Secret to shaping up

Illa said:
Hello
I've been back from vacation and looking a little more in depth in your thread. Yesterday I saw the cutest Reebook kettlebells and just loved the feel of them. I think I love the handles. Do you know them ? or what should I watch for when buying a kettlebell ? I fell in love with a nice pink one (forkett), but now seeing the handle makes me rather want the Reebook one. If you look at the image the handle seem so much more comfy ;) I was thinking about buying maybe a 5 kg and a 7.5 kilos what do you think ?

So from what I could read I should start with Kettleworx DVD which I saw I can buy from Amazon UK. And then once done, buy the Advanced version of Kettleworx. I'm a little bit put off by some review on Kettleworx, people say that this instructor is quite bad and doesn't do the moves properly. I wouldn't want to hurt myself...Is this true according to your experience ? Also there seem to be a lot of copy and paste in the DVD...

And finally I've read Kron bought the DVD Kettlercise, but I haven't been able to find a review from you afterwards. Maybe I just missed it, the thread is starting to get quite long ;) There is also a version just for women, anyone knows it ? the reviews are quite good.

That's all for my questions. I hope I don't bother you, i've read all the thread during a long time and these are just questions where I could not find an answer. So I'm not popping out with some questions that have already been answered three times ;) or at leat I hope not...TFthe replies ;)

I think rissole put a review for the kettlercise recently, she really likes it (it's on my Xmas list)
Cast iron bells r less bulky, I noticed that some of the reebok ones don't have flat bottoms so they wouldn't stand up.

On the kworx the warm up and cool is the same every time also each exercise is only recorded once so is the same dialogue each time, I know some ppl just turn the sound down and play there own music.

I can't comment on form as I've only done kettleworx x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning everyone thanks forthe kick went to do wk 5 resistance yest and started to feel sick halfway through so had to stop, think it was a combination of not eating first and my csection scar hurting (not sure why but it always hurts halfway my monthly cycle)
So gonna try repeating today.

Chickadee well done on completing, ur pics are fab!
Biggie I understand ur fear, could u put then in ur album as private that way only mimimin friends have access?
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I didn't realise about the albums being private donzy, that's a good tip!! Aw hope you're feeling a bit better now and you were right to listen to your body and stop!

ok ladies I just couldn't wait ;), I ordered the 6DVD pack from kettleworx, and the DVD just for women because for some odd reason I couldn't have the Basic One delivered to Belgium. It's a shame since it seemed to teach basic moves and I would have enjoyed that. The Reebook kettle seem to be made of iron and not vinyl aren't they ? Anyway now I have to hunt for a kettlebell, but I'm not in a hurry, I want to do the 30 day shred before starting anyway. Delivery time is october for the women DVD and end of september for the kettleworx.

Hi Biggy if you dont want to post photos its ok, do understand :) how about a KW review instead x

H Illa 5kg is a great starting weight, and 7.5 is always good to have as you can see your strength increase quite quickly so awlays good to be challenged. i will echo what the others have said and go for iron bells if you can.
Kettleworx does have its moments, it is true that the same shot of the moves are used throughout the programme with new moves thrown in each week to keep it varied. I really enjoyed KW a great introduction to swinging and results are forthcoming, proven by everyone that has used them on here with some great inch loss results. The beauty is its a 20 min workout so you end up with 18 20min workouts which keeps it interesting and usable for a long period of time.
Kettlercise is good, its the programme i do at class, its a 50 min workout, with a few shorter sessions for when time is more limited, so would recommend
Hope that helps :)

Donzy hope your feeling better, good to hear you gave it a go and totally understand about not being able to do it first thing before eating, the only exercise i can manage in the morning is getting my coffee lol

Illa great to hear :) You wont be disappointed, kettlebells have such a great review and deliver results!

