Secret Slimming in Paris

Hey ladies!

It does feel fantastic! Here is a pic of me in my RI jeans. They are still a bit tight, I reckon they'll be much more comfortable in a few kilos time! (As you can see, my arms aren't getting any skinnier yet!)

Here is me in my linen trousers:

Patty, the cupboards thing is working out really well for me!

I am very pleased with my food day today. I think my reason for feeling snacky lately is I have accidentally cut down on superfree. Today I made an effort when preparing meals to use lots of superfree and I've barely had to snack!

Breakfast: Raspberries & mango
Lunch: Immense Surf & Turf salad:
Snack: Baby carrots with ff yoghurt & chive dip
Dinner: chilli with carrot chips (1tbsp olive oil = HEB) + 30g cheese (HEA)

Haven't eaten dinner yet...the chips are cooking in the actifry as we speak - I hope they're nice! Thanks to Patty for the inspiration!

I have really enjoyed food today and am really looking forward to my dinner! Feeling much more positive now.

Hope everyone has had a nice day! x

Attachments

• Lunch.jpg
    Lunch.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Wow the jeans look ace and look at all that room in your linens! Fab!

It did take me a few looks to work out the butterflies were on the mirror not on every item of clothing!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Sophie,

Finally caught up on your diary! Well done on the fabby loss this week! I'm terrible at converting kilos to stone so didn't realise before that we have a similar amount left to lose. Definitely seems more daunting when you look at the big picture doesn't it? Can see why the kilos makes it easier to deal with, I try to just concentrate on getting my next award or getting into the stone below, mini goals all the way!

Well done on getting into the 'obese' category too! I'm 3lbs away and honestly can't wait to say farewell to that horrible 'morbidly' bit for good!

Yey for the RI jeans! Feels amazing getting into smaller clothes, for all we focus on numbers how we look and feel in our clothes has much more of a real impact on day to day life. I saw you mention how you find accepting compliments on your weight loss tough. I'm exactly the same! I just say thanks and then tell them how I've got such a long way to go, feels so awkward!

Don't worry too much about snacking on the chicken and yoghurts. It's not like you go overboard, and at the end of the day I'm sure its much better for you than the way you were eating pre-sw.

Have a good week hun, has all that smog cleared up yet? xx

P.s just saw the linen trousers pic, wow! Go Sophie! xx

It did take me a few looks to work out the butterflies were on the mirror not on every item of clothing!

Hahahahhahaha! That would have made for a very interesting wardrobe!!

Yes, the mirror was a birthday present back when I was young free and single so it is a bit girly!!

Thanks for the compliment *blushes furiously!* x

Wow the pics are brilliant!! Absolutely amazing about the linen pants, just wow!! You're doing so well :D

Your food sounds really nice and I love the idea of the different day cupboards :D Wish I could hide all my Mum's stuff ;) x

Thaaaaaanks :eek: I'm trying :D

The cupboards are really good! I've also started hiding 'naughty stuff' at the bottom of the fridge in the veg box (i.e. cheese) That way I'm less tempted to snack on it and only rake it out if it's properly worked into a meal! I have all the 'healthy' stuff at eye level (i.e. baby carrots & cherry tomatoes)

I find it really helps! Perhaps you could hide your Mum's stuff on another shelf?

x

Hey Sophie,

Finally caught up on your diary! Well done on the fabby loss this week! I'm terrible at converting kilos to stone so didn't realise before that we have a similar amount left to lose. Definitely seems more daunting when you look at the big picture doesn't it? Can see why the kilos makes it easier to deal with, I try to just concentrate on getting my next award or getting into the stone below, mini goals all the way!

Well done on getting into the 'obese' category too! I'm 3lbs away and honestly can't wait to say farewell to that horrible 'morbidly' bit for good!

Yey for the RI jeans! Feels amazing getting into smaller clothes, for all we focus on numbers how we look and feel in our clothes has much more of a real impact on day to day life. I saw you mention how you find accepting compliments on your weight loss tough. I'm exactly the same! I just say thanks and then tell them how I've got such a long way to go, feels so awkward!

Don't worry too much about snacking on the chicken and yoghurts. It's not like you go overboard, and at the end of the day I'm sure its much better for you than the way you were eating pre-sw.

