Secret to shaping up

Hi Vixs
10lb = 4.5kg
so 5kg = just over 11lbs

Yikes, may have to go a little lighter. I have dumbells in 6, 8 and 10lbs and I struggle with the 6 and 8s. Can't even attempt 10lbs.

:)
Bells are used differently to dumbells, although you will do shