Secret Slimming in Paris

Eeeeek! It also means I'm in the 15 stones (once again, by the skin of my teeth) and I'm skinnier than I've ever been in my adult life!

Last time I did SW I got to 103kg and stopped.

Nice to know that now I'm no longer pushing to re-lose weight but I'm making a real dent!

Here's hoping I can be in the 14s for my away days!!

xxx

Sorry, I'll stop now!x

I can't believe it either, Michelle!!

I've was on and off the scales 10 times before I believed my eyes!

Thanks for the support! I really don't thin i'd have lost anything without minimins!

I'm a very smiley Sophie today!x

The grass definitely is greener on the other side! I can't believe you're going on holiday so soon! You must be so excited! I know you're going to smash your target of 6 stone less luggage! Have you done your summery Primark shop yet?

Yep, the tourists do get a bit annoying, mainly because where there are tourists there are pickpockets so you have to be extra careful with your bag in tourist season. But hey, I love being a tourist in other places so I can't complain!

At least we're getting fitter! A few months from now and we'll be running 5k easy peasy! At the moment my OH is a bit like Chris, he hasn't actually said that he doesn't think I can do it, but I can tell he thinks it's another one of my fads. I'll show him! I think it'll be so nice to be able to run! I've worked out that if I follow the programme then I should be done in time for my work away days in July. We normally do lots of physical activities so it would be great to be able to participate fully this year!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you! Damn *week! At least it'll be over and done with before your hols though!

I'll be keeping an eye on minis to find out how you've done!

xx

Hey Sophie !! :talk017::talk017: Whoop whoop ! So so happy for you ! :bliss: That's an amazing loss hun !! Well done on all your hard work on the challenge, I'm glad its paid off for you beautifully ! So many achivements in one go...half century, 3kg, 3.5 stone award, bet your dancing around your room now !! :D

My only question is I will posting the results on the spreadsheet in lbs, my maths is weak lol, how much is 3kg in lbs ? :p

Kay xx

Hey Sophie !! :talk017::talk017: Whoop whoop ! So so happy for you ! :bliss: That's an amazing loss hun !! Well done on all your hard work on the challenge, I'm glad its paid off for you beautifully ! So many achivements in one go...half century, 3kg, 3.5 stone award, bet your dancing around your room now !! :D

My only question is I will posting the results on the spreadsheet in lbs, my maths is weak lol, how much is 3kg in lbs ? :p

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! I really am!

It's just over 6.5lbs :eek:

Craaaazy! I know! I haven't lost that much in one week since my first week at SW in 2008!!!

x

Thanks Kay! I really am!

It's just over 6.5lbs :eek:

Craaaazy! I know! I haven't lost that much in one week since my first week at SW in 2008!!!

x

I got google to calculate it, it's 6.6 lbs :D, I'm so happy for you. I think your body has reacted well to the increase in water and the low carbs along with all the exercise your doing, it's a sure win combination that will work for you in the future too, anytime you want to kick start those losses ! I'm so happy for you hun ! :p I will update your results now on the spreadsheet on the challenge thread . :D

Kay xx

I got google to calculate it, it's 6.6 lbs :D, I'm so happy for you. I think your body has reacted well to the increase in water and the low carbs along with all the exercise your doing, it's a sure win combination that will work for you in the future too, anytime you want to kick start those losses ! I'm so happy for you hun ! :p I will update your results now on the spreadsheet on the challenge thread . :D

Kay xx

Thanks hun!! It's all thanks to your fab challenge! Couldn't do it every week but it is definitely definitely worthwhile!!

Thanks for all your help this past week!

Hope you smash the salad challenge and get your 4.5 award soon :) xx

Thanks, Mrs G!!x

Thanks hun!! It's all thanks to your fab challenge! Couldn't do it every week but it is definitely definitely worthwhile!!

Thanks for all your help this past week!

Hope you smash the salad challenge and get your 4.5 award soon :) xx

Aww thanks Sophie :), I just put up some guidelines to help others, but its your hard work on the challenge that got you your results ! Your amazing !! :D

Kay xx

Wow wow wow ,
Amazing result there Sophie :)
Blooming brilliant xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, Von!xx

OMGGGG!!!!! You're frikkin' AMAZING!!! Way to go Sophie! You're dropping those pounds like lightening lady, the soup challenge and all that running definitely agrees with you.

6.5lbs in a WEEK!! That's like a pound a day almost, bloody hell! Please can I have your metabolism missis? You'll be at target in no time at this rate! I'm so pleased for you :)You sound soooo happy and on cloud 9 today, it's amazing how as we drop the pounds its like a massive weight is being lifted from our shoulders. I feel so much more carefree and happy and I can tell you do too :)

Well done on getting into the 15's too, I love dropping into the stone below more than any award, it's just such a buzz!

Hope you have a fantastic day, though I know you will after a result like that! xxx

Thanks Bev! I don't know what happened! I really don't!

I reckon it's because I had a small loss last week maybe? Also the pf came to visit last night and this morning which def helped!

