Secret Slimming in Paris

Food for yesterday (Red day)

Lunch: chicken breast & cucumber slices
Dinner: crabsticks, gherkins, cherries & a banana

REALLY random food day, with major absence of HEs but I just couldn't face it!

I've done better today!

Breakfast: porridge (HEA & HEB)
Lunch: bacon sandwich (HEB) with cherries & crabsticks
Dinner: Don't know yet...

I shouldn't worry about SW too much whilst you're suffering with pregnancy sickness - just be guided by what you fancy.

Ginger is supposed to help ease the symptoms. My mum had a metallic taste in her mouth throughout her pregnancy with me. The only thing she found to relieve it was to finish a meal with a little bit of cheese, which might explain why I like cheese!

Hey hun

Sorry to hear the morning sickness has kicked in :( - hopefully it will pass soon. xxxxx

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been away. I've had my mind elsewhere and have been really struggling with SW!

MS has been pretty brutal. I haven't been sick but really nauseated and I've gone off so many foods! I can't bare the sight of raw meat and vegetables make my stomach churn! So, I've been eating boring, bland things as and when I feel up to it. I'm not eating a lot, my weight seems stable so I must be in my calorie limit but I know I'm not being as healthy as I should be.

Other than that everything is pretty much OK. I'm very emotional though. I'm still so happy and in amazement of the little miracle that's unfurling inside of me but I find myself going from mad laughter to tears in seconds!! Crazy lady!

I hope everyone's ok, sorry for being so neglectful!

Hopefully things will calm down towards the end of the 1st trimester and I'll be back to SW!xx

Lovely to hear from you! Welcome to the start of pregnancy - yep, a real emotional rollercoaster and as for MS, all I can say is that it passes. Some of it is designed to keep your baby safe from foods which could be harmful so it's not all bad. These first few months will soon go and then you can enjoy the 'blooming' part. Are you getting really, really tired in the evenings?

Just eat what you can - the plan will be waiting for you!

Hi Patty!

Oh my gosh, this is horrible!! How do people ever have more than one child???

Some days I feel constantly nauseous and it's a real struggle to find anything to eat, other days the nausea isn't constant but the thought of some food sets it off! But it seems to be much worse if I don't eat at all...

I'm feeling so guilty about what I'm eating, for example today (a really bad nauseous day) I had 1 McVities GingerNut to get me out of bed, a 6inch subway sandwich for lunch (I really crave subway) and a packet of plain crisps with a coke for dinner... Calorie wise I won't be over 2000 but what I'm eating really can't be good for me or the baby. I just can't face anything else. Subway really has become a go-to lunch, the thought of it really reduces nausea. I think I'm reassured too as my OH works there so I know it's clean & all the salad is washed in water & vinegar etc so no risk of nasty food poisoning!

Anyway, I'm shying away from Minimins sheerly out of guilt. And tiredness.

I hope I'll be back soon!

xx

It's lovely to see you posting again! MS is vile, but in the overall scheme of things it doesn't last that long and unless you are one of the very unlucky ones, you should be getting toward the end of it. Your baby will be getting what it needs, so don't fret about quality. It's good to know that the Subways are very well prepared and if you can tolerate them, that's excellent.

I had a very good relationship with ginger biscuits too!

Hey dude!
Sorry to hear the nausea is so bad :( I don't think people realise just how horrible nausea is to live with!! I really hope it eases for you soon and you can go back to eating nice food that will make you feel better.
I think it's silly to feel guilty at the moment over your eating. You're eating what you can and it really doesn't sound like much! It'll work itself out :) xx

Hi ladies,

Just popping in for a quick update. Baby is growing which is a relief! I was at the doctor's this morning and we heard the heart beat :). We're going for the official 3 month scan on Friday at which point we may know the gender - exciting times!!

As for my weight, I've been avoiding the scales but the doctor said this morning I've actually lost 3kg this month! Result!! I really have been very naughty so it's a relief that I haven't ballooned! I won't bother updating my stats as it won't last long!

Hope you're all good and doing fab! I hope I'll be more motivated to think about food in the next few weeks!

xx

Hi ladies, Just popping in for a quick update. Baby is growing which is a relief! I was at the doctor's this morning and we heard the heart beat :). We're going for the official 3 month scan on Friday at which point we may know the gender - exciting times!! As for my weight, I've been avoiding the scales but the doctor said this morning I've actually lost 3kg this month! Result!! I really have been very naughty so it's a relief that I haven't ballooned! I won't bother updating my stats as it won't last long! Hope you're all good and doing fab! I hope I'll be more motivated to think about food in the next few weeks! xx

Fantastic news about the baby and good luck for your scan on Friday - let us all know how you get on. Any guesses as to the gender?

Well done on the loss but don't stress about food, you're eating for two now xxx

Good luck for tomorrow, bet you can't wait to see him/her xx

Hey hun,

I hope you are well and the pregnancy is going ok

xxxxx

Hey Sophie! Just back from travels and having a catch up- WOW! BABY :D congratulations!! How is the pregnancy going? How exciting :D
X

Back