Secret Slimming in Paris

Well, it's still over a stone away.... I'll be happy to get my 3 stone award first! A pound at a time, ey ;) xx

Oh that's right - 7kg sounds so close!! You are not far tho hun - you are closer to it than me!!!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey. Xxx

Had a good food day today, I think. The times of meals always go to whack when I'm on a late shift though and I always feel like I'm being naughtier than on a normal day!

Red day:

Breakfast: boiled eggs & 2 wmb (HEB) - eggs were almost perfectly done, but could have done being a tiny bit runnier...I'll get there!
Lunch: ham salad followed by fruit salad (kiwi; mango & raspberries)
Dinner: Beef casserole, cauliflower mash & broccoli

I had no cooking to do tonight which was a relief! I finish at 9pm on a Tuesday and I find cooking loses it's pleasure so late! I'd made the casserole in the slow cooker overnight Saturday & was meant to eat it Sunday but wasn't hungry in the end and the cauli mash & broccoli were left over from Saturday evening. WIN!

x

Thanks Patty! It definitely is way better than ready meals! To be honest I've never been a fan of ready meals!

Red day

Breakfast: chopped banana & raspberries with FFNY
Lunch: ham salad & fruit salad
Snack: gherkins & 2 slices dried lean meat
Dinner: wm roll (HEB) bacon & egg burger served with SW BBQ sauce & cabbage (strange combo but really fancied some cabbage!)

*week seems to have come round again very fast! Feeling very tired this evening. Going to go to bed early so I'm fresh for the apartment viewing tomorrow!

x

Bacon and egg with cabbage?! Actually, I should think it was rather nice.

Mmmmm, not wanting to sound critical but are you missing a few things from your food diary? It's just that you don't seem to be using a HExA. In fact, on a green or red day you can have two of each type of HExs which is why many people like them more than EE. I wouldn't want you to be depriving yourself!

Hope *week's not too ghastly and hope the viewing goes well.

Hi Patty, well the bacon & egg was actually in the burger... so it went 1/2 the toasted wm roll, slice of bacon, burger, 'fried' egg, & slice of bacon 1/2 toasted wm roll. It was lovely!

never apologise for helping!!

I know you can have 2 HEs and I do use them, when I feel I need them, but some days, like today, I can easily do without and would have to force myself to have something!

I tend to go for cheese as HEA and we don't have any in at the moment and I'm really not a fan of milk as a drink.

As for the other HEB I try and limit the bread I eat to just one portion a day. Sometimes I use the other part of it on olive oil but I didn't need to use any today...

I know it's a bit naughty and not technically following the plan, but I'm so happy with my food, really don't feel deprived and I'm still getting losses so I think why not!

Thank you for noticing though, Patty :) x

Ahhh I see!

Just had a quick look and my FFNY (fat free natural yoghurt) is actually higher in calcium than the milk we have in our fridge.

I will bear it in mind though, you are very right, calcium is so important!

My Auntie suffers from brittle bones due to her OTT severe diet (she was very obese when she was little) and broke her spine after a minor fall last year. She's only in her 40s!

Def don't want that to happen!

Might go and have another yoghurt now.....

x

I'm so so hungry today! Blasted *week!

Red day;
Breakfast: banana & raspberry with FFNY
Snack: kiwi & banana
Lunch: salmon & cabbage
Snack: 2 FF yoghurts & a banana & 30g cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken drumsticks & cauliflower mash

I'm still really hungry! There will be loads more snacking this evening!

We went to visit the apartment. It was really lovely, has a south facing balcony & is really nicely decorated. There were 3 other people visiting while we were there and the landlady said she has more people coming... We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!

Apparently she'll get back to us by the end of next week with a definitive answer, so we'll see!

x

Yes! There is a serious lack of housing! Sometimes you turn up for a viewing with another 50 odd people! So discouraging!

Aww wow, balcony sounds amazing. I just hope you get it, must be so annoying having to compete for the apartment with so many others! Grr!

Its so weird how * week affects us all so differently food wise. I have to seriously force myself to eat the first couple of days as I'm in so much pain, but then I notice on here that most people tend to get extra hungry. I read that we burn up to 25% more energy during * week though so don't feel bad about the extra snackage! xxx

Fingers crossed for the apartment but it must be horrid seeing the competitors.

I hope oped you remembered your HExs?! I think I would have fancied some cheese and biscuits using some Ryvitas or perhaps cheese on toast. And then I would turn my attention to Synned things! Hope you found something satisfying.

Good luck with the apartment. Sounds like an absolute nightmare :confused: It's bad enough in this country competing with a few people for a property! My Sister and her boy got bored looking at houses after about 5 LOL!

I don't remember what I was like during * week. I haven't had proper periods for a very long time because of having the injection or trying the pill. I have horrendously heavy periods (my Sister too!) and can't leave the house. They lasted a good 7-10days too. Vile!! So, stopped them ;) I'd be more than happy to have it all whipped out :p
BUT I did suffer from horrific cravings during last year when I was first getting sick. Absolutely uncontrollable! So you have my sympathy on the snackage :) xx

Thanks! Will reply more thoroughly later as I'm on my mobile and will Forget half of the things I wanted to say!

I'm never hungry pre *week, which thinking about it is probs why I didn't have dinner on Sunday and felt so full all day Tuesday, but when it kicks in I could eat a horse!

Patty, I managed to not need a snack in the end. It would literally have been out of greed as I had already eaten half a head of cauliflower and 3 chicken drumsticks!

Cheeky, yeah i'm always jealous of people house hunting in the UK. Particularly when they are going to be able to buy a house for half the price of what you'd pay for a studio in Paris! My brother bought a 4 bed (admittedly it's as rural as you can get) for like 90,000. You couldn't get a studio in Paris for under 160,000. We really should move...!

Swapped shifts with a colleague so I'm on 9 - 5 rather than 11-7 which means I can go to the supermarket when I get home. Our fridge is looking very bare for the first time since January! Trying to save as much money as possible in case we get this appartment! And if we don't we'll put it in the holiday fund!

Breakfast: wm roll (HEB) bacon & egg
Lunch: chicken salad & fruit salad
Snack: dairylea triangle (HEA) & cucumber rolled in ham
Dinner: Ratatouille & chicken breast followed by ff yoghurt

I'm not feeling very inspired for dinner...i'm sure I'll find something in the supermarket!

X

Last edited:
Yay for an earlier finish :) fingers crossed for the apartment. Hope you find something yum for dinner whilst you're shopping xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yey for the early finish, hope you find something yummy to have for tea! :) xxx

Ended up making ratatouille! Quick, easy, tasty & superfree - yey!
Def need to make a food plan for next week, really struggle without one!x

I'm the same, I need to know what I'm having in advance. As I type this I'm making Chris decide what he wants for tea this weekend so I can decide whether I'm having red/green/ee days! Lol, must be such a nightmare going out with a slimming worlder, he hates planning! :D

Back