Secret Diary of a Fat Girl - My First Week

Evening all,

Yep it's called a hand blender madmuppet, had a stupid moment, alas they'd sold out when I went shopping.

Had a much more positive day today, and killed the chocolate craving with a vanilla mullerlight & chocolate sprinkles - not quite the same but did the trick.

Am finding forward planning very helpful meal wise, such as preparing tomorrows lunch the night before when I'm doing dinner. Just so I don't get up in the morning and feel like I can't be bothered.

Had a gorgeous tea of curry, homemade curry sauce too! Such a strange recipe but tastes as if it came straight from the chip shop.

For anyone brave enough to give it a go - 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of beans, 1 tin of mushy peas and 4 tablespoons of mild curry powder. Use a blender or a potato masher to bring it all together. Sounds disgusting, but I assure you that the end result was gorgeous.

Lunch tomorrow is chicken salad with a natural yogurt and mint dressing - yum yum yum!

This positive feeling can definitely stay.

Hope you're all doing well and the weigh in's are going down down down.

FG xx

Hi FG... (sorry but I REFUSE to call you fat girl!!) :p

You're so right about pre-planning meals... it makes it so much easier to keep on track.

I write a menu for the week so I know exactly what groceries I need to buy when I'm shopping. I don't stray from that list at all, hence saving waste and money :)

Keep up the excellent work...

Btw that curry sounds VILE! I might give it a go though! (minus the mushy peas maybe!!) :p

Hi Ontheway,

I will be writing my shopping list ready for the weekend, and shall be sticking to it completely.

My SW consultant suggested doing that, and managed today when I popped to the corner shop for a few bits and bobs.

I thought that the curry sounded vile too, tasted much better than it sounds and you can't taste the individual ingredients once the curry power is added so that's a bonus. I promise :)

FG xx

Forgive me slimmers for I have sinned....

4 slices of white bread today. Nothing major, just fancied it so I had it. Don't even feel bad about it and not sure if that's a good thing or not. Surely there should be some hint of guilt there but nope there's none.

Be glad when the last of it's gone tomorrow in the boys packed lunch, then it won't be staring at me everytime I go in the kitchen.

Tomorrow is another day!!

FG xx

Never tried it Sarah but sounds lovely! Hopefully we've now got it outta our systems

Yes mummy I realised that was you lol nice name ;)

xx

Ohhh yes please as I still haven't been back to see if they have any more in stock, thanks xx

hope this weeks going great for you hun keep up the good work x

Hellooooooooooooooooooo,

It's me, I haven't done a disappearing act honest, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Thanks muppet, the week hasn't been bad - hope you're still going strong xx

Well, erm, since my last update I've found myself addicted to curry powder - strange but true.

Been eating lots and lots of chicken, and it's boring, so out comes the curry powder *shake shake shake* lovely jubbly. I've now got the song in my head to the Colemans advert, you know the one with the shakey bag type thing, and I'm bopping at my desk - they already think I'm a headcase here and now I've proven it, mission completed for the day lol.

I didn't go to weigh in on Monday, met a couple of friends for lunch and a few (ok a lot) of drinkies at the pub. A good time was had by all, and I very much enjoyed my steak and chips washed down with god knows how many vodkas - ohhhhh I hang my head in shame.

Back on track again, I have really gotta stop these weekly blow outs, they are not a habit and I can control myself, uh huh honest.....

So lots of fruit and veg still, mostly chicken in my freezer, still living off salad although I've stocked up on pasta for a change so there's no danger of me turning into Bugs Bunny any time soon - ahhhhh what's up Doc!

Finding myself getting hungry during the day, whereas I didn't before. Before the diet I was skipping breakfast, eating lunch and having a calorific evening meal. Now I'm eating breakfast, having fruit, then lunch, then more fruit and then my dinner, followed by a yoghurt in the evening and I'm finding myself hungry - something isn't right somewhere.

Need to start tackling the exercise part of my diet as I just don't do any. Somehow I don't think walking from the carpark to the office counts as much as I'd like it to.

Am dog sitting in July for a couple of weeks and the lively little darling will need walking between 2-3 times a day so fingers crossed that will help.

Where's that lovely little fairy with her magic wand to wave around and make me a gorgeous size 10, ok I'd settle for a 20 at the moment lol.

Have noticed that I'm not so tired in the evenings, should be a knock on effect from the healthy eating and definitely a good thing.

Can anyone recommend any good exercises to do at home as there's no way I'm confident enough yet to join a gym while I'm this size....

Hope to catch some of you soon, much love and good luck with the weigh ins......can't wait to hear how you're all doing!!

FG xXx

shakey shakey advert made me chuckle lol

glad you enjoyed yourself the other night the thing with blow outs is they are fine if we make a effort to have a blow out which is less then we would normally have lol and then get straight back on it i spose it just takes abit of getting used to mines lasted a bad few days and if im honest the rest of this week hasnt been great but i have resolved that after my weekend away im hitting it hard again and will rectify what i have undone (just praying nothing major)

You will be fine hun we are all with you on this journey as for exercise as i dont go to the gym (shudders at the thought) im doing my wii fit, active 2 on the wii, mainly but i do have the shred dvd and a davina dvd hiding for when i feel i can atleast get though half the dvd lol

keep up the great work xx

Urgh, feels like another bad week. Not necessarily food wise, just lacking motivation. Had a helluva day and don't wanna go to weigh in - just wanna sit on my bum and watch TV.

I shall go though as missed last week, hoping that once I jump on the scales and see what I've lost at least a little bit of weight I may feel a tad happier.

Hope you've all had a good week and good luck at your weigh ins - will update once I've been on the scales

FG xxx

Heya hun
5lbs in your first week is fabulous, you've proved to yourself that you can do it, so just do you're best and you'll get the results you want :)
The odd blow-out is fine, just try to make the best decisions possible, diet-coke and vodka or whatever.

If you're getting really hungry in the day time maybe you need to readdress what you're eating. Having something like porridge or shredded wheat for breakfast should keep you full for longer (I personally love the big shredded wheat pillows in warm milk with honey. It's sweet and filling AND whole grain and low calorie.)

Also, you should try sweet potato, they're fab. You can cut them into chip shapes, boil them for 5 mins and then bake in the oven (with a little 1-calorie spray to stop them sticking - you can get the spray in the olive oil section normally), they're also lush with curry powder or those cajun or mexican spice sachets on ;)

What else? Um. Oh, lidl vegetable soup is the lowest calorie soup that I've come accross.
Mini milk icecreams are only 30 cals a bar (if you can stop at one, if not just don't buy them, lol.)
Iced gems are under 100cals a bag if you need something sugary on occasion...

I think that's all of my diet wisdom, lol.

Oh, and exercise is literally the best thing for weight loss. Even if it's just walking up and down the stairs a few times, or walking to the shops or work or marching on the spot as you watch telly, it all helps.

Best wishes!!

I'm off out to buy you a big bag of motivation lol You have the best reason of all for doing this.........:whacky068:....you xx

Pink thank you so much for your words of wisdom, I shall give some of your suggestions a go. Was thinking about changing what I have for breakfast so I haven't got the munchies before I should have.

Giving myself a big kick up the backside this week and aiming to do a little exercise every night to help shift some of this bulge.

FG xx

Back