Secret Taste Weapon!

-Tally-

Silver Member
Knorr Aromat!

If you google "knorr aromat" you'll see an image, a yellow shaker pot with red top.

It's 7 syns for the whole pot and one pot will last a 3-4 weeks, so it's a fraction of a syn per meals worth. It's like a savoury salt but tastes gorgeous. It's sold in all the major supermarkets and can be found with the herbs and spices, cheap too, about 74p in Tesco.

I've found that once I removed butter from veg and potatoes that they tasted a bit boring. I started using Aromat when I was at Slimming World last year and it really helped replace the flavour lost from using butter. It's also lovely in soups, over pasta, over potatoes or in mash, over rice and vegetables...I really couldn't do SW without it. Another use is for slim a soups...normally so tasteless but so much nicer with this in it.

Anyone else use it?

Have a try if you're struggling for flavour, so nice!

My mate uses Aromat on everything...literally EVERYTHING! She loves the stuff and will be glad to see this appreciation thread lol x

Haha, glad I'm not the only one! I've got my mum and brother into it too.

I love Aromat. I use it on everything. When I lived in South Africa it was used instead of salt. Its a must have in my cupboard. So glad you have also discovered it.

Try it on eggs, you will never use salt again.

I've seen it in the supermarket but never tried it, will add it to my shopping list :) and give it a go.

Thanks for the tip x

I have so many free ones that I don't think I'll bother. I think I have about 100 different herbs and spices now, and still on the lookout for new seasonings. Might be nice for a special occasion though.

Back