Secret to shaping up

See, I'm quite glad i got Week 1 cardio out of the way. Yes it is hard and i got DOMS of doom after, i was glad to get it over with.

I sleep like a baby after cardio :D

Went to class late, so did 40 mins, got home and encouraged OH to do kettleworx 20 min resistance DVD..

OH used my 8kg and wanted to know how or even why I was considering using a weight that heavy he found it hard on some of the moves.. I managed to show him on my good arm how I could do it lol :)

I didn't do the full set of moves, like the shoulder raises and the laying down chest move - OH took up all the room lol but liked the baseball squat heel raises, really felt them using my calf muscles .. And the punches were new to me, liked the stretches with the bell too. All in all looks good will continue :)

Thank you :) Do you do the fat burn and abs DVDs on the different days or after the main sessions?

Hi - those sessions are purely optional. If you did want to do them then either of the ways you have mentioned are fine. :)

Week 2 resistance done, phew! The side leg lifts nearly killed me, LOL.

I lost 0.6 lb this week but am definitely feeling more toned. You can really see a difference at my waist as well, the sides are more defined. Mr plum is also noticing improvements in himself. I was surprised after core this week, I wasn't nearly as sore the following days as I was last week. :)

Still on my 5lb bell, I keep looking at the 7.5 but once I get going know it's too soon for me to switch up. ;)

Does anybody do a bit more warmup/cooldown/stretch than kettleworx gives you? It's not quite enough for me although mr plum finds it ok.

Evening all - well that's Week 5 Advanced done again. After the couple of days at work I have had, I was cheerfully swinging my bells about pretending I was smashing them into some people's faces! Does that make me a bad person?! :) :)

Plum - I don't do any more than the warm up and cool down but I do occasionally give it an extra couple of stretches if there's been a lot of arm work just to loosen things up a little. And of course I always give myself an OTT pat on the back! :)

Did legs and thighs Kettleworx today. Going between the legs is a bit tricky - caught myself once, in the leg, its swollen - will be more careful next time - am expecting a lovely bruise!

Evening all - well that's Week 5 Advanced done again. After the couple of days at work I have had, I was cheerfully swinging my bells about pretending I was smashing them into some people's faces! Does that make me a bad person?! :) :)

Plum - I don't do any more than the warm up and cool down but I do occasionally give it an extra couple of stretches if there's been a lot of arm work just to loosen things up a little. And of course I always give myself an OTT pat on the back! :)

LOL Sue I think you may have just provided me with a new method of motivation when doing kettlebell punches. :D

Mr plum does the pat on the back too (I should ask if he alternates sides each time) ;) but I have usually collapsed on the floor to recover and hit stop after the last stretch!

Did legs and thighs Kettleworx today. Going between the legs is a bit tricky - caught myself once, in the leg, its swollen - will be more careful next time - am expecting a lovely bruise!

Ooh, ouch. Hope you're not too banged up. Arnica cream should help if you have any! Otherwise vitamin c tablets (strange but true) - eat them, don't make them into a paste or anything to rub on! :eek:

My set came today... with 10 DVDs!! I'm excited but, my, how am I going to plan and organise what to do when?!

My set came today... with 10 DVDs!! I'm excited but, my, how am I going to plan and organise what to do when?!

I'm the same! Got so excited and posted a picture in the kettleworx offer thread. Just gonna start with the 6 week prog and leave the rest to after the first six weeks.

I'm the same! Got so excited and posted a picture in the kettleworx offer thread. Just gonna start with the 6 week prog and leave the rest to after the first six weeks.

Bet you won't! I thought that, have started week 3 now. Today I decided to give the Legs and Thighs ago - you get hooked! Believe me - I want to do it everday (Kettleworx!) :D

That's definitely a good thing! :D

Does anyone know if the Groupon offer is still on for kettleworx?

It's finished I'm afraid, fabulous offer I wasn't expecting 5 of the 10 DVDs that appeared.

Week 2 done! Resistence was sooo much easier than wk2 core or cardio!

Ok, I'm getting confused! I've got kettleworx, but there's cardio, resistance, abs.... Ect. All have week 1,2,3 ect
So what do I do? All of them on week 1?
Then all of them week 2? Or just one of them? I thought week 1 would be week 1 on all DVDs? But then I'd have to do all 6 in a week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Karen27 said:
Ok, I'm getting confused! I've got kettleworx, but there's cardio, resistance, abs.... Ect. All have week 1,2,3 ect
So what do I do? All of them on week 1?
Then all of them week 2? Or just one of them? I thought week 1 would be week 1 on all DVDs? But then I'd have to do all 6 in a week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Karen. :) The six week programme is cardio, core and resistance. So you might do week 1 cardio Friday, week 1 core on Monday and week 1 resistance on Wednesday. Then start week 2 with cardio the next Friday, and so on. The other DVDs (Abs etc) are extras you could toss into the mix if you wanted to. I recommend doing week 1 first to see how you find it before throwing anything else in there. Hope that helps! :)

Back