Secret Slimming in Paris

Don't worry about the cheese on toast it's not too bad in the scheme of things. I'm sat on a bus and it's hailing and raining and im very jealous of your upcoming trip! Haha xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thaaaaaaaanks!

Yeah, not feeling too bad about the cheese on toast, as long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence!

Just got in from work, shattered and have so much to do before I leave tomorrow morning (I go straight from work so need to have everything ready!)

Just wanted to quickly write my food stuff down!

Breakfast: Made scrambled egg & smoked salmon but F managed to knock the salt off the shelf and onto my plate so had to throw it out! No time to make anything else so had a banana on the train
Lunch: Ham salad followed by a fruit salad (kiwi, raspberry, passion fruit & banana)
Snack: Skinny cappuccino (HEA)
Dinner: Beef stew made in slow cooker with loads of veg

Will def need a snack after doing all that's on my list but will try and stick to superfree!

I'll try and catch up before I leave tomorrow but if I can't then have a lovely weekend everyone!
x

Just had to add, it'll be strange stopping Minimins cold turkey for 4 days! x

I use hex's for cheese on wholemeal toast sometimes in evenings too :D often save my hex's for late night sweet fixes like cereal. No guilt ;)
Def try EE some time, it is really relaxed! One of each hex and free food from either plan can be had freely, it's really nice to mix carbs and meat! I def think they are safer than Green days in that you have less carbs because of the meat, I tend to have one carby meal and one red like meal on ee days nowadays.

Hope you have a fab time on your trip! We'll miss ya!

Charley- you work near Brick lane?? :O I went to film school on Brick lane a few years ago and used to live around the corner on Commercial rd! :D x

We're boarding!

Just want to update food quickly:
Breakfast: fat free fromage frais with banana
Lunch: chicken, lettuce & parmesan with a few crutons & olive oil dressing (probs 4syns if I use oo as HEB!
Snack: ham & raspberries

Not so bad! Here comes paella!!!

Minimins I'm hoooome!! And I'm lighter than when I left :D

I lost 1kg!!!!!! That's 2.2lbs! I'm ecstatic!!

Was really worried about WI and was even considering leaving it this week but I'm going to Lyon this weekend so thought I'd better face it sooner than later - and I lost 1kg!!

Had a really good time in Barcelona and actually was only really off plan for two days.

Friday night we were so tired we went straight to the hotel for a nap and woke up the next morning!

I followed Tetris' good advice and stayed away from the breakfast buffet in favour of fresh fruit. The rest of the day I was off plan (eating paella, tapas, enchiladas, sangria, cocktails etc etc) and did pretty much the same on Sunday.

Yesterday I was back on plan. Didn't have time for lunch in the city so we bought food from the supermarket (I bought a salad bowl and some diced ham) and I cooked a SW dinner when I got home (chicken and broccoli).

So only two days but it was two days really off plan! It just goes to show how walking can really save you! (Although my legs don't agree at the moment - they're so achey!)
Or perhaps it was being good the rest of the week that got me such a good loss.... Either way I'm happy!

As for the holiday it was really nice. Barcelona is such a nice city! We saw all the main monuments (La Cathedral, La Sagrada de Familia) spent some time in all the main areas (Barri Gothique, La Rambla, Barceloneta etc) went to the beach, walked up to see the castle, the Olympic stadium etc etc. The weather was nice, a little chilly from the sea breeze but sunny non the less.

I was really happy to be home though to see my OH :love: Also I found spending time with my colleague a little tedious near the end! She is really lovely but apart from work we don't have all that much in common. There is also a big age gap (she's in her 60s) which doesn't bother me but it would have been nice to stay out a little longer (we were back in the hotel by 9pm every night!) and considering the hotel was very basic I was sooo bored (I really can't sl!eep that early!) Anyway, I'm just being horrible now:eek:! We did have a lovely time really.

I'm going to have a green day today (didn't have any last week) and I'm going to put the superfree tips to practise!

Spent this morning cleaning. I fell in love with my OH for many reasons but his housekeeping skills were definitely not one of them! Start work at 2pm so will have lunch before I leave and might put a bean casserole in the slow cooker before I leave for this evening!

x

Minimins I'm hoooome!! And I'm lighter than when I left :D

I lost 1kg!!!!!! That's 2.2lbs! I'm ecstatic!!

Was really worried about WI and was even considering leaving it this week but I'm going to Lyon this weekend so thought I'd better face it sooner than later - and I lost 1kg!!

Had a really good time in Barcelona and actually was only really off plan for two days.

Friday night we were so tired we went straight to the hotel for a nap and woke up the next morning!

I followed Tetris' good advice and stayed away from the breakfast buffet in favour of fresh fruit. The rest of the day I was off plan (eating paella, tapas, enchiladas, sangria, cocktails etc etc) and did pretty much the same on Sunday.

Yesterday I was back on plan. Didn't have time for lunch in the city so we bought food from the supermarket (I bought a salad bowl and some diced ham) and I cooked a SW dinner when I got home (chicken and broccoli).

So only two days but it was two days really off plan! It just goes to show how walking can really save you! (Although my legs don't agree at the moment - they're so achey!)
Or perhaps it was being good the rest of the week that got me such a good loss.... Either way I'm happy!

As for the holiday it was really nice. Barcelona is such a nice city! We saw all the main monuments (La Cathedral, La Sagrada de Familia) spent some time in all the main areas (Barri Gothique, La Rambla, Barceloneta etc) went to the beach, walked up to see the castle, the Olympic stadium etc etc. The weather was nice, a little chilly from the sea breeze but sunny non the less.

