Secret to shaping up

Hi Clairebear - the ones we are waiting for are from Ideal World.

i ordered last tues sue so looks like we're in the same boat. Boooooo :(

Delivery times

Your order will be delivered within 10 working days.

So you should really get them no later than next Monday.

Hope you get them soon.:)

I'm just so impatient. Luckily I have my bells so I started yesterday with the practices Kron recommended. The inside of my thighs today feel like they are in a vice! It's not going to be pretty when I attempt them again tomorrow afternoon that's for sure :eek:

I'm just so impatient. Luckily I have my bells so I started yesterday with the practices Kron recommended. The inside of my thighs today feel like they are in a vice! It's not going to be pretty when I attempt them again tomorrow afternoon that's for sure :eek:

I've been doing them too, good aren't they, have you tried the Lauren Brookes one? thats v difficult!!! Hubbie picking up my 5kg KB from Tesco tonight, reckon that'll make it a bit harder!

ooo do tesco have 5kg bells? I've been looking at the argos one but nowhere has it. I dont think the 5lb one that comes with the dvd's will last very long, well i hope not anyway, mr muscle eat your heart out lol

Hi - I've done all the ones that Kron recommended but struggled with the clean as I'm banging my wrist so haven't mastered that one yet. Did them all with a 3kg bell but had to change down to a 2kg one with the windmills as my arm was wobbling that much I thought I was going to smash my face in with the bell! The 2kg one was fine though. I'm so unfit and haven't exercised for over 20 years (shameful I know)!

Hi - I've done all the ones that Kron recommended but struggled with the clean as I'm banging my wrist so haven't mastered that one yet. Did them all with a 3kg bell but had to change down to a 2kg one with the windmills as my arm was wobbling that much I thought I was going to smash my face in with the bell! The 2kg one was fine though. I'm so unfit and haven't exercised for over 20 years (shameful I know)!

This is first exercise i've done in 3 years, basically just started putting on weight and got comfortable after my 1st child, now i've had my second, its time to tackle it.

i must admit i'm not the sort of person who enjoys exercise so with this being 20 min it suits me. Which is the clean is that where you pull it up to you chest kinda twisting it around your wrist?

numnumpigsbum: yes its tesco direct heres the link One Body 5kg Kettlebell - Tesco.Direct hope it works...

I've done a few with the 5lb and it is very light even for me not having done a lot of exercise, will prob use it for arm work though, but need a heavier one for the swings.

This is first exercise i've done in 3 years, basically just started putting on weight and got comfortable after my 1st child, now i've had my second, its time to tackle it.

i must admit i'm not the sort of person who enjoys exercise so with this being 20 min it suits me. Which is the clean is that where you pull it up to you chest kinda twisting it around your wrist?

numnumpigsbum: yes its tesco direct heres the link One Body 5kg Kettlebell - Tesco.Direct hope it works...

I've done a few with the 5lb and it is very light even for me not having done a lot of exercise, will prob use it for arm work though, but need a heavier one for the swings.

That's the one. Just can't get the twisting round the wrist. But I will master it!

Afternoon all

Hope you all get your kettlebells asap!!

Clairebear I've only started kettleworx last week so am by no means and expert but this is how I plan to follow the 6 week programme-

Monday- resistance
Wednesday - core
Saturday - cardio

Last week I had to wait until
Thursday to do core as my muscles were still sore and doing cardio on a Friday doesn't suit that's why I'm leaving it till then.

I've thrown in the odd ' ten minutes' workout- I have a blast off belly fat one but tbh if I'm doing 3 x kettleworx a week happy with that :)

Might start doing the kettleworx abs DVD a couple of times a week if I can fit it in, we'll see!!

Hi All :)

Shazz , hope you have recovered enough to get your last session in, so your ready to start again
Amazon has emailed t say the dvd has been shipped, so hope to get it soon, then will give you an update.

