Secret to shaping up

Kron: hope your belly ache goes soon :)
Think your right they will be wondering what is happening with Uk sales!!

Week One completed and my set of ebay KBs have now arrived!! Whoop!!

Really enjoyed the cario today - got a great sweat on for a 20 min workout.

So pleased you started this thread Kron!! Thank you!! xx

Hi shazz - thanks i will be fine, always get a couple of days of pain and exhaustion - gosh i am a grump lol, should be used to it by now :)

Hannah - yeah, glad your enjoying :) will make a difference using your heavy lol
I am extremely pleased that people have seen this type of exercise and are giving it a try, no denying the results :) thank you

Gettingfit - lol great find. bless him :) just shows how short the exercises are, and your working every body part. Hope you get them soon if you have decided to take the plunge - appears stocks are low - wonder how that happened ;)

That sounds a great idea Gettingfit!!!! :)

Gettingfit :) good for you and what a great idea hope they come soon

Well last night seeing as it was pouring with rain here I decided to do a bit of freestyle with the kettlebells & really enjoyed just having a play with them. It must have done me good coz I'm feling the burn today. I was hoping to get out for a run later but its still pouring so will put that off until tomorrow & do week 3 cardio instead :D I really need to keep losing those inches as I bought an outfit for a wedding I'm going to at the end of the summer & bought a size smaller :eek: so let the hardwork begin!!!!!

Sweet you will get into your outfit you've started loosing inches, and you will continue to do so :)

Freestyle is good, I am glad you had a play it's a great way to slip in a couple of targeted exercises, little workout or add in some new moves

After having unwittingly given myself a huge caffeine boost I did some freestyle, only low impact light stuff for me today - windmills, one legged deadlift etc :) got Pavel DVD out and selected the exercises I wanted. Hopefully do his DVD tomorrow haven't used it for a while and his instruction is top notch :)

all this is making me want a kettlebell! they sound like a good addition to my "home gym"

Hoping that's the one. He provides reps on most with 100s on swings yeah right lol down to 5 reps on others.
I just pause on some of them to get some more reps in I.e. Turkish get up, I aim to get 10 each side, but the one legged deadlift I do until the next one comes on.
Pavel is fantastic for technique, taking his advice on board will up your results.
Not having it done it for a while let me give it a go and I will suggest reps on the ones he may omit to specify
Great pick ;)

Gina you know it's the right thing to do :)will be a great addition to everything else you do

Gina you know it's the right thing to do :)will be a great addition to everything else you do

ill definatly look into them! seems like a very good investment.

ill have a play with the ones in the gym first though :)

Gina -play safe lol
Great way to try before you buy, if your gym has them you can do it for free, once you get the basics there are loads of exercises you can do, whether it's fat burn or muscle definition you are after the bells will get you results :)

muscle definitian :D

i have a 5kg handweight and it feels very light to me :( theres a weights store near my work, they have kettlebells in the window

Gina you may need heavier due to your current fitness level, if you want to practice some moves check out the basic instruction links I posted. Although hand weights don't work as effectively as a bell you could use it as a practice just to see how you get on.
I need to move up and will be getting a 10kg soon, tho I expect I will drop down on some exercises ;)

I'm going to do resistance tonight instead of cardio as I decided to go for a run between showers (bad idea coz I got soaked!!) Hubby says hes going to try it with me tonight so he is having the girly 3kg & I'm taking the 4kg!!!! :cool:

Kron, that dress will fit like a glove should it be the last thing I do!!!! I'm going to continue to do the kettleworx 3 times a week & then do a bit of freestyle on the other days along with running.. I quite like the sound of the From Russia with tough love dvd so might have a look at it to help me improve my technique too

Sweet it should be a fun workout with hubby, the first time mine did it I was laughing hearing all the grunts it was so funny :) and then after I teased him for using the baby bell lol

The link is for the advanced version, I did get this and it is tougher and quicker :) works on the same principles so could be used. My hubby refuses to do this one, keeps on the first version although he could do it if he wasn't such a wimp lol

He did core week 2 last night as his pick, but was still grunting so loud I could hear him downstairs bless :)

Pavel is one of the most respected kb instructors in the world
In Russia with Tough Love he uses Andrea Du Cane top Russian and D C Maxwell top USA female kb to demonstrate exercises.
18 exercises are shown. He incorporates breathing techniques, on a couple the girls stand on boxes to get deeper, but I just cupped kb in my hands so knuckles touched the floor -after a few goes lol
He doesn't do the reps with you, just teaches you correct form, so you can set your own reps and routines.
He is Russian, very dry sense of humour, no music, no gimmicks
I watched in awe when after working through each exercise laying on the floor knackered lol there are some clips of him doing some strength moves he is amazing.
For some fantastic coaching I would recommend this one, there are other cheaper DVDs that may do this, but if you want to get taught by the best, go for it

Back