Secret Slimming in Paris

Awww I'm so glad you've replied. At least today's blood isn't too good it sounds like things still might be all ok :) I really hope so! Take care and keep us posted and don't worry at all about sw while this is going on.

Also, ahem, Sophie and Bev I need to get in on this book of face action please :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Very glad to see you back on here. I have everything crossed for you for Friday. Looks like things are improving though. And it's fantastic that you're staying so positive.xx

Hi hun

I have just been catching up over the last week or so - I am sorry to hear about the scare - I have everything crossed for you that you and baby are well and fighting fit.

xxxx

My baby has a heart beat!!

Everything is fine and in the right place and the doctor detected a heart beat! 104 bpm which apparently is a very good sign at this early stage.

I'm over the moon!

My baby has a heart beat!!

Everything is fine and in the right place and the doctor detected a heart beat! 104 bpm which apparently is a very good sign at this early stage.

I'm over the moon!

Ah, I am so chuffed for you and Hubs! A cute little bubba in your tum tum. What lovely news.

xxx

Thanks Charley!!

I'm going to have a night off plan tonight. Really off plan!

I know I shouldn't reward myself with food but who cares! Tonight I'm having chocolate & pizza.

Tomorrow I'll be back to being a good girl - promise!x

That's fantastic news so pleased for you sounds really promising now :) enjoy your pizza xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Charley!! I'm going to have a night off plan tonight. Really off plan! I know I shouldn't reward myself with food but who cares! Tonight I'm having chocolate & pizza. Tomorrow I'll be back to being a good girl - promise!x

Enjoy your pizza and chocolate!!!! No guilt, just enjoy. Xxx

My baby has a heart beat!! Everything is fine and in the right place and the doctor detected a heart beat! 104 bpm which apparently is a very good sign at this early stage. I'm over the moon!

Wohoooo!!! Fantastic news, so chuffed for you hunny xxx

Yep hope you're good hun and enjoyed your night off! I think we need it once in a while, I'm having 'treat' night too tonight and having some home made meatballs and garlic bread, can't wait! :D xx

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for your well-wishing, it really does mean a lot!

Mrs G, I keep meaning to PM you with my facey book name :)

Sorry I've been so rubbish this past week! I'm now back with a vengeance!

I was off mega plan Friday night (1/2 a medium stuffed crust pizza & lots of chocolate) and semi off plan Saturday (went to an Irish gastro pub in the evening and had steak pie & chocolate cake...yummmmmmm). Then yesterday morning sickness hit and I've been contaminated since! I've been on plan (only semi today) but the thought of certain food (such as asparagus - yuk!) makes me want to throw up just thinking about it! Which means I didn't eat a lot yesterday or today.

I went back to the Gs office and he was happy with my scan results. He weighed me and I was showing a 2kg loss but mine are showing a STS so I'm going to stick with mine (still mega happy since last week was a bit of a fail). He then sent me off to do a whole list of blood tests. One of which was the glucose test (so not SW friendly!) whereby I had to drink a bottle of liquid sugar...not nice and not on plan! I should get the results back fairly quickly. They also re-tested be for toxoplasmosis and I'm crossing my fingers that I have been somehow immunised since they did that test last year. It would be one less worry!

We had an appointment to see a great apartment this afternoon but the estate agent just called to cancel as the contract was signed this morning. Typical! Back to the drawing board.

Other than that everything is fine, I'm coping with the nausea, it's just making it hard for me to plan meals. I just have to think of a particular food and it sets me off! And I never know what the food is going to be... Luckily I have the week of work so that should give me time to get used to it.

Oh, I also found out that one of my BFFs in Paris is moving to NYC in 6-8 weeks. It's so exciting for her but I'm feeling sorry for myself! She was the witness at our wedding and going through this won't be the same without her. How selfish of me!

Hope you're all Ok, I'll be catching up with diaries now :) x

Urgh!! I've had the glucose tolerance test. The stuff is vile isn't it?!! Bluerg!!

