Second Week Weigh-in

Daisyboo

Second weigh-in today - 2lbs down!! Woo hooo!! Slight confession though, think it might be slightly down to not having dinner before weigh-in :rolleyes:. Still happy to see those numbers soming down - and Im in to the next stone :D

Feeling motivated to be really good this week (although not started walking yet...) Worrying about this weekend - visiting friends and when we are with them I always end up eating tonnes of crisps, sweets and drinking wine. :break_diet: HELP!

Oh - and missed a week when I counted the weeks to our holiday - so only 7 weeks to go instead of 8!!! :cool: but :eek:

x

well done on the 2lb loss - fabulous! Tips for visiting friends and having nibbles and wine? Try having spritzers, so you will end up drinking less wine - or have shorts with diet coke/lemonade. can you take your own nibbles with you, keep them low syn - Ryvita Minis, be Good To Yourself Crisps from Sainsburys, Walkers French Fries or Quavers maybe? If popping to the pub, try to fill up on free food before you go so you won't actually feel like snacking when youget there - can you do a great walk to a pub with your friends to get soem exercise in?

Well done! I never eat before weigh in. I never wear my jeans either (they weigh over 1.5 pounds).

well done!! am looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow night and i never eat before weigh in either!!!

Well done! As for going to friends, I make syn free 'Twiglets' and take them with me to snack on or soy 'nuts'.

Last time I made the Twiglets, everyone else (not dieting) was eating them and saying how good they were!

Twiglets - parboil some fusilli (twists) pasta for 5 mins. Drain well. Put back in saucepan and mix in a good large spoon of Marmite. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with Frylight. Arrange the twists on the foil so they're in a single layer. Spray with Frylight. Bake for about 10-15 mins on 180 or so until they're golden. Allow to cool before removing from foil.

Soy nuts - Soak half a bag of dried soybeans overnight in a bowl of water. Drain and put in a microwave safe bowl. Add plenty of salt and mix. Microwave for 20 mins, stirring halfway through. Microwave at 2 min intervals, stirring each time, until they are golden and look 'popped'.

Both free on a Green day although I would recommend snacking on them in moderation as they could hinder weight loss if eaten in copious amounts!

ooh those twiglets sound lush, I'm gonna try that. Thanks!

Back