Secret to shaping up

Well done Sofar!! You'll soon start seeing great results!

Thanks for your advice Kron :)

I agree Sweet, you do get much better at the exercises as the weeks progress.

I did my last workout for week 3 today. I must admit I didn't enjoy it today. I was in the wrong frame of mind though. I was hoping to have got to goal this week, as I only had 1lb to go, but instead I put on 1.5lb, so not impressed. :-(
At least I know I am losing inches!! :)

I'm finding most of the exercises getting easier as the weeks progress though I did core yesterday & fast abs this morning & this morning I found the seated figure 8 challenging... strangely the plank was fine!!! :eek:

I'm hoping to do week 3 cardio tomorrow which I never look forward to so hopefully it wont be as bad as I imagine :eek:

I lost 2lbs this week which I was glad to see as my losses have slowed a bit but like you say we are losing inches & its the lost inches that people see rather than the numbers on the scales. I'm sure you'll be no time at all hitting your target & just think how trim & toned that you will look

I am nearing the end of 30 Day Shred so was finally looking to buy Kettleworx Essentials, and join you all, but....it's out of stock at the moment. I'll try again when I have finished the 30 Day Shred (next Thursday). Sounds like you're all getting great results x

If anybody is looking to get a 5kg kettlebell, Argos have them in the sale, reduced from £14.99 to £4.99.

If anybody is looking to get a 5kg kettlebell, Argos have them in the sale, reduced from £14.99 to £4.99.

Thanks Shazz. At that price it would be mad not to get one ;)

Hi ladies I have been and got my kettlebell from Argos today can anyone recommend a workout dvd or download. Thanks

Karen

hi all, this is all so inspiring that I did some research and also just purchased a kettlebell in Argos and spent most of last night researching rountines and excercises and techniques.
And I started off this morning with the following I did each excercise 3 times:
1. 2 handed swing * 20
2. round the body *20 left + *20 right
3. basketball pass *20 (also called larry something)
4. meet the queen *20

took me a while to get into them as I was trying get the form right and to play and pause the routine on you-tube. I'm sure i'll get quicker.

but my question is...do you think this is an ok routine? should I get a DVD or 2 for better routines and just use the internet for addons when I know what i'm doing?

also the plank is mentioned loads here, is this just the regular plank you do in pilates classes or is it some variation with the kettle bell?

oh and I took my measurements last night before i started, hoping to see some inch loss in conjunction with keeping up the weight loss with WW.
thanks.

I really look forward to getting home from work and checking out this thread - wow some great stuff happening :)

Shazz - I am sorry you gained, but you have achieved in other wayss, and i know you will be at target very soon - get focused on that sister goal :)
That argos deal is superb - thanks for posting

gettingfit - it wont be long until your using that 5 so it wont have been a wasted trip to the attic :)

hoping - i think its great hubby is doing it too :) just dont hit each other lol
You should manage a 5 if used to a 4, some will be tough :)

owls - I will find my post which identifies some dvds, but let me now if you find something you fancy

woodsette - welcome, i will find my post that identified some basic instructional links which will be helpful, I have added some reps to wprk towards
Its up to you whether you get a dvd or make your own routine, depends on what you need to motivate you, I always do some of my own for quick short sessions, but tend to steer away from some of the harder ones, or do lower reps lol
Youve done some good exercises, so great start :)
Hannah - you sound disappointed you werent hurting lol - it will happen :)

Sweet - yeah 2lb down, I knew it would catch up with you. booo cardio lol. Your getting stronger, I hope you are seeing improvements in your other exercises as well

biggysmalls - thats a shame, hope they come soon. good luck with your shred :)

Keep swing :)

woodsette - post number 178 for instructional links
owls - post number 7 for dvd ideas
:)

hello ladies, i came accross this thread by accident today and its inspired me to give it a try lol.

used to post here a few years ago but im back now a little bit heavier :wave_cry:. need to lose 1.5st and also am VERY wobbly so my question is will i still lose the lbs aswell as tone up using kettlebells?

ive ordered this dvd from amazon and wonder waht you might think of it please ladies? Coach Me Slim Kettlebell DVD Beginner & Intermediate With Workout & Diet Booklet: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

ive also ordered a 5kg weight too woohoo!
will aim to start it in a week as i have bronchitis atm so dont feel up to much tbh :sick: x

Hoping I have that one yes it's good :) enjoy
Let us know how you get on

Hoping wow :) that's a huge inch loss well done you.
I truly believe the bells will get you some great results to add onto your already fantastic achievement :)

Hi foodfairy welcome.
I have had a look at that DVD but couldn't find any more information than shown on amazon, it could be good. You would have to be the first to write a review, sorry but I really don't know

Thanks for link to kettleworx site, sweet pink. You really are sweet! I had tried that earlier but when i actually clicked on it to place an order, it was coming up as out of stock. I'll try again tomorrow when Im at my computer. Right now i am lying in bed, totally exhausted after a very long busy day, made even more intense by my insisting on squeezing in B210k and shred......
I am really looking forward to starting kettlebells soon. I have noticed some change in my shape with shred but sadly i have not lost inches (yet) which is what i really want.
As for running, i really enjoy it now most days. I think it has become a habit!
Shred is good for fitness but i always dread doing it, so long term i wouldn't be optimistic about the chances of me keeping it up.

Biggysmalls - I did shred and must admit some days I dreaded it! I really enjoy kettleworx as you start seeing results very quickly, which is a huge motivator.

I am suffering after week 3 resistance!!! It hit me as soon as I got out of bed this morning....ouch!! Must be a good sign. I have 4 friends that have now been and bought Kettleworx, so no wonder stocks are low. Kron you should be paid commission, lol

I'm going for a run this morning, then going to do fast abs :)

Hi eatwell hope your feeling ok after your first session with sarah and her ironcore :)
You may be gripping the bell a bit too tight, but the handle will move in your hand,so as with anything they will get used to it. if needed wear a light pair of gloves, or even a bit of talc on your palms will reduce the friction

biggysmalls - what dedication to get B210k and shred done even tho your so tired, hope you had a good sleep and feeling better today

Hi Shazz - hope the ache subsides a bit for you. Great news about your friends getting into it - you must have really inspired them, Ryan will be planning a trip to the UK soon to see whats going on with his sales over here lol. Hope you have a great run, the weather looks awful today so i hope you dont get caught in a downpour. have fun with fast abs :)

i have to go do the groceries and hoping to swing later - horrible * week for me - I thought when you got to my age this foolishness would stop lol at least the belly ache is gone this morning, so may get a light session in later

Shazzabir said:

Thanks Shazz, I've reserved one and will pick it up today. Fantastic price! BTW, I have been following this thread with interest; and the results you all report are pretty amazing! I'm currently doing the Shred and plan the C25K, then Kettlebells!

Still waiting for my Kettleworx programme to arrive, ordered it a week ago from ideal world. I'm really impatient as I cannot wait to start!

trimlee said:
Thanks Shazz, I've reserved one and will pick it up today. Fantastic price! BTW, I have been following this thread with interest; and the results you all report are pretty amazing! I'm currently doing the Shred and plan the C25K, then Kettlebells!

That's great. I think you have a great fitness plan. I found the shred helped with some of the moves on kettleworx and C25k did great for my fitness levels.

Back