Have a good week hun, has all that smog cleared up yet? xx

P.s just saw the linen trousers pic, wow! Go Sophie! xx

Hi Bev! I'm always reading your diary! Just shy about posting as you have so many mini friends hehe.

Smaller goals are definitely better (when I think I have another 6 stones to lose I feel like crying hahaha). I still have my old 'mechanical' scales too and it's nice seeing the dial go down. Much more satisfying than the digital ones! Before the dial used to do a whole lap and some (I weighed 125kg and the scales stopped at 120kg - eeeek!).

Eugh the 'morbidly' part is horrid!

Hmmmm, I definitely did go overboard on the chicken (maybe 5 chicken drumsticks!!!!) and I feel like it could be a slippery slope if I don't reign myself in regularly!

I feel a whole lot better about today's food. Much more superfree and fewer snacks throughout the day.

I have also discovered caramel tea - YUUUM!!!

Yeah, the pollution seems to have cleared off. Apparently it was quite bad over most of Europe... Nice to be able to see the Eiffel tower from our window again though!

x

Just got paranoid and deleted the pics!

Sorry to those of you who didn't catch them!

I did that last week too! I don't like the idea of someone spotting me that I know in real life!

I did that last week too! I don't like the idea of someone spotting me that I know in real life!

Definitely! I do feel a little bit safer being in Paris but I have spotted a few peoples diaries on here who come from towns very close to my home town!!

I imagine it must be difficult as well for you...you never know, someone on here might be your patient one day!x

Ooh you've changed your name too lol.

Exactly right, although due to my work would be more embarrassing for them haha!

New name to go with your new figure! I did catch a glimpse of the photos last night - wow; all that room in the linens and the RI jeans are great. Well done!

I'm a (fairly) recent convert to herbal teas. I don't like fruit ones, apart from lemon, but I've got loads of spicy ones. New ones I just tried are Salted caramel green tea (the jury's out on this still), Gingerbread green tea (lovely) and Caramelised apple green tea which I didn't think I'd like but is surprisingly nice. My favourites at the moment are Buttermint Sensation (like drinking Murray Mints!) and Peppermint and Licorice. If I've got a cold I find Lemon and Ginger comforting.

I don't worry about people spotting me from here, they're here for the same reason!

Ah but I think as a maintainer it would be less embarrassing... In fact having maintainer status is something to be proud of rather than something to hide. Although, that said, I'm not sure I ever want people to know how heavy I once was! x

New name to go with your new figure! I did catch a glimpse of the photos last night - wow; all that room in the linens and the RI jeans are great. Well done!

I'm a (fairly) recent convert to herbal teas. I don't like fruit ones, apart from lemon, but I've got loads of spicy ones. New ones I just tried are Salted caramel green tea (the jury's out on this still), Gingerbread green tea (lovely) and Caramelised apple green tea which I didn't think I'd like but is surprisingly nice. My favourites at the moment are Buttermint Sensation (like drinking Murray Mints!) and Peppermint and Licorice. If I've got a cold I find Lemon and Ginger comforting.

Thanks, Patty!

Yeah, I am really enjoying the caramel tea at the moment. I also bought some intense mint green tea which was nice...but very very minty! I do like them when they have a strongish flavour though. I'm not a fan of the fruit ones either, they always smell so much nicer than they taste!x

So, I've just been to meet up with my old flat mate.

Every time I see her it makes me feel so rubbish! It's my fault really, as I can't help but compare myself to her, but she seems so sorted! She is a year older than me, has a 2 year old son (who is gorgeous!), another one on the way. Her and her partner have just bought a car and are looking to buy a house.

I am just so messed up because part of me really wants a baby so bad, but another part of me thinks 'you are 23, slow down and enjoy life!'. We are totally not prepared to have a baby either, our house isn't big enough! But then I think if we did get pregnant we would find somewhere bigger...

Pfffft. I know you are all going to tell me I'm far too young, which is what everyone tells me! But sometimes I want it so bad it hurts! F and I haven't been necessarily trying but we aren't always careful and there is nothing - zilch. This is one of my major motivations to lose weight. I'm too scared to go to the docs because I know he'll tell me what I already know: I need to lose weight.

