Secret Slimming in Paris

I totally would have at least had a spoonful of icing though if it was the soft stuff ;) x

No way could I stop at one spoonful!!! I'd end up eating the whole cake!! :eek:

Trying to post a pic from my phone...not sure if it has worked...

Ok, it didn't! Ooops! It just says I'm not logged in or I don't have permission...oh well!

I'm just catching up - well done on the loss, for resisting the cake AND for choosing low cal (Syn) drinks! A 'well done' isn't strong enough for stopping smoking - I know from when OH gave up how hard it is, particularly when you're surrounded by smokers. That was a massive achievement and it shows just how strong-willed you are.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying your new-style food - that's half the battle. Don't get me wrong - there will be times when you crave something 'bad' but you will probably find that when you do have whatever it is, it doesn't actually taste as good as you remember because your taste buds have changed. I find that after a period off plan - holidays or whatever - I'm usually craving good, wholesome, non-fatty SW-style food. (I must remember that - as you know I've been worrying on my thread about how I'll cope with forthcoming holidays!)

Hey ladies!

Just had to show you the beautiful view from my office last night! (I have finally worked out how to upload it!!)

Sunset.jpg

I am very lucky!!

Thanks for the lovely message, Patty!

Giving up smoking was hard, but in a way it was easier than dieting!

I know it's strange but the thing is that I could remember my pre-smoker life whereas I really can't imagine what my body will look like under 103 kgs (my slimmest, when I last stopped SW).

There is something inside of me that tells me I'm not meant to be a smoker but it feels like I don't know how to be anything other than obese! I have been overweight my whole life, even in primary school I was the fat one... It's as though it I have been told so many times that I am fat that it has somehow become engrained in me... Fat is no longer a description of my body but of who I am....

I am working on fighting it, but obviously it's a problem which has a much longer history and so I think it will take me a long time to understand. Seeing the scales go down every week is great and reinforces the tiny tiny voice in the back of my head telling me that I can actually do this!

But no way do I feel like a thin person in a fat persons body. I feel like a fat person in a fat persons body!

Gaaaah! I'm getting myself all depressed now hahaha!!

:D - change of tone!

Had a great day today food wise so far. Didn't have time for breakfast unfortunately (despite waking up 2hours early...I just ended up faffing!) but lunch and the many snacks I've had have all been free or superfree.

Snack: Free yoghurt & kiwi
Lunch: Ham salad followed by mango

The slow cooker is on so I have a syn free pork casserole waiting for me when I get in - perfect!

Just another 54 minutes of work...really must concentrate!

xx

Wow! That's an amazing picture :) Beautiful!

It's so hard to fight food and being overweight! I was overweight from about 8 years old I think and it quickly got to obese levels. Think I was a size 14 by the time I was 12! It's so hard to think "I can be slim and a more normal, healthy weight" when you've known nothing but obesity! My Mum's family are all overweight or obese and to me that was normal because I spent so much time with them growing up.
Takes a lot to change the way we think and act even when we know it's for the better! I slip back in to old habits quite easily, but like Patty I end up craving fruit and veg and healthy meals before long! You'll get there, I promise!

Food sounds lovely for today. Must be nice knowing there's something in the slow cooker waiting for you?! :) xx

You might not feel like there's a thin person inside - yet - but little by little a slim you will start to emerge. You'll start discovering bones that you never knew you had and find little things change which thrill you. I can remember finding my hip bones and I'll never forget the time I realised water swirled around my body in the bath ie I was no longer acting as a dam! (I get dry quicker after a bath or shower now as there are fewer folds to dry - lol)

Are you taking measurements as well as weight? They can be very encouraging too as can regular photos as the mirror doesn't always show a change.

Patty you're spot on and you made me chuckle. I was amazed at my hip bones! But my collar bones freak me out LOL! And the bath thing is interesting too. We don't have a bath at home so it's rare I get one (and as a Lush fanatic that's painful!) and I remember getting in and thinking the same. The water is moving AROUND me!! :eek:

I wish I'd have taken measurements. But having clothes fall off you is good too :D xx

Wow that view is stunning!