I was really happy to be home though to see my OH :love: Also I found spending time with my colleague a little tedious near the end! She is really lovely but apart from work we don't have all that much in common. There is also a big age gap (she's in her 60s) which doesn't bother me but it would have been nice to stay out a little longer (we were back in the hotel by 9pm every night!) and considering the hotel was very basic I was sooo bored (I really can't sl!eep that early!) Anyway, I'm just being horrible now:eek:! We did have a lovely time really.

I'm going to have a green day today (didn't have any last week) and I'm going to put the superfree tips to practise!

Spent this morning cleaning. I fell in love with my OH for many reasons but his housekeeping skills were definitely not one of them! Start work at 2pm so will have lunch before I leave and might put a bean casserole in the slow cooker before I leave for this evening!

x

HEY! Welcome back and well done!!!! That's so brilliant Sophie! I told you that walking would be your saviour! I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself, I know what you mean about travelling with a colleague rather than a friend or your hubby, you don't necessarily want the same things out of said trip, but it looks as though she has done you a favour, if you had have gone out, you may have indulged in booze and possibly naughty late night snacking!

Well done!

That's so awesome that you lost 1kg :D amazing! Sounds like you had a good balance going on! I'm so chuffed for you :D sounds like you enjoyed the trip without making sacrifices too, lovely! Shame about your colleague not being the best travel partner, I had that with a colleague recently... She's only 40 but she really dampened my touristy day trip while in Dubai a few times ago. Ah well!
Man, I want to go to Barcelona and eat Enchiladas now! I LOVE that sort of thing! Nom! x

Thanks ladies!! I really am happy!

Had quite a good green day today:

Breakfast: FF fromage blanc with 1tsp honey & loads of cinnamon
Snack: Orange + bite of a home made chocolate muffin a colleague made (couldn't not taste it, would have drawn too much attention so literally had a small bite in front of everyone. Probs only a few syns)
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and 30g cheese (HEA) with a big salad
'Snack': WM muffin (HEB) with beans (not sure if this counts as a snack but I was so so hungry at work doing the 2pm - 10pm shift I just had to have something substantial!)
Dinner: 3 bean casserole (kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, red onion, chilli pepper, red pepper, tinned tomatoes, garlic, basil & herbs & spices) served with steamed courgettes

I'm happy to be in the 17 stone category now :) I really hope I can keep this up!

I can't believe how much better I feel. I have so much energy which really showed in Barcelona. I barely struggled even when going up steep hills. I can't wait to see some more of this weight come off and, even now, I rest amazed at how enjoyable SW is!

Sorry, rant over! Hope you've all had a lovely day xx

Thanks, Patty!

Work was fine today. However, I've been in my current job for 21 months now and it's starting to become a bit too routine. I decided that it's a good thing that it's quite steady as it means I have more breathing space and can concentrate on me, my health and my well-being. My life has been a very very rocky journey, until present, which I think explains (a little) why I have let my eating habits get the better of me for so long. My parents got divorced when I was 13, just after my Dad had had 2 strokes and lost mobility in his left hand side. As of the age of 13 I was my Dad's carer, ran the house (cooking & cleaning for my Dad and brother) and also got a part-time job to contribute to the bills. Since this age it's been one thing after another, always struggling, always having some problem or another that is more important than my health. Right now though, I'm happily married and have a good job - the perfect opportunity to work on myself! The only thing that is bothering me is that I am at a point in my job where I am no longer challenged and it's actually quite hard to cope with! I don't want to leave my job because I love the organisation I work for, I love the ethics of our mission and I love the amazing people I work with but, in my current post, I can't see a future. I also think that part of me is so used to the eternal struggle and stress that I'm getting bored (not that I'm hoping for something bad to happen - please, no!) and so need to shake things up a bit.

Gaaah! I have no idea where all that came from! Anyway, I think I need to work on initiating a new project that I could do to keep me interested in my job without adding pressure/taking all of my attention away from me. Or I need to think of another challenge/hobby I could pick up to challenge me but on a personal development level rather than a professional domain, such as learning another language or something....

Bref, back to SW! Had some bean casserole left over from yesterday so decided to do another green day:

Breakfast: toasted wm muffin (HEB) with 2 dry-fried eggs & beans
Snack: kiwi
Lunch: Bean casserole with courgettes & fruit salad
Snack: glass of wine & 3 olives (7syns ish)
Dinner: Jacket potato with beans, 30g cheese (HEA) and a big side salad followed by natural yoghurt with cinnamon and a tsp honey (1 syn)

All in all not a bad day (despite the cheeky mid-week drink!)

x

Hey, popping in to say I relate to the being unchallenged in a work context, I'm not really anymore and definitely leads to frustration. Think doing something else for you sounds fab, wish I could afford to do something for me, not a language not good at that but would love to study :)

Welcome, Belletabbycat! It's frustrating - right??

Perhaps there is something you could do cheaply/for free. I know for languages there are loads of free resources (some better than others), perhaps you could find something like that related to something you'd like to do? What is it you'd like to study?

I'm going to look at taking Spanish lessons as we have a partnership with Spanish cultural centre and get 1/2 price lessons (it would be silly not to take advantage!)

Had a great food day. The Sun was shining today in Paris so we ended up having a picnic on the esplanade in font of the office, it was lovely!

Red Day:

Breakfast: 2xeggs + 1xwm muffin
Lunch: Tuna salad (rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & balsamic vinegar) followed by fruit salad (strawberry, raspberry & mango)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: SW chicken 'pizza' (cheese = HEAx2) with broccoli & courgette

I'm in the middle of making the chicken pizza. I saw the recipe in the last magazine and it looks gorgeous! So far so good! The smell is making me sooo hungry!

x

Last edited:
SW chicken pizza!

Popping in to subscribe, you've done fabulously well so far and I look forward to following your journey xxx

Back