Secret to shaping up

Well, as of yesterday, thats Kettleworx completed!!!! I measured myself in week 2 and since then I have lost 7cm off my waist and 4cm off my hips! Well chuffed with that. I appear to have gained a cm on my arms and thighs but that's understandable.

So, off to edit my sig and start again on monday!

Suseka, hope you're resting that arm, it's so frustrating when you can't work out like you want to. trash, hope the move in goes well and doesn't cause too many more migraines!

Well done Splodge. That's a fab result for your first round. It's surprising how quickly the rounds pass by! xx

Wow Sue I've just noticed your sig. Congrats on the fab week 51 loss and making into the next bracket down! Whoop! :D :D

Wow Sue I've just noticed your sig. Congrats on the fab week 51 loss and making into the next bracket down! Whoop! :D :D

Aw cheers Plum. Dead chuffed with myself. And Mr S also had a storming week losing 5lbs. So holiday "damage" is pretty much sorted for him too. :)

Well done Sue and well done to Mr Sue too :)

To say i'm annoyed this morning is an understatement!!! Grrr Got up bright and early and went to start Week 4 Cardio as Other Half gone to pick up a shed put dvd in and oh wait .......couldnt find dvd remote??? Well looked high and low and no sign rang OH and he said ahh think i may have thrown it away by accident, thought it was an old remote for a tv we used to have!!! :confused: Bloody men eh! Now i cant do none of my KWorx dvd's unless I want to do Week 1 as i cant select the week i'm on without remote!

Looks like i'm going to have to purchase a new dvd player now ......just wait til he gets home is all i can say! Off to calm down some in the shower as its too early to get the vodka out!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Aw cheers Plum. Dead chuffed with myself. And Mr S also had a storming week losing 5lbs. So holiday "damage" is pretty much sorted for him too. :)

That's fab! You deserve to be proud (both of you)! :D

Trash said:
Well done Sue and well done to Mr Sue too :)

To say i'm annoyed this morning is an understatement!!! Grrr Got up bright and early and went to start Week 4 Cardio as Other Half gone to pick up a shed put dvd in and oh wait .......couldnt find dvd remote??? Well looked high and low and no sign rang OH and he said ahh think i may have thrown it away by accident, thought it was an old remote for a tv we used to have!!! :confused: Bloody men eh! Now i cant do none of my KWorx dvd's unless I want to do Week 1 as i cant select the week i'm on without remote!

Looks like i'm going to have to purchase a new dvd player now ......just wait til he gets home is all i can say! Off to calm down some in the shower as its too early to get the vodka out!

Nooooo! OHs do the oddest things sometimes don't they. :( I've given up expecting mine not to do the daftest things, it saves on the stress levels. :eek:

Could you buy a universal remote? Hope either way you'll find a bargain. (in the short term could you play it on a laptop or something?)

Oh no what a pain in the neck! Did you do week one anyway? I would have I think just to get it done!
Blokes.... They either never throw anything away or chuck important stuff!!! Have your bins been collected? If not send him rootling!

That's fab! You deserve to be proud (both of you)! :D

Nooooo! OHs do the oddest things sometimes don't they. :( I've given up expecting mine not to do the daftest things, it saves on the stress levels. :eek:

Could you buy a universal remote? Hope either way you'll find a bargain. (in the short term could you play it on a laptop or something?)
Ahhh never thought of using the laptop :)
Cheers for that!

Oh no what a pain in the neck! Did you do week one anyway? I would have I think just to get it done!
Blokes.... They either never throw anything away or chuck important stuff!!! Have your bins been collected? If not send him rootling!

Yes done week 1 Shirleen. I don't know what got into him ....I mean as a rule he can be oblivious the house looking like a bomb has gone off yet he decides to randomly discard a dvd remote??? And no sadly bins been collected!

Will just have to make him stump up for a new dvd that should hurt lol

Oh dear Trash. I'd have to hurt him both in the wallet and perhaps accidentally "banging" his leg with one of your bells! :D

Thanks for your congratulations for our WI results this week. We were both very pleased with ourselves and boy did those bacon sarnies taste good to celebrate!

Started Week4 this morning with Cardio. Forgotten how much that one makes me work. I was knackered by the end and extremely sweaty and red faced. The double bell hold always catches me out. Did 3 and then substituted sumo squats for the 4th set. Love sumo squats and I am now trying to challenge myself more by seeing how far apart I can get my legs without the thigh muscles screaming! Got a bit of excess fat on both inner thighs which quite spoils my pins (even if I do say so myself :)) so hoping doing extra on these will make them a bit leaner. Well I live in hope. Otherwise I just might have to try some DIY lipo with the hoover! :eek:

Oh dear Trash. I'd have to hurt him both in the wallet and perhaps accidentally "banging" his leg with one of your bells! :D

Thanks for your congratulations for our WI results this week. We were both very pleased with ourselves and boy did those bacon sarnies taste good to celebrate!

