Secret to shaping up

Hi again everyone, I've stopped the VLCD for the time being, lost 18.5 lbs in 7 weeks so very pleased, gonna up the exercise now so getting back to the 20 minute kettleworx sessions as of tomorrow! question is - to cardio first, or not to cardio first??!

Hi Slim - depends on the heat I would say. Don't be doing Wk1 Cardio is its roasting hot!

Yep I hear ya sue! I remember doing it once when my heating was on and by gosh it almost killed me!!! I'm thinking best to get it out the way..... Will see how I feel( and how the weather is) in the morning! :)

Oh my foot bones in my right foot hurt today from the one legged work last night! I have balance problems because of my ears anyway lol!

Core next which I may do tonight, then week 5 Cardio on Monday!

It's gone very quiet on here. I assume you are all swinging instead of posting.

Did week 4 resistance today for the second time. Somehow I have got my weeks mixed up and have done cardio and core week 3 twice. Definitely a sign of senility I think. How could I forget doing one of these sessions!! Today felt like an hour. I was really tired before I started and have been feeling it all evening. Weigh in tomorrow so let's hope it did some good.

Good luck with your weigh-in today Daisy! I too have experienced the never ending kettleworx sesh when tired - well done for getting through it! :D

I'm around, been a bit hectic here so am way behind on anything other than my diary. :( I remember noticing last year that minis was much quieter in the summer too!

Morning Swingers - well wk3 advanced kicked off with Cardio. Very "armey" this one. My shoulders are really feeling it now. Cup of tea and then a hot shower methinks. Can't be arsed to do much today at all. Luckily Mr Sue feels the same way. Think its going to be a slob out on the sofa this afternoon! :)

Just completed week1 core, may die, can't see straight lol!

Sliminthecity, what are you doing now? I've jumped over to judd, lost 2.4lbs this wk, come join us, I think it's fab and I'm recruiting!

15 lost : 52 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
Just completed week1 core, may die, can't see straight lol!

Sliminthecity, what are you doing now? I've jumped over to judd, lost 2.4lbs this wk, come join us, I think it's fab and I'm recruiting!

Is that your first session? I found week one core pretty hard too!

I'm so impressed with those of you who motivated yourselves to the bells today (Sunday on a bank hol weekend)! :)

(I trekked around the DIY store instead, could have used some motivation Ryan-stylee at several points!)

fizzyfluff said:
I will raise my right hand and pat myself on the back!

That is just what "our" Ryan would say!

Need some advice folks. What not too expensive make kettlebell would you recommend? I am coming to the UK next week, and will be back again in August for three weeks, so have decided to keep a 5kg weight to use while I'm there. Will carry my trusty KWX DVDs with me.

daisybell18 said:
That is just what "our" Ryan would say!

Need some advice folks. What not too expensive make kettlebell would you recommend? I am coming to the UK next week, and will be back again in August for three weeks, so have decided to keep a 5kg weight to use while I'm there. Will carry my trusty KWX DVDs with me.

I've got a Tesco bell, works fine cost a tenner xxx

Shirleen said:
I've got a Tesco bell, works fine cost a tenner xxx

Agreed, the Tesco bell is my favourite of mine because it has the widest handle, easy to get a proper two handed grip! :)

I saw online somewhere that Ryan said you can turn off the background music in kettleworx DVDs so you can listen to your own whilst still being able to hear him.

Does anybody know how to do this? My DVD menus only have the workouts (1-6), no setup choice or anything like that, and the routines only seem to have one soundtrack available too. :( I'd really like to figure this out as I find the official music completely uninspiring!

Plumfoodie said:
I saw online somewhere that Ryan said you can turn off the background music in kettleworx DVDs so you can listen to your own whilst still being able to hear him.

Does anybody know how to do this? My DVD menus only have the workouts (1-6), no setup choice or anything like that, and the routines only seem to have one soundtrack available too. :( I'd really like to figure this out as I find the official music completely uninspiring!

Hmm I'm not sure, I sometimes turn it right down but no good for the floor exercises as you can't see the screen...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just done week 4 cardio. The mountain climbers are impossible. Does it get easier.?

I am now straight with the DVD. Last week I did week 4 resistance then forgot which week I was on and did wk 3 cardio and core again. Dopey or what!

Do other people find that the burn varies from session to session? Today the lawn mowers were really burning my back muscles yet other times I have felt zilch. Not complaining as I am sure it is doing me good.

Thanks for the feedback on the Tesco bell. I will have to get one next week.

Back