Secret Slimming in Paris

Yayyy - well done! There are times when a STS can be even better than a loss - I'd guess this is one of them. It is so reassuring to know that you can have the occasional break without dire results.

Onwards and downwards!

Morning Sophie, sounds like you've had an amazing weekend. I think you've made some really sensible choices and let your hair down a bit without completely going off plan. Well done on the STS, I'm hoping for one too this week. After that mega loss last week it might actually do your body some good to have had those higher cals this weekend to boost your metabolism. Either way I'm sure you're raring to go again now and a fabby loss will be yours next week! :) xx

Yayyy - well done! There are times when a STS can be even better than a loss - I'd guess this is one of them. It is so reassuring to know that you can have the occasional break without dire results.

Onwards and downwards!

Definitely feels better than a loss! I'm on cloud 9 :D. It really is reassuring! But I really will make sure it is just that, occasional!

Morning Sophie, sounds like you've had an amazing weekend. I think you've made some really sensible choices and let your hair down a bit without completely going off plan. Well done on the STS, I'm hoping for one too this week. After that mega loss last week it might actually do your body some good to have had those higher cals this weekend to boost your metabolism. Either way I'm sure you're raring to go again now and a fabby loss will be yours next week! :) xx
Hi Bev! It really was such a lovely weekend. My choices could have been a little more sensible (there was a salad option on the brunch menu & I could have had a coffee rather than hot choccy...but I enjoyed it , so nevermind!:rolleyes:

I am raring to go again! But I'm being kind to myself by making something really nice for tea so I don't rebel after having such an indulgent weekend!

x

I thought I might catch you all up on what we ended up doing this weekend!

Friday: Had dinner & drinks at our place and ended up talking & giggling till 3:30am :eek:
Saturday: meant to be going to Versailles but after such a late one the night before we decided to give it a miss. Instead we had a leisurely breakfast and then went out sight seeing. I took them to the Pont des Arts where they bought an engraved lock, put it on the bridge and threw away the key in the Seine (tragically romantic - google it!) we then walked along the river to the Notre Dame, then back along to Invalides and eventually to the Sacré Coeur, so lots of walking! Then we dashed back to our place, had dinner and then D & I went to see JT while the boys went to a basketball match. JT was amaaaazing! He was playing at Stade de France and the atmosphere was just amazing! We had seats but ended up going down into the arena and getting our boogie on! We then met up with the boys and wend home to have drinks and more giggles!
Sunday: Another late start for D & T, F and I went for a run. We then wandered into Paris and had a copious brunch, had an hour or so walk then went back to ours for a coffee & a quick chill out before we took them back to the train station.

All in all a busy but successful weekend :D D & I are so so so happy that F & T got along so well. It hopefully means that future trips together are on the cards. I also warmed to T this time :) xx

Hey Sophie!

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Must be so nice to be able to do stuff like that! I miss my adventures with my friends but because we all do shift work it's a nightmare trying to organise stuff. We have all decided to make more of an effort though :)
Extra nice to have such a nice setting tho and loads of interesting things to do and see.

Congrats on the sts! I agree with Patty, sometimes we need to remind our bodies how to deal with higher calorie stuff and sort out our metabolism a bit. Plus, you handled it really well. Even going for a run! Massively impressed!! xx

Sts is fab... I remember you being absolutely terrified of going off plan when you went to Barcelona (understandable as it was early days) but I think the time is right now for you to have had some treats and realised it's not the end of the world and that you won't gain 3 stone in two days haha! Well done xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Sophie!

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Must be so nice to be able to do stuff like that! I miss my adventures with my friends but because we all do shift work it's a nightmare trying to organise stuff. We have all decided to make more of an effort though :)
Extra nice to have such a nice setting tho and loads of interesting things to do and see.

Congrats on the sts! I agree with Patty, sometimes we need to remind our bodies how to deal with higher calorie stuff and sort out our metabolism a bit. Plus, you handled it really well. Even going for a run! Massively impressed!! xx

It was such a great weekend! It did take a bit of planning though as my BFF lives in Lyon, which is 2 hours away on a TGV train and as we have no guest room they had to stay in a hotel and stuff. But it's nice it came together!

Thanks for the congrats! Definitely could have been better but I don't regret it one bit!xx

What a wonderful weekend you've had, yay to STS, overall I don't think you did too badly synwise ;)

Thanks! Yeah, it probably wasn't too too bad but it did feel like a very decadent weekend! xx

Sts is fab... I remember you being absolutely terrified of going off plan when you went to Barcelona (understandable as it was early days) but I think the time is right now for you to have had some treats and realised it's not the end of the world and that you won't gain 3 stone in two days haha! Well done xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app
I know! How funny! I was so so worried before Barcelona! I really thought 2 days would ruin everything! I will be easier on myself now. Don't get me wrong, I'll mainly be on plan (or try to be) but on the odd exceptional occasion like that I will let my hair down!xx

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL! Finished late on Monday & yesterday so didn't really have a chance to catch up. I'm on holiday until next Tuesday now though :)rolleyes: France).