Also I can sympathise with always being overweight... although I've successfully lost weight several times now and been a healthy bmi I always end up obese again! This time I'm hoping it's different with the lifestyle changes I've made to support it. Strange I never thought I could be "normal" but when I am there im much more outgoing and it kinda feels like the real me so I hope you'll be the same xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow! That's an amazing picture :) Beautiful!

It's so hard to fight food and being overweight! I was overweight from about 8 years old I think and it quickly got to obese levels. Think I was a size 14 by the time I was 12! It's so hard to think "I can be slim and a more normal, healthy weight" when you've known nothing but obesity! My Mum's family are all overweight or obese and to me that was normal because I spent so much time with them growing up.
Takes a lot to change the way we think and act even when we know it's for the better! I slip back in to old habits quite easily, but like Patty I end up craving fruit and veg and healthy meals before long! You'll get there, I promise!

Food sounds lovely for today. Must be nice knowing there's something in the slow cooker waiting for you?! :) xx

Hi Cheeky! Very true! I consistently put on a stone per year as of my 10th birthday....terrible! The large majority of my family are/have spent a lot of their lives overweight. I have an Auntie who was a size 24 at the age of 15 though and ended up going the other way! She lost all the weight on a very strict diet and has been too thin ever since. She recently had a minor fall which broke her spine - her bones are so brittle! I'm hoping to find a comprise between the two extremes!

You might not feel like there's a thin person inside - yet - but little by little a slim you will start to emerge. You'll start discovering bones that you never knew you had and find little things change which thrill you. I can remember finding my hip bones and I'll never forget the time I realised water swirled around my body in the bath ie I was no longer acting as a dam! (I get dry quicker after a bath or shower now as there are fewer folds to dry - lol)

Are you taking measurements as well as weight? They can be very encouraging too as can regular photos as the mirror doesn't always show a change.

Hi Patty! I sure hope so!! I think I have a long long way before I discover my hip bones unfortunately! and the bath! but I am looking forward to those moments (however surreal and unattainable they feel at the moment!)

Something I did notice while I was staying in Lyon is the last time I was there my D's towel didn't go all the way around me and this time it did! That was pretty nice!

I'm also now wearing size 18 jeans which were tight when I bought them 2 years ago (then pushed to the back of the wardrobe as I'd lost hope of ever fitting into them again!) and are now a really good fit! Just can't weight to get into my RI jeans!

Oooops, forgot to mention, Patty, I didn't take my measurements right before I started but I did take them in August and I have them written down! I might have to re-measure myself now and compare....

Wow the view from you're office is amazing, you are very lucky;)

Hi Michelle! Unfortunately we're not so lucky today! Pollution levels have soared over the last few days and there are now loads of health warnings! The government have advised people to not exercise outside and they've made all public transport free for the next few days as an incentive for people to leave their cars at home! The Eiffel Tower is almost invisible through the haze - if you google 'Paris' 'pollution' 'tour eiffel' you'll see some crazy pics!

Wow that view is stunning!

Also I can sympathise with always being overweight... although I've successfully lost weight several times now and been a healthy bmi I always end up obese again! This time I'm hoping it's different with the lifestyle changes I've made to support it. Strange I never thought I could be "normal" but when I am there im much more outgoing and it kinda feels like the real me so I hope you'll be the same xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey, Mrs Ginger! I sure hope so! As I say, it's just such a surreal thought! Great that you feel more outgoing though. I imagine I might well be the same... Already I feel much more confident with my body (even if I am becoming more critical!)

In a way I think that losing that first chunk of weight I have proven to myself that it's do-able and given myself permission to look at my body again. Before I'd avoid mirrors and, to be honest, was in denial! The truth hurt too much to think about but losing weight seemed like such a mammoth task that it was impossible to begin! Luckily I found Minimins with all of your amazing stories to inspire me!

Tetris, if you're reading this, I had your diary saved as 'inspiration' on my favourites bar for a good few weeks before I dared write anything/start my own diary!

Thanks guysss!

Sophie - when you've a moment, pop across to my thread and read Pom's post (no 658) as it's really a response to one of your messages. I think you'll find it helpful.

You are doing brilliantly as it's not easy being a secret slimmer. However, the time will come when it will be obvious that you are losing weight - people probably suspect already but are too polite to say anything - but it is worth planning some responses to the inevitable questions. A good stock one is along the lines of eating more healthily, but I'm sure other readers will make suggestions.

Back