Secret to shaping up

I'm here admiring my new ten kg bell, it finally arrived, it's BEAUTIFUL! Ok, now I know for sure I'm sad!

Behold!

Attachments

• SDC12556.jpg
    SDC12556.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 48
Shirleen said:
That's great!
What were your first round? I'm on 3G or I'd do a search!

Will hav to look up but it was 10 off my hips. My sil who is doing it with me (her first time) as just done her 3 wk measure up and has lost 7.5cm off waist! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wolverson Fitness, and I must recommend them as they sent me it anyway, after I decided to cancel, after they wrote to me after ordering to tell me that their website had accidentally not included postage to N.I. (very expensive)....if all that makes sense!
I used it tonight for my Resistance Week 6 and it felt great - massive handle and my favourite colour.....white!

Hey swingers,
Thought I'd update u with my round 2 halfway point measurements:

Bust: 2cm
Waist: 1cm
Hips: 3cm
Thighs: 2cm
Calves: 2cm

Not as amazing as last time round but I'm more than happy with them xxx

Nice one Donzy. Still pretty impressive stuff. We are the incredible shrinking women!! :)

Great cm loss donzy, well done!!

Loving the White bell
Biggy, happy swinging :)

Hi guys any advice on what to eat for muscle recovery please. I'm going back to my C25k, and I start kettlebell training on monday so just want to make sure I am looking after my body. Do you have protein shakes or bars or something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Morning swingers :)

Well busy day for me today so thought I'd get res week4 out the way early, feels different doing it first thing - really feel energised for the day now. Resistance week 4 is fab I love it :)

Have a lovely weekend y'all :)

chickadee83 said:
Morning swingers :)

Well busy day for me today so thought I'd get res week4 out the way early, feels different doing it first thing - really feel energised for the day now. Resistance week 4 is fab I love it :)

Have a lovely weekend y'all :)

Morning I'm on cardio wk4 this afternoon :-(

Hi Kron,

What weights do you use these days? do you still use the smaller ones? for arm work or do you tend to use heavy ones throughout.

I've got a 5kg, 7.5kg and getting an 8kg for xmas.

I was wondering whether to get a 6kg for arm work, or persevere with the 7.5kg.

MartinD you would prob know, but i'm scared of building muscle if i go too high on my arms.
xxx

Morning I'm on cardio wk4 this afternoon :-(

Bummer! :D Mind you I don't know what I'm laughing at. I'm on Wk6 Cardio tomorrow. :(

I did it! I'm no longer a kettlebell virgin!!

I researched the form thoroughly and did the basic swing through your legs thing, was stunned at how good my form was tbh! A guy was in the workout room he started using one and his form was terrible, rounded back, head following the bell into the crotch!

Anyway only managed about 7 minutes with a 4kg, didn't feel much on my arms, but oh my I may never walk again! The gym is up three flights of stairs, I thought I was going to have to slide down in my bum!
I did some 'gunslingers' and they felt too easy so perhaps I wasn't doing them right.
Because I couldn't remember any more I used two bells like I do dumbbells with bicep curls, preacher curls.

I did 20minutes fast paced walking to warm up and 4x12 reps seated row at 30lbs.

So glad as I was worried I'd fall over as I have balance problems, but the bell seemed to centre me during the squats!

Biggy how many dess sizes would you need to drop to get into your dress? You have loads of time before the big day so i believe you could be wearing it. Fantastic news on getting your 10, so quickly too, and using it for resistance week 6, thats a fantastic acheivement, how did you find it? Looking forward to your updated results, cant wait :)

Trimlee great to hear your joining the swinging club :) and getting a 5kg to use. Week 1 cardio done! You will find you will need less breaks as you work through it, but take rests as you need them to start.

Shirleen glad to hear your feeling better :) Great to hear your now a true swinger ;) When I started making up a few moves without a dvd I always used to forget what to do, so wrote a brief description down to jog the memory. A 7 min blast of swings extremely well done! I keel over after 5 minutes lol The beauty of the bells is they improve core strength so apart from inch loss they really help when working upper and lower body. Hope your able to walk better soon, i remember having to haul myself up the stairs using the hand rail and take the strain using the rail going down as well lol

Sue nearly done round 2, bet you can carry more shopping than you used too ;) Looking forward to getting some updates really soon

Donzy fab results for half way point :) Cant wait to hear the total loss for both rounds soon. Wow bet sil is happy, she is going to be so grateful to you for helping her do this, is she still hogging the 5kg lol Good luck with cardio today. Your arm muscles are smaller muscles so cant take as much weight. Not sure if a 6 would be that beneficial, I would suggest that you start and use your 7.5 for a couple of reps then swapping down to your 5, or if 7.5 is just too much just use your 5 and try and get a couple of extra reps in. I am currently getting to grips with my 10, use a 12 for swings etc, but find with arm moves I can still struggle with an 8, but i keep at it altho I dont do as many reps and sometimes have to stop before the end x

Hi Maggie, muscles love protein. The shakes and bars can work out to be high syns so check that out. Chicken, fish, dairy, eggs, etc are all great sources of protein. Google protein foods and see what you find that will be easy for an after workout protein boost. Just ensure you have a well rounded diet for best health

Chick survived the halloween party :) up and at them early, how did you find swinging so early in the day?

hi everyone, just found this thread, its fab.

Been reading about the kettlebell, think its one for me. I've been on the Kettleworx website.

For a beginner (female!) would you go for the 5lb or 10lb? I don't want to buy the 5lb then find within a week or so I should have bought the 10lb, likewise to buy the 10lb and find its too heavy.

Help much appreciated.

suespain said:
hi everyone, just found this thread, its fab.

Been reading about the kettlebell, think its one for me. I've been on the Kettleworx website.

For a beginner (female!) would you go for the 5lb or 10lb? I don't want to buy the 5lb then find within a week or so I should have bought the 10lb, likewise to buy the 10lb and find its too heavy.

Help much appreciated.

Hiya I got a 5lb but only used it once, the 5kg ones (11lb) are £10 in asda, that's what I used. Have u checked out ideal world few ppl got kettleworx from there x

Hi Suespain, firstly awesome weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself, well done! I agree with Donzy and would suggest going for the 10lb (4.5kg) that comes with the kw set or if you can just get the DVDs, pick up a 5 or 6kg to start. Have you been doing other exercise?

Back