The handle will move in your hand as you work with them, and all bells should have a smooth handle. I have 4 bells, all different manufacturers and I just got used to each one, some handles are a bit wider or have slightly less space between the handle and the ball, but all in all are very similar -personally i like the pink one, but thats just because its a prettier colour than the black lol

Morning Swingers :) That's wk6 Core done and dusted - 3 planks :eek: Ryan - you were being called every name under the sun on the 3rd one (through gritted teeth). :D

Looking forward to Tuesday tea time and WK6 Resistance and then that's me done. Mr Sue will be brandishing his tape measure and I'll update you on Weds. Don't think the world will be ready for my pics, although I'll get him to take another set so I can compare.

The jeans I tried on the other week which I hadn't been able to get on just 6 weeks ago, fit great now and in fact are getting a little loose. Can't see them lasting more than a couple of months before they are too baggy to wear. I can add them to my "around the house" jeans which are great cause when you need the loo you just shimmy and they fall down without you having to undo them! :D Mr Sue sadly has already cottoned onto that though and has perfected the art of creeping up behind me and whoosh they are round my ankles! Well if it keeps him happy ... :D

Catch ya later. Have a lovely Sunday peeps. :)

Sue look at you shimmying all over the place, dont forget to get changed before you pop down the shop lol
Sounds like some great inch loss :) and good to hear Mr Sue has found a new game lmao

Lol sue!!! Men.. What are they like!! My bfs new fav game is pinning me down and tickling my ribs!( torture!) although now I'm a bit stronger I can put up more of a fight lol

Biggie I understand ur fear, could u put then in ur album as private that way only mimimin friends have access?

Good idea, I'll do that. Must add you guys as friends first. Be warned, the changes are "subtle", to say the least and I wasn't very professional in making sure the poses/distances were the exact same each time etc. But would be good if you could cast an eye over them for me and tell me if you see any change!

As for me, I don't see much of a change but I think it's great fun and is helping my overall shape and fitness levels, so I'm going to up the weight and continue. x

Week 3 resistance completed - was quite wobbly, lightheaded during - but thought if i don't do it NOW then i'll be too tired tomorrow lol! So kept at it! Confused though, as I have had a good breakfast already today... maybe it's just tiredness creeping in (i was yawning the whole way through Mr Cheese's instructions, oops!)

Well done everyone! Biggy I'm gonna look at your pics now :) I too am finding I'm not really seeing much difference, and stupidly I think when taking my BEFORE pic I had stood somewhere, then zoomed in... so don't think i'll ever get the same distance again lol!! Will check out ur wonderful pics now :)

xx

Biggy I can honestly say I can see a difference, love handles, saddle bags, etc are definitely reduced, you look leaner, love your side view, your belly looks so much flatter. You can see your legs are slimmer and your butt and thighs esp in the rear view look different.
Thanks for posting, and whether you can see it or not your body shape has changed.
Glad to hear your going to keep swinging as your shape is just going to get better and better x

Yeah Bugs week 3 resistance done, sounds like it was hard work today :( now it's over get yourself relaxed and build up your energy, try and have an afternoon nap x

Good idea, I'll do that. Must add you guys as friends first. Be warned, the changes are "subtle", to say the least and I wasn't very professional in making sure the poses/distances were the exact same each time etc. But would be good if you could cast an eye over them for me and tell me if you see any change!

As for me, I don't see much of a change but I think it's great fun and is helping my overall shape and fitness levels, so I'm going to up the weight and continue. x

Biggy your pictures blew me away!! There is a huge difference!!!! Well done :)

Merci buckets to you all - I felt quite flat/down (also had PMT) yesterday when I saw them, and the difference didn't blow me away, after all my hard work blah blah blah..... But your comments have inspired me to keep going. Glad I posted them now!

I am getting married next yr and would like to get trimmer and neater, not just for the big day, but for the whole bride season, honeymoon, general confidence and health. Kron, special thanks to you - I had never heard of kb before stumbling upon this thread.

Seriously Biggy, there is nothing 'subtle' about the change!!! I think we are harsher on ourselves but trust us when we say there is a huge change in your shape! Have you dropped a size? You've spurred me on to keep going with round 2 now :) I did res yesterday and my sides are aching today from the disco side bends/ windmills! Also my shins hurt really bad lol not had that for a while!!

Back