Secret Slimming in Paris

Red day:

Breakfast: banana
Snack: Strawberries
Lunch: char-grilled chicken salad
Snack: bite of Fabien's subway sandwich (5 syns?)
Dinner: SW BBQ pulled pork with broccoli followed by kiwis

(Did the pork in the slow cooker and it has turned out so so so much nicer than it did last time!)

x

Oh chat away - sometimes it's easier to tell strangers things than it is close family! It's a way of getting totally unbiased views and because none of us have known you as any thing other than an adult we're unlikely to talk about you being too young although in fairness to your friends, I'd probably tell DD that she's still young which is a slightly different way of putting it!

I understand about getting on the property ladder. You're probably paying more in rent than you'd pay for a mortgage and trying to save for a deposit at the same time etc. etc. DD is in the same boat - she's still a student (PhD) but fortunately has a full bursary and her partner is in his second year of work as a teacher and to get the sort of job she'd really like she would really need to be in London, so things aren't looking too good on the housing front!

Mrs Ginger - I was 32, nearly 33 when I had DD so I don't think you need to worry about things still working!!

Thanks Patty :) My hubby has never tried for a baby so we don't know what his fertility is like but we are hopeful. Not trying just yet though xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello!

I've had a bit of a graze-y day today!

Red Day

Breakfast: 30g Porridge (HEB) and 160ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEA1) with chopped banana & berries
Snack: lots of crab sticks & lean cooked beef
Lunch: bowl of left over chilli
Snack: boiled egg
Dinner out: Starter - poached egg & ham salad (asked for dressing on the side and didn't need it at all)
Main - salmon marinated in soy sauce with steamed veg (mangetout, carrots & bean sprouts)
Drinks - glass of champagne (6 syns) sparkling water & black coffee

So, pretty all over the place!

I'm going out for dinner tonight for a friend's birthday. Can't really afford to (SW wise & money wise) but I can't not go!

I sneakily hopped on the scales yesterday morning and am not holding my breath for a loss this week! 0.5 kg would be great as I'd get my 2 1/2 stone award but after dinner tonight it's quite unlikely! Must be a 'balancing out' week. I'm not phased, I know I'll have a loss next week even if I don't have one this week!

I'll update later with my dinner choice (I'm thinking fish of some sort)

Good evening to one and all! x

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Just caught up with the last few days. Don't be shy about posting in my diary hun, the more the merrier and its always lovely to hear from you! :) Glad the pollution is a lot better now, sounded quite scary with the health warnings and stuff. Lucky you with your Eiffel tower view back. I WISH it was smoggy at my work to hide the scruffy looking tower block over the road! ;)

Can completely understand where you're coming from with the pregnancy stuff. You might be only 23 but you seem really settled with your partner and if that's what you really want then go for it. It's your decision to make at the end of the day, so don't be put off by the 'too early' comments, it's not like you're 16 or something and unable to support yourself and the baby. I agree though that waiting until you're a healthy weight before getting pregnant is probably the best way to go, much lower risks for you and baby.

I'm sooo broody at the moment and when I see my friends having babies I feel kinda jealous, of course I'm happy for them but I want that soo much it hurts sometimes! I'm 28 atm and if it wasn't for the fact I'm in the middle of a career change (to be a sonographer ironically! :D) I'd love to get pregnant. It sometimes seems a lifetime away thinking I'll be 31/32 before I can try for a baby (when my training is over), but then I look at the bigger picture and think we'll be married, have bought our own place and I'll finally be doing a job I love. So for me its the right decision to wait, but it still hasn't stopped me wanting a baby like mad. I've looked into it and fertility is only slightly lower before 35 than in the late 20's anyway, plus I'll be a healthy weight by then, so it makes sense all around to wait, but just tell that to my inner broody mama! :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for going on. I just know what that broody feeling is like!

As for the anonymity thing, I guess I don't really care if anyone from my real life finds my diary. They'd have seen me so known how fat I was before, and if anyone judges me for that then screw them really. I'm trying to change my life for the better so I think anyone who tries to knock that says more about themselves than it does about me. I completely get why people would want to stay anonymous though, I did too when I started!

Hope you have a good time tonight. I hate it when you feel obligated to go to things and you don't really feel like it. Sometimes it turns into a really good night though! x

Just got in and am so tired!

Had such a good night! Lots of giggles and banter!

The restaurant we went to was very nice...but paid 40€ for 2 courses, water & a coffee and am still kind of hungry! Not the kind of place where you come out stuffed!

Proud of my choices though, all free or superfree and on-plan with my Red day. Probs some syns hidden in there somewhere but the portions were so small and I haven't used any throughout the day so I'm not sweating it! I was the only one out of the 8 of us to not get a dessert and didn't even feel deprived! I'm getting used to it I think. So yeah, the only knowingly naughty thing I had was 1 glass of champagne but it was so yummy it was def worth it!

Just had a green tea to settle my stomach (feel a bit bloaty) and now I'm off to bed!

Bev hunny, thanks for the lovely message! I'll reply properly tomorrow - you know how it is!

x

Hello ladies!

Having a risky green day today, despite it being WI tomorrow. I'm not very hopeful for a loss after my sneaky peek the other day and I'm craving green! I'd rather listen to what my body wants and have a green day than push myself through a red day and end up being naughty!

Just had the most amazing lunch!

