Secret Diary

Good morning day 19 (I think! I've lost count)

In a really foul mood due to my husband. I feel I cld just throw these packs in the bin & eat whatever I want but then I rmbrd I'm not doing this for him I'm doing it for me so onwards & downwards (weight wise) lol
All that rain & warmer weather has shifted all our snow thank goodness. I think I'll have a warm toffee shake for breakfast then play on the wii with my 2 kids.

Morning Hunca!

Do you think he's doing it on prupose? to knock you off your diet? Is he insecure?

Wiiiii, I might get on mine tonight and do some Wii Dance :D going for a walk today.

Oh, and I'm sipping on a S&S shake this morning.. had a chat with the BF and he said he thought I should do them, and I sort of agree.. I've gained 1lb this morning arghhh, I know it's prob water weight, but it's not dropping off like it was on S&S and I need it to as I've got a lot to lose :( darn it.

So here I am, back on the shakes. I'm going to have an evening meal most nights of protein and veg, and sometimes just a packet to keep going with it.

Have you weighed yet?

Gem x

Who knows with him really. I partly blame myself as for a long time now we have slept in different rooms due to my snoring & I feel we've slowly drifted apart :-( However he sometimes gives no thought to the kids. It's me who goes to all the dance shows, school events, parents evenings etc etc & I always explain to kids that due to the hours Dad works its not possible for him to make these events. I wonder what it'll be like when I eventually beat this battle of the bulge. I imagine I'll still be the same person, slimmer, but still the same. Wonder how he'll treat me then. I will never walk away from my marriage, I've stuck by him thro redundancy, cancer & other health issues & just don't feel his support but I think he sees this as self inflicted which I suppose it is.

Well nearly at the end of another day just about to have a choc truffa bar & a cup of coffee. Weight wise feeling fabby tonite. Day out tmrw meeting up with an old friend so a bit apprehensive about that diet wise but Im going to take a soup pack & bar with me & hopefully that'll all work out. All our snow has gone now but been replaced with rain.

Day 20 - had a great day meeting up with an old friend. Went for coffee 1st then for lunch I just asked for a mug of boiling water & whipped out my nifty little battery operated milk frother from ikea lol Delicious :)
Had a lemon bar in the car on way home. Chilli for tea yum :) one more day til wi oh how exciting although I do t feel any different from last week!

Day 21- who wld have thought I'd still be here :)

3.07am & I'm wide awake partly because of this pesky cough & partly because my body is full of life lol
Got another bundle of clothes to list on eBay tmrw. Made £75 on the last lot !!!!!

Received my next 7 days of packs & there was a free mixer / shaker in with my order :)
Wi day tmrw but my totm is due & I don't feel very confident so I may not weigh tmrw as I know what it does with my head if its a small loss or no loss at all !!!!!! Spoke with s&s today as I'm confused about how much is too much water & they said a max of 3.5lts which include water used in shakes & meals . When I said I can easyily drink more than that most days they said not to as it can be dangerous so stick to total of 3.5lts & if I'm thirsty try 1 can of coke zero!

ah sorry u were upset hunca hope you feeling better this evening. when u next weighin in? x

Received my next 7 days of packs & there was a free mixer / shaker in with my order :)
Wi day tmrw but my totm is due & I don't feel very confident so I may not weigh tmrw as I know what it does with my head if its a small loss or no loss at all !!!!!! Spoke with s&s today as I'm confused about how much is too much water & they said a max of 3.5lts which include water used in shakes & meals . When I said I can easyily drink more than that most days they said not to as it can be dangerous so stick to total of 3.5lts & if I'm thirsty try 1 can of coke zero!

Hmm not sure on that advice as fizzy drinks dehydrate!! Water is safe and good for u Hun as long as you don't down loads in one go x

Hmm not sure on that advice as fizzy drinks dehydrate!! Water is safe and good for u Hun as long as you don't down loads in one go x

I haven't bought anymore coke zero as I was getting into habit of having 1 every night just out of habit really. Do u drink more than the s&s 3.5lts recommended total amount of water? I'm paranoid about it now!!!

Hey Hunca,

I've been AWOL for a few days, glad to see you are still going strong!

I don't get the water comment either.. I read only you can have up to 15ltrs of water, just limit to 1ltr per hour as that's all the kidneys can process.

Also, too much water can dilute salts and electrolytes in the body, so if you feel faint you can have some added salt on meals.

Maybe they are just scared of bad press if people have problems.

I was drinking 6ltrs a day and felt fine!

I've not been on the packets for a week now, gone up 4lbs, been mixing Atkins/Primal/now calorie counting, but it's not really working lol..

Anyhow, glad to see you are still going strong! Did you weigh in the end or not?

Gem x

Hello I wondered where u'd disappeared to lol

I don't know about going strong but I'm still on the packs. Didn't wi this week as feel so bloated :-( Like u I was drinking alot each day but spaced out but then panicked. It's my birthday today & the old me is rearing its ugly head & I want to go out for lunch or coffee & cake to celebrate but my new head says no have a bar instead !!!!Constant battle isn't it. Are u going back on the packs?

Hey Hunca, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

Yeah, Birthdays are hard, but don't be too hard on yourself, just do what you feel is best.

It's funny how the mind works, I was so motivated, but I guess things change.

I'm calorie counting using My Fitness Pal app on the phone, not progress so far, but kept off 8lbs still, gained 4, but I hope it's just water weight!

I'll just see how I get on, but not in the right frame of mine to go back on packs, I don't think I'd last half a day :eek:

I haven't bought anymore coke zero as I was getting into habit of having 1 every night just out of habit really. Do u drink more than the s&s 3.5lts recommended total amount of water? I'm paranoid about it now!!!

Yeah I drank LOADS!!! I always drink loads of water anyway (carry bottle of water with me everywhere!) so on vlcds I drank even more! I really don't think it will harm you just don't have to much in one go.

Hello I wondered where u'd disappeared to lol

I don't know about going strong but I'm still on the packs. Didn't wi this week as feel so bloated :-( Like u I was drinking alot each day but spaced out but then panicked. It's my birthday today & the old me is rearing its ugly head & I want to go out for lunch or coffee & cake to celebrate but my new head says no have a bar instead !!!!Constant battle isn't it. Are u going back on the packs?

Happy birthday! :) x

Thanks GeeGee & willpowerwoman :)

Ended up going out for a meal tonite oops (veggie haggis chilli burger, chips & coleslaw) & I ate every last crumb lol. Do I feel bad/guilty? A tad but I'll get over it. Straight back on packs tmrw. That's great GeeGee that uve kept 8lbs off. I genuinely believe that all these diets out there work it just depends which one works best for u. At least u are keeping ur calorie intake in check. Well done :)

Thanks Hunca, and really glad you had a meal out, I was going to say 'go on, it's your Birthday', but didn't want to discourage you :p

1.25lbs back off now, woop! getting there slowly.. :D

How you doing back on the packs today?

Back