Here is my food for yesterday:

Red Day:

Breakfast: wm muffin (HEB) egg & bacon
Snack: Fruit
Lunch: ham salad followed by a yoghurt
Snack: 2xcreme egg biscuits (8 syns :eek:)
Dinner: chicken breast stuffed with garlicy light dairylea (HEA) and salad

A colleague came back from the UK with a pack of creme egg biscuits for me! I had 2 (80 cals each = 4syns x 2 =8), gave 2 away and hid the remaining 2 in my locker for when I go back next week. Couldn't trust myself to bring them home! I'd have probably eaten them on the train!

I'm going to sound very ungrateful but I'm not really looking forward to being off this week. I've had so much time off lately and there is so much I need to get on with at work! Also F and I are still trying to save so shopping is off the cards... Also it is really really rainy at the moment/ Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it! I might pop to the Pompidou at some point. It's a while since I've been there.

x

Oh, and here is food from Monday:

Breakfast: bacon & egg sarnie (HEB)
Lunch: chicken salad with parmesan (HEA) & fruit
Dinner: chicken & broccoli & FF yoghurt

Don't get me wrong, I'll mainly be on plan (or try to be) but on the odd exceptional occasion like that I will let my hair down!xx

That is exactly the way to think! It's funny how good it actually feels getting back on plan after a blow-out. I also think you appreciate things more for being a treat rather than a regular event.

Definitely, Patty! I feel really good being back on plan!

Todays food is looking like this so far:

Breakfast: Bacon & egg sarnie (HEB)
Lunch: big mac in a bowl (but on a plate!)
Snack: orange, melon & 85g prunes (HEB) a 3 syn lindt bunny
Dinner: lemon chicken stirfry with cheese (HEA)
x

Last edited:
I had the bunny! :17729:

Just completed C25K Week 3 run 3 with the OH! After the 30minutes though he wanted to carry on and I still had some energy so we then followed the week 2 podcast...crazy people!! When the second one was over he practically had to roll me home hehe!
It was really great though. It was so so sunny and nice by the river. It's come in cool and overcast now. Really feel like we made the most of the start of the day!
We're off to the cinema now for a rest!
Have a good day everyone xx

Just got back from the cinema. We saw a French comedy called 'Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au bon Dieu' which was actually really funny! Its about a 'racist' catholic dad whose 4 daughters each marry someone from another cultural origin. It was really funny, especially with F and I being a mixed couple we identified with a lot of clichés. F laughed out loud the whole way through to a point I almost wanted to move to the other side of the room!

We hadn't had any breakfast so by the time the film had finished we were staaarving! It's a bank holiday so all the supermarkets are closed and our fridge is empty so we treated ourselves to sushi! If I do EE I think I've got away syn free! I had a big green salad, 6 salmon maki wrapped in lettuce (in French they're called 'springtime maki' but i'm not sure thats the right translation in English!) I got them without advocado with plain rice. It was sooo nice and very well deserved after our run this morning, I think!

I'm meant to be meeting friends later but I'm so sleepy now I'm not sure I'll make it...we'll see!

Xx

Afternoon Sophie :p, sounds like you had a lovely time out with your OH. I love going to the movies :D. I've always wanted to try sushi, Japanese food it's ment to be very healthy for you. The only thing I don't like is eating raw food. Is the stuff that goes inside the sushi cooked ? Sorry to sound like a right dimbo, but I have no clue ? :rolleyes: xx

Last edited:
If I can just jump in here...

Kay - my first sushi was a 'snack-pack' from Marks for about £1 and it has no raw fish. It's a good introduction and I quite regularly have sushi now as I really like it. I admit that I only eat cooked fish.

Sophie - that sounds like a brilliant morning and your sushi was well-deserved. The film sounds great and no doubt made funnier because you could relate to it so much. It's a shock to our system that all shops are closed - that only happens on Christmas and Easter days here. Even the banks are open on Bank Holidays! I must remember when we go on holiday in June that Sundays really are Sundays and be prepared.

Hi Kay, we really did have a lovely morning!

As Patty suggestéd, try with cooked fish first. I hadn't tried Japanese food before moving to Paris either and it took my sophisticated Londoner friends a good few attempts before I'd try it! Now I have raw fish, normally salmon or tuna, and I love it!

The OH isn't keen on raw fish but he loves the kebab sticks they do and the noodles and tempura prawns (less healthy though)! There is something for everyone! I'd reccommend you give it a go :) x

Yes Patty! Do be careful with Sundays! I think June is one of the rare months where there are no bank holidays though, you've chosen well!

In central Paris you can catch some supermarkets on a Sunday morning, usually from 9 to 12, but if you're in the Province I'd suggest you stock up before! That said boulangeries tend to be open and even open on Christmas day!

Where is it that you're going? It'll soon fly around!x

Back