Breakfast: chopped up kiwi & banana and a green tea
Lunch: lots of salad with 3 SW lentil "cakes" (green lentils, mushrooms, red onion, garlic, HEA1 cheese, herbs & eggs - oven baked in heart shaped moulds) & cheesy smash (smash, red onion, sweetcorn, s&p, herbs & HEA2 cheese)
Snack: raspberries with FF fromage blanc & a green tea
Dinner: some actifried potatoes (oil=HEB1) a banana & passion fruit

So nice and filling!! Hoping that the lentils may summon the PF before tomorrow WI!

x

Last edited:
I love "baked in heart shaped moulds" lol!

Good luck for weigh in i'm sure you'll get a loss even if it's not as big as those you've been getting recently, but I hope it is xx

I felt it was a very important piece of dietary information ;) x

Hello lovely ladies!

Just had weigh in...only 0.5 kg off but I'm not sweating it! It's still a pound which means I get my 2.5 stone award :D and it takes me out of the 39 BMI range - phewsh!!

Not letting this psych me out, as I've been able to sneak at the scales a couple of times I know it's not because I've been naughty. The whole week has been a slow loss which I think is totally normal. This is my 11th WI, I've almost been doing it for 3 months, I can't expect an amazing loss every week.

I'm staying firmly seated on the bandwagon and know I'll see a bigger loss next week! I might have a few more bean-y green days this week too. I've developed a real taste for lentils! Green days don't have to be all about pasta ;)

Have a nice day everyone x

A pound is a pound and they all add up; there are many times when I would have been grateful for that loss!

It sounds as though you had a good weekend. It's funny how the events you're not particularly looking forward to often turn out to be really good times! Perhaps we go with lower expectations and so are easily pleased? But well done on keeping it SW friendly! It must have made a good time into a fantastic time!

(I love the idea of heart-shaped moulds!)

Thanks ladies!

Crazily enough I really do (for once) feel OK about it! I also looked at a 1lb comparison pic which is always an eye opener!*

Having a green day today - so filling!

Breakfast: wasn't hungry but had lunch at 12 on the dot!

Lunch: Bean casserole with 30g cheese (HEA) (made it in the slow cooker overnight, so yummy!) - lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, sweetcorn, sprinkling of pearl barley, lots of carrots, courgettes, onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes, few chunks of potatoes & a stock cube

Snack: Mini couscous cake (I know it's naughty but it was a really small one!) with 3 tsp honey (3syns)

Dinner: more bean casserole some actifried plantain & broccoli

x

Last edited:
Hey love! Only just clocked on to your username change lol! I am totally paranoid about people finding me on here too, but I am mainly just careful with linking stuff that might come up when my name/email/fb etc is googled.

Re: wanting a baby- I absolutely love kids and have always had babies around me through my teens... I cant wait to be a mum one day but definitely not yet! Babies are such a conmitment... And so expensive! Get all of your traveling, parties and social stuff out of the way first as all time and money goes into the kids. My mum always said to me to be wary of having kids young as it is a life change that will consume the rest of your youth :eek: I was an accident when she was 26, she always loved me to bits but my rocky childhood was because she wasnt emotionally/mentally mature enough to handle the stress of it! I think I'll want kids in my early 30's, definitely want to explore the world and get money coming in first! Oh, and sort myself out generally!
I can imagine it is frustrating to see your friend so 'sorted' but I bet she is somewhat envious of your freedom too ;) she has 18 years of motherhood ahead before she will get that freedom back, and by then all her friends will have younger kids and not want to go out and party haha! I def want to have kids later on when my friends do too so we can have play dates and b*tch about how hard kids are lol! X

Thanks Mrs Ginger!

Tetris, I know it sounds silly but I read everything you are saying and recognise and agree that it's totally logical but my heart just won't listen to logic haha. Anyway, it won't be just yet, I would like to get down to a healthy BMI first so maybe next year...or the year after...or the year after that... what ever happens I will get there!!

My post WI positivity has slumped. Got on the scales this morning and they were saying 110kg!!! What is going on? I know I'm torturing myself by weighing every day and shouldn't take it to heart...but that's crazy!

I'm thinking about making a weekly meal plan. I think it could help me to be more organised but I'm scared it'll stifle my culinary creativity...or the lack of spontaneity will be booooring. I'll work on it this afternoon and see how I feel. Could always do a trial week, I suppose.

Having a red day today, hopefully will be good!

Breakfast: banana
Lunch: steamed salmon with spinach & cabbage followed by 2 tangerines
Snack: yoghurt
Dinner: Double bacon cheeseburger (30g cheese = HEA) in 1 wm roll (HEB) with carrot 'chips', salad & SW BBQ sauce
Snack:strawberries & kiwis

x

What were you before the 110kg sneaky weigh in? Sorry can't see your stats. I can't even say don't weigh yourself as I'm the guiltiest in the world for hopping off and on! Don't be disheartened though it's natural to fluctuates. You're sticking to your plan so well and it's coming off really well so don't worry x x

What were you before the 110kg sneaky weigh in? Sorry can't see your stats. I can't even say don't weigh yourself as I'm the guiltiest in the world for hopping off and on! Don't be disheartened though it's natural to fluctuates. You're sticking to your plan so well and it's coming off really well so don't worry x x

109...just hopped on now and it's up to 113!! That is after dinner though...but still :eek:

I had a really good food day, too!

I have been pushing myself to drink more, so I reckon those 3kgs since this morning are explainable...

Gaaah! I hope it goes down again tomorrow!x

Back