Jacket potato, 30g cheddar cheese (5.5syns). bacon (visible fat removed), low fat spread (3.5syns) Wish I hadn't use low fat spread as it made almost no difference to the taste whatsoever! Grr wasted syns! Oh well.

Snacks
kiwi, banana, apple, carrot, grapes and celery sticks

HI Becky! At the moment on the app they are showing as 40g of original Shreddies as a HE.

Gone a little wild this morning! Used half of my HE of oats to make baked oats and the other half to have overnight oats so had half size portions of both and they where great! It meant I could have one lot before I left at work and then the other lot at 10am when I get the munchies because everyone else is munching chocies!

For lunch I've had tuna pasta again because its easy and filling along with a tangerine and a hi-fi bar for my choc fix.

Not sure what I am having for dinner this evening. I might have an omelette but not sure. I've got a fair bit of running round to do after work so I've made sure there is fruit to hand so no excuses for nibbling naughties!

I must get into making some soups. I've got some lovely recipes from SW but just haven't got round to sorting them out yet. Maybe that will be one of my goals for this weekend!

That's a good idea for the oats, Neets...may try that one as I'm up early and can't always eat all of breakfast but then I'm starving by break time! Good thinking.

Had a bit of a blip this weekend with a meal out to pizza express. I know the pizza I chose (with the hole in the middle!) was 12.5syns but I also caved and had a few doughballs and a dessert...so after that I thought no point counting it all and being miserable! The rest of Friday I used 0 syns though so it's not all bad...had the usual soup for lunch, fruit for snacks.

Saturday: Cooked brekkie of bacon (fat removed), half can of baked beans, 1 slice toast (HexB) (with spread for 1.5syn), and fried egg (done in frylight)
No lunch
Dinner: Camembert (!!!) with 2 slices wholemeal bread- 1 was my HexB, not sure of the value of the other?! But I assumed that the camembert and the rest of the bread used up my syns anyway. Herby chicken breast, rocket and wedges (made with 1 tbsp oil for 6syns).

Sunday: Woke up late and wasn't hungry, had a banana at about midday. Then waited it out til dinner! Shepherd's pie made by my partner's mum. Only syn was the butter in the mash which I would guess is approx teaspoon per portion so 2syns.
Just had a little treat of chocolate raisins left over from Christmas- the 28g portion was teeeeeeeny tiny but quite decadent in a way, probably other things you could eat that were more worth the 6 syns (!!!!) though.

All in all, bit of a dodgy weekend really! But still feeling so much better than I did this time last weekend, so it's all progress. Nevermind, tomorrow is a new day!

A much more on plan day today!

Breakfast: total disaster where i ended up burning myself on the grill!
Toast (HexB), topped with spread (2syns) and sliced banana.

Lunch:
Homemade butternut squash and chicken soup (my last batch so making leek and potato tonight. Thinking of trying bacon in it?!)

Dinner:
Homemade Chilli and rice, with leftover wedges from yesterday (approx 3syns for the oil they were cooked in)

Snacks:
kiwi, banana, apple, carrot and celery sticks. Might have a hot chocolate for 6 syns later.

Breakfast:
Toast (HexB), topped with spread (2syns) and sliced banana. Ate when I got to work instead of before I went this morning, as I result felt much less hungry throughout the day so may trial this!

Lunch:
Chilli (homemade) Snacked on the usual: banana, apple, kiwi, carrots and celery sticks.

Dinner:
Rocket, red pepper, bacon and boiled egg salad.

Snacks:
Treating myself tonight with a medley of sweet goodness, since I haven't used many syns today :).
Champagne truffle (3 syns)
Shortbread biscuit (2.5syns)
White chocolate coins (Used milkybar syns for reference at 3.5syns for 13g)

Yum!

Tried on old size 10 trousers yesterday and they don't fit yet but I am convinced I have lost any weight put on over Christmas already as I feel so much better! Will weigh myself eventually when I'm feeling brave...

Breakfast: Toast (HexB), topped with spread (2syns) and sliced banana.

Lunch:
Chilli (homemade) Snacked on the usual: banana, apple, kiwi, carrots and celery sticks.

Dinner:
Pasta bolognese topped with 30g cheddar (5.5syns as HexA used for milk in tea)

Snacks: champagne truffle was so worth the 3 syns last night so definitely treating myself to another tonight! Delicious and decadent!

Breakfast: overnight oats topped with natural yoghurt, frozen berries and golden syrup- 1tbsp for 2.5syns

Lunch: leftover pasta bolognese from last night

Dinner: weird concoction of pasta, leek, bacon, chicken, natural yoghurt, garlic and seasoning. Topped with 20g of cheddar which I would say is 4syns?! Not much left in the house at the moment and don't want to brave the snow outside just now ! Need more salad!

2 x champagne truffles for 6 syns

Brek: toast (hexB) topped with banana and spread (2 syns)
Snack: banana!
Lunch: leek and potato soup homemade, kiwi, apple, carrot sticks and raspberries on the side.

Dinner: pasta topped with courgette, red pepper, onion, bacon and passata sauce, then 30g cheddar (6 syns). Rocket salad on the side.
HexA used for skimmed milk. Also had a muller light smooth toffee which I loved and was totally free! Not much of a yoghurt person so really happy to have found one I like and it to be free!

Today!

Brek: banana on toast (hexB) and spread (2 syns)

Lunch: leek and potato soup homemade, kiwi, apple, carrot sticks.

Dins:Jacket potato, spread (2 syns), chicken breast with herbs, rocket salad.

Don't know evening snack yet! Loving a hot choc for 2 syns and marshmallows on top for 1!

Breakfast

Lunch: leek and potato soup homemade, kiwi, apple, carrot sticks.

Dinner: Risotto with sweetcorn, peas, onion, chicken and bacon. No speed on the side but I wasn't sure what went with risotto?

Snacks: got a kiwi left from lunch so I'll have that and see what else I fancy. Run out of my little options hot choc satchets so might have a choc digestive (3.5) with my normal cuppa instead, for a treat.

Overnight oats (hexB), made with muller light vanilla (SO MUCH MORE DELICIOUS with this rather than the fat free natural!!) and topped with berries and 1 level tbsp of golden syrup (2.5syns). Couldn't even eat it all!

Lunch: leftover risotto and rocket on the side! Then left rocket at school which scuppered my omelette dinner plan :( So instead had...

Dinner: leftover chilli con carne

Snacks: kiwi on top of leftover breakfast, banana, apple.

Treats: Gone for a naughty hot choc with 3tsp cadburys drinking choc at 1 syn for each spoonful. Then 2 lots of mini marshmallows so 20 altogether for 2 syns, synned my milk too as don't think my HexA covers it- altogether approx 9 syns I make it! Better to overestimate than under...

Until tomorrow!

Back