SECOND WEIGH IN

kazbryn

I have just had my second weigh in since starting Xenical on 29th December. I have lost 5lbs this time making my total loss for 10 weeks 11lbs.

I did ask if this was okay and I was told it was a steady loss of a lb a week and I could have another 3 months supply.

I really wish I could lose weight a bit quicker but I really don't want it going on again.

I don't really deprive myself of any food other than fish. Did try a small amount of salmon but OMG. Never again! I did venture and have a poached egg last week and was fine.

Any help to get a faster loss would be appreciated, but I do like my food.

Evenings are the worst when I get home from work, cook the tea and then I have the something nice, which usually ends up with a piece of low fat fruit cake 4g fat in it or snack a jacks.

Kazbryn :wave_cry:

A pound a week loss is a fab loss, and it also means that it's more likely to stay off too. To lose weight faster, you would need to cut back on your cals, BUT this could lead to feelings of deprivation and therefore leading to a binge. If you find evenings hard, and a lot of us do, then I wouldn't recommend cutting back your calories. I know its easy to say, but honestly a pound a week is far better for you in the long term. I know we all want to lose our excess weight quickly, but if you look at it from the point of view that the weight didn't just magically pile on over night, then it's going to take time to get rid of it again. Don't be disillusioned at a pound a week, be proud of your losses, keep at it, and those pounds will soon mount up :)
xx

What exercise are you doing Kazbryn?

Hi Purple_Kathryn

I'm not really doing any exercise other than walking a couple of times a week for probably half an hour at a time. I work full time and by the time I have picked my grandson up from the child minder, cooked tea, and he has gone home it's dark and to be honest I don't want to walk the streets on my own.
It does sound like excuses but I'm really looking forward to the lighter nights so that I can walk at night.

Any other ideas you may have to do indoors I'll give a go.

Hi Kazbryn,

Well done on your weightloss so far :D

When I was on Xenical before, I also used to lose about 1lb a week and tbh it used to get to me too as I was eating all the right things and exercising :( But my Dr said that it was good - Slow off, Stays off :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Back