I am really happy!

You should be too! Look at that blue 6 sticker on your signature! Wow! Also, you are so close to the halfway point! 4 more lbs and it's a downhill battle! THAT must feel amazing xx

Thanks Bev! I don't know what happened! I really don't!

I reckon it's because I had a small loss last week maybe? Also the pf came to visit last night and this morning which def helped!

I am really happy!

You should be too! Look at that blue 6 sticker on your signature! Wow! Also, you are so close to the halfway point! 4 more lbs and it's a downhill battle! THAT must feel amazing xx

Yey for the good ol' pf! She decided to make an appearance after WI for me, but I can't complain too much as she came yesterday too!

I'm over the moon today, its starting to sink in that I'm actually going to do this! Got pretty emotional earlier after sticking my little blue badge on my sig :eek:. Will be amazing to get to that halfway point. In reality I think my original target will probably go a stone or something lower, but it'll all depend on how I look and feel nearer the time. The best bit about getting halfway though is the fact that the hard part is over. At first it took ages for me to notice the difference and it just felt like a huge effort for hardly any reward, but now I can see and feel the changes so much more.

Oooh I meant to ask you about C25K, how did you find week 2? I'm doing the last session of week 1 later xxx

Yey for the good ol' pf! She decided to make an appearance after WI for me, but I can't complain too much as she came yesterday too!

I'm over the moon today, its starting to sink in that I'm actually going to do this! Got pretty emotional earlier after sticking my little blue badge on my sig :eek:. Will be amazing to get to that halfway point. In reality I think my original target will probably go a stone or something lower, but it'll all depend on how I look and feel nearer the time. The best bit about getting halfway though is the fact that the hard part is over. At first it took ages for me to notice the difference and it just felt like a huge effort for hardly any reward, but now I can see and feel the changes so much more.

Oooh I meant to ask you about C25K, how did you find week 2? I'm doing the last session of week 1 later xxx

You can definitely see the difference!! I wish I'd taken more photos before I started. I was so terrified of having a 'fat picture' that I spent the last year dodging away from cameras and de-tagging Facebook pics! But the difference in your pics really is amazing!

I'm not surprised you got emotional! It probably made you take a step back and really take into account all that you've achieved :). As I said, we can be our harshest critics!

For C25k I really enjoyed this morning. I downloaded the podcast from the NHS website this week and Laura guided me through it! Much easier than trying to do it with a stop watch! I really don't run fast though, I take it nice and slow (don't want to scare myself too quickly!) but I am determined to be in it for the long haul! Good luck on run 3! Are you using the podcasts? If not I'd definitely recommend it!
xx

Blooming 'eck Sophie, that's brilliant! What a lot of milestones in one week; I'd be grinning from ear to ear (I am doing on your behalf)!

You're so fired up that you'll prove OH wrong about the running; it sounds as though you are a natural runner, but you never knew it. Have a great week!

You can definitely see the difference!! I wish I'd taken more photos before I started. I was so terrified of having a 'fat picture' that I spent the last year dodging away from cameras and de-tagging Facebook pics! But the difference in your pics really is amazing!

I'm not surprised you got emotional! It probably made you take a step back and really take into account all that you've achieved :). As I said, we can be our harshest critics!

For C25k I really enjoyed this morning. I downloaded the podcast from the NHS website this week and Laura guided me through it! Much easier than trying to do it with a stop watch! I really don't run fast though, I take it nice and slow (don't want to scare myself too quickly!) but I am determined to be in it for the long haul! Good luck on run 3! Are you using the podcasts? If not I'd definitely recommend it!
xx

Yep I do the podcasts with Laura too. Can't imagine how much of a pain it'd be to have to mess around with a stop watch! I don't run fast at all either, but they say just do a slow jog so I'm sure that's what the expect at first. I had a look at my total distance I'd covered by the end and it was 2.5k, kinda scary i've got to get to double the pace by the end of the 9 weeks!

Have a lovely night hun, hope you're still all smiley! I love this running lark, gives me such a rush when I complete each run! xx

Just waiting for the doctors to open. I cut my toe on some glass last Sunday and although it doesn't constantly hurt, when I put my weight on it something isn't quite right. I'm wondering if there is still some glass in there as there is also a lump. When I put weight on my toe i get a sort of electric shock feeling up to my knee...so I thought I'd get it checked out, just in case! I don't do crutches so don't want to leave it too long and damage myself!

Quick update on food from yesterday then I'll reply to you lovelies when I get in!

Naughty celebratory brekkie: 2 wmb (HEB) with 3 M&S reduced fat sausages (3 syns) and an egg
Lunch: bubble & squeak with cheese (HEA1)
Snack: fruit pot & skinny cappuccino in Paris' most fancy starbucks (HEA2)
Dinner: chicken & bacon salad followed by FFNY

So was a bit naughty at breakfast but it was TOTALLY worth it!

Stepped on the scales again this morning and they're still showing 101.4! I was relieved as I was beginning to wonder if I'd just made it up!

X

Last edited:
Back