Morning or all day nausea is awful!! From the people I've worked with it does get better after the first couple of months. A long time tho!! Obv mine wasn't pregnancy related, but having to deal with nausea is hard work!! You might just have to eat the best option you can stomach at the time :)

Ah not selfish about you being sad your friend is leaving. My fake brother and sister often talk about moving away and it makes me so sad. It's the same when my Sister talks about it too. I'm sure you're happy for her, but it's ok to be sad too :) xx

Yeah it was horrible! It was icy cold though which I found helped and I gulped it down in one - showed off my Northern English genes ;)
It really isn't nice. So far I find sweet foods are easier to stomach. Me and the DH have just done the food shop and buying fruit was easy but when we got to the veg aisle it was a no-no...I won't even talk about the fish counter! Although I quite fancy some crab sticks...

It is hard when people move away :( I guess we've just got to remember we're lucky, what with skype and all that jazz! And realistically, NYC is 'only' a 400€ flight away...not sure if that is feasible though while pregnant/with a newborn, but we'll see! Would your family move far, if they were to move? x

Oh Sophie - I'm really sorry you had to go through such a scare, but so relieved that everything's OK. I'm not surprised you had a celebratory evening off plan (and just in time, before pregnancy sickness kicked in)! Did you get to see Little Bean in the scan?

How brilliant of your manager to be so supportive and I hope that continues. Let her know how you're suffering at the moment too as you might be able to adjust your hours. I got sick in the evening and it was a race to get home in time! I didn't have an evening meal for months but consoled myself with the thought that the sickness was a positive thing - well you have to try and look for something good, don't you?!

i went right off chocolate and coffee - my nearest and dearest couldn't believe that!

What a shame about the apartment - I'm sure there's one out there with your name on. And it's perfectly OK to be sorry that your friend's moving especially as she's going just when you could really do with having her nearby.

Aww hun its totally understandable you're upset one of your besties is moving away. You're not being selfish at all, but like you say I'm sure it's an amazing opportunity for her and thanks to Skype and FB we're more connected than ever these days. Plus when you have time to get away its only a flight away. I'd love a friend in New York, any excuse for a hol, lol!

Morning sickness sounds crappy, poor you. Hope it gets better, thankfully I think it only lasts for the first trimester.

Glucose test sounds revolting, pure sugar drink - yuck. Pity you can't have something like lucosade! Hope you get all your results back soon so you can put your mind at ease. Well done on the STS too, that's great considering the off plan treats you've enjoyed. I still think these days even when we're off plan that SW is in the back of our minds still, holding us back from being completely bad. It's the only explanation I have for my lb loss after hols, though to be fair the food wasn't great.

Hope you have a good week, its great news your boss is being so supportive. How are you finding it at work with the sickness and stuff? xx

Hi Patty, so nice to have you back! I did really enjoy treat night, and you're very right - it was just in time! I did get to see the little bean, but it was just that, a tiny little bean! I was very relieved to see the flickering heart beat but nothing was big enough to make it really seem real, if you know what I mean.

My manager is being really good, I'm lucky! I'm off this week so I'll see how I manage with the nausea and see if I can detect a pattern etc. I've been reading a lot of things online saying that having morning sickness makes you less likely to miscarry. I'm not sure how reliable that is but it's definitely reassuring.

It's probably a good thing going off chocolate! I seem to be able to handle sweet stuff much easier when feeling sick and it's torture resisting chocolate biscuits!

We're trying to stay positive about the apartment, as you say, there is another one out there! Everything happens for a reason!x

Hi Bev! Yeah, it will be a wicked excuse for a holiday, although I'm not sure how feasible it'll be as she's only going to be there for a year but I'm sure it'll fly over anyway!

MS is horrid :( yeah, I should only have it for another 6-8 weeks, but that seems like an eternity! Although I must say it is a bit better today. It hasn't been as constant as over the last few days. I do find I have a permanent strange metallic taste in my mouth though which makes everything taste strange, but apparently that's normal too.

Yeah, definitely, before I could easily have eaten a whole pizza and garlic bread and full sugar coke and maybe some ice cream afterwards! On Friday I was more than satisfied with 1/2 a pizza and some choccy later on!

I haven't had to deal with sickness at work yet - luckily! My week holiday has come just at the right time and I'm only working 2 days next week, so I have a bit of time to adapt! x

Back