Started Week4 this morning with Cardio. Forgotten how much that one makes me work. I was knackered by the end and extremely sweaty and red faced. The double bell hold always catches me out. Did 3 and then substituted sumo squats for the 4th set. Love sumo squats and I am now trying to challenge myself more by seeing how far apart I can get my legs without the thigh muscles screaming! Got a bit of excess fat on both inner thighs which quite spoils my pins (even if I do say so myself :)) so hoping doing extra on these will make them a bit leaner. Well I live in hope. Otherwise I just might have to try some DIY lipo with the hoover! :eek:

I'd use a Dyson to avoid uneven fat removal!
Well done on the losses xxx

Well we have a Dyson Animal which seems kind of appropriate! :D

You have to let me know if it works! The dyson lipo as I def need that too .. Altho The new kettlercise class program seem to be hitting that area with side lunges .. I have a trip to the beach coming up in jul/aug and really want that bit GONE!!

So, right back to the beginning this morning, with week 1 cardio. Just as tough as I remember, why on earth they make week 1 so hard I do not know. I was very proud of myself for doing it in spite of a nasty chest infection I'm struggling with. Did spend about 5 mins afterwards coughing my lungs up tho- attractive!

Oh, if anyone's up for a challenge, Paddy Cunningham (Biggest Loser 2011) is running a slim for summer challenge on facebook. You've got till 6pm tonight to join, and he's supporting everyone with articles, hints and tips and motivation.

Your results for round 1 were great; can't wait to see the outcome of round 2! :)

I've wondered that about week 1 cardio as well, especially as they (I think) use it on the introduction dvd. Maybe they want people to feel good about the rest of them not being so difficult! :D

Wow your stats are good Splodge :)

I've managed to cadge a dvd player off my sis that she doesn't use ....so just completed week 4 Cardio Yayyyyy and boy did i find it hard but enjoyable!

Really got to be good food wise for next 3 weeks so i don't look like a big blob in my bikini :eek: I do ok with food all day until i get home at 5pm then whilst i'm preparing and waiting for the dinner to cook i'm picking at rubbish i.e. biscuits and the like!!

Need to break that habit as of now!

I have almonds (10-15) now as a snack while cooking or a ww yogurt with toasted flaked almonds :)

Trash said:
Wow your stats are good Splodge :)

I've managed to cadge a dvd player off my sis that she doesn't use ....so just completed week 4 Cardio Yayyyyy and boy did i find it hard but enjoyable!

Really got to be good food wise for next 3 weeks so i don't look like a big blob in my bikini :eek: I do ok with food all day until i get home at 5pm then whilst i'm preparing and waiting for the dinner to cook i'm picking at rubbish i.e. biscuits and the like!!

Need to break that habit as of now!

When you cook one dinner why not prep some veggies/fruit for the next nights munches? Dunno what diet you're doing mind! If it were me I'd make a batch of superfree veggie soup and heat up a mug in the micro to sip!

I tend to have a glass of water or mug of tea whilst I'm sorting out dinner and/or yakking away to Mr Sue. This stops me from picking. Would you be able to remove biscuits etc from the house this side of your holiday to stop you reaching for them?

Glad you got your DVD sorted out. Week 4 Cardio is a good session but a punisher. Not as bad as Wk1 though. Nothing is ever as bad as week 1! :)

Thanks all for the tips - i stopped by the grocery shop on way to work this morning and got apples and walnuts ;o) so had a munch on those at about 330 and seemed to do the trick :)

I made a Thai red chicken curry for tea (first time i've braved thai food) my daughter talked me into it and have to say quite enjoyed it and the calories were good as well! My OH didn't like it but then he is a pie chips n peas sort of man lol

ok tonight i tackled Wk 4 resistance and Phew!!! It was blooming hard to keep up! I loved the disco ball thingys and the boxers dip and dive dooo dahh as well lol but come the end of the sets i had a major head sweat on!

Off to shower now and a cuppa when i get out with a thin slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake which i have counted in my daily points :D

Gym and week 1 resistance today. Very chuffed with myself as i was still aching from the notourious week 1 cardio on Monday!

Feeling very focussed this week. My friend is doing really well, she's lost 16lb in the last 3 weeks alone, and got to 50lb loss last week. She's so determined, nothing will stop her now, I need some of that!

Got a lot on the rest of this week, I'm going to struggle to fit exercise in. But I will make time for the bells, at 20 mins long, it wont be too hard to fit in. Not looking forward to tomorrow, day 1 of potty training DS2- wish me luck!

Good luck with the potty training Splodge :) chasing round after him with the potty should burn a few cals!

Making Southern fried chicken fillets with salad and tortilla wraps for tea DS and OH having theirs with oven chips - I'm having them on thier own :clap:

My aim this eve is to do the kettleworx fat burning dvd along with maybe 10 mins HIIT on treadmill :)

Back