So here I am, losing weight. Then part of me thinks so what, I'm going to get to target then get pregnant straight away and put all the weight back on again? I know you don't necessarily have to pile on the pounds when pregnant but realistically my body will be changing...

Also I worry that I would be putting a standstill to my career by having a baby now. But is it really better leaving it till later? Is Paris the best place to have kids? Would we both find interesting jobs in the countryside? Do we want to move away from Paris?

So many questions! Perhaps that goes to show how unready we are...

F really wants us to have a little one too. So it's not just me!

I guess my first step is to get to target then let future Sophie and future F make the decision ;) If there is a decision to make, that is! Perhaps we can't even have kids....

Gah! Anyway, all that to say that I'm feeling down...which is strange as we had such a lovely morning!

I am now going to dive into a big bowl of strawberries and watch some friends in an attempt to drown my woes!x

Ah but I think as a maintainer it would be less embarrassing... In fact having maintainer status is something to be proud of rather than something to hide. Although, that said, I'm not sure I ever want people to know how heavy I once was! x

I never thought of it like that, I see your point;)

I remember when I started to want children & thought of all the reasons we couldn't, my friend said, if you wait until the time is right you'll be waiting a long time as it's never the right time! I had Nathan at 24 & Lydia when I was 26, and now they've both left home & it's just me & Bob partying on!!!!! When I look back I'm so glad we had them when we did as we are both young enough to have fun, we have friends who will still have children at home when they are 60:eek:

At your age I was desperate for a baby, but had to wait a bit longer for various reasons. DD (one and only) is now your age and she and her partner are now desperate but the situation isn't right for them at the moment. Mind you, as Michelle has said, there is never a right time for a baby, but it does help if you have a bit of money and a roof over your head etc! Talking of which, I don't think you need to worry about bringing up a family in Paris as I assume millions do so successfully.

In the meantime, you are doing the right thing by tackling your weight - you know that will help conception and make it easier to be an active mother. And although you put on weight in pregnancy and your shape (obviously) changes, it needn't be an excuse to eat madly. I was very careful to watch what I ate, spent a week in hospital after DD was born and came out the same weight (but not shape!) as before I conceived (which was a bit more than I weigh now, so slightly overweight). Sorry - end of lecture!

I had my son when I was 22... and had lots of "not being careful" prior to that so don't worry. If you're not actively trying you're probably just missing your fertile time :)

I'm now at the other end of the spectrum at 31, married (split with son's dad when he was 18 months) and considering starting trying in a few months and wondering if it all still works haha!

There is no right or wrong time. Weight wise i'd recommend getting it down first I was obese in pregnancy and had a few health issues and although I've been slim in between now obese again and wanting to get at least into the overweight category first because it will be better for me. Realistically yes you'll gain weight in pregnancy but if you're already in healthy habits there's no need for it to be excessive and undo all the hard work.

I think your plan sounds good see how you feel when the time is a little more right :) xx

Thank you thank you thank you for being so supportive!

I was so reluctant to write about any of that on here as when I talk to family or friends they just say 'you're too young' and that's the end of the conversation!

So nice to know I'm not a freak for wanting a baby and that what I'm feeling is acceptable :D

You are all completely right though, I need to concentrate on getting this weight off first, so that my body is healthy and I can be an active Mum!

Happy Holidays, that would definitely be an advantage! Being able to have your life 'back' again while you're still young enough to live it!

Patty, I know what you mean, lots of people do bring up families in Paris. The thing is there is no way we could ever get on the property ladder in Paris, not in our current jobs anyway...We'd have to rob a bank! The average cost of a 2 bed flat where we live is 250,000... I sometimes wonder if it would be better to be away from the city and get on the property ladder.

Also, well done for being the same weight at the end of pregnancy! The friend I saw today put on 25 kilos last time...that's almost 4 stones!! She managed to lost it in 18 months with WW and now has the second on the way hehe!

Mrs Ginger, 31 isn't old!! There are so many women 30+ from my work who are all pregnant at the moment! The oldest is 45! To be fair she has had to go on sick leave but the others are all nice and healthy! I'm sure it all still works ;) x

Back