Hi Alex hope your decorating goes well so you get a chence tohave aplay with your bell :)

Booo to the delivery men at this time, not getting your dvds to you - we want them now! lol

Numnum you would have thought they would be in the system somewhere by now, start chasing in case they havent issued yet and you will still be waiting next week

Donzy good link :) just had a quick look and will check out the rest of them as it looks like could be a great site to get the technique right

Clairebear i would recomend a day off in between at least, and you may want to see how you feel, and if not too bad do them alternate days. i started them 3 times p/w then about week 3 started doing them alternate days

Chick great to see you throwing a few extra workouts in, they are so versatile that you can just do a quick 5 mins if you want - a bit of freestyle :)

Sue hope your thighs ease so you can get some more parctice in :)

Hi Illa welcome you only need one kettlebell but you can want to increase the weight as you get into it. :) There are a range of dvds, individuals and in sets which can range hugely in price, I can offer suggestions pending on your price range. I have posted some links very recently for online tutorials and practice exercises which may be of interest

thanks Kron, would it be possible for you to give me the link ? i must be blind I looked but missed it...As for the kettle I've found a french site which provides us with the cutest colors ;) the lightest one is pink ;)

Kron said:
I found these on amazon, will depend on your dvd player as to which ones are suitable

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettlebell Fat Burner [DVD] [2008] A few on here have got this one, so they may be able to let you know what its like, review are quite mixed £5
Power Body: Kettlebell Bootcamp [DVD] [2009] [US Import] £15 has some good reviews
Absolute Beginners: Kettlebell 3-In-1 With Amy Ben [DVD] [2009] [US Import] good reviews as a starter, seems like you might grow out of it after a while tho £10
Go Fit Ironcore Kettlebell Training DVD £10 i have the one of iron cores range so this should be good
Kettlebell Dynamics [DVD] [2009] [US Import] £8, only one review
Iron Core Kettlebells DVD Volume 1 £15 I have this one and its a good one to learn the moves
Kettlebell Bombshell [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] No reviews on amazon but used from £10
Calorie Burner Workout With Kettlebells DVD - Gin Miller - Region 0 Worldwide
Kettlebell Basics DVD Complete With 12 Week Training Workout Programe For Strength & Power (2011) this ones a bit more, but sounds quite good £18, I like that it has a programme to follow.

Most of these dvds will only have one workout, so be careful if your a person that gets bored doing the same routine over and over

Hi Illa these are some of the cheaper DVDs I have come across

Just dropped by to quickly update & tell you that I have completed the programme. I really enjoyed week 6 resistance despite a little accident (the kb slipped out of my hand doing around the world & has left a lovely big chip on my kitchen floor!!! :eek:) Unfortunately I was using my 7.5kg so the chip is rather large!!! I havent told hubby yet as we have been out all day with the kids but will break it to him later :(

Hope everyone is getting on well with the programme. I'm going to restart now & work my way through it again but have been eyeing up some dvd's on amazon & quite like the sound of the Lauren Brook one. Have you got it Kron?? Is it worth getting??

Anyway will be back later (hopefully) after I've broken the news of the kitchen floor to hubby :(

Sweet oh no! I would be grabbing putty and watercolours - mine wouldn't notice anyway, I hope it's not too bad.

Lauren gets a lot of good reviews, I have a few of hers on my wish list in amazon, but not ordered any yet. She is RKC registered so I think would be a good pick :)

Good luck Donzy hope you enjoy :)

Sweet Pink congrats on finishing the 6 weeks :) Sorry to hear about your little accident with the kitchen floor, hope your hubby took the news ok!! My bf is terrified that I'll send my swinging kettlebell through his beloved TV!

I'm now on week 2, did resistance today which I loved. Can feel myself getting stronger already. Fully expecting NOT to be able to walk tomorrow. The squats KILL me!

chickadee83 said:
Sweet Pink congrats on finishing the 6 weeks :) Sorry to hear about your little accident with the kitchen floor, hope your hubby took the news ok!! My bf is terrified that I'll send my swinging kettlebell through his beloved TV!

I've been banned from swinging in living room!!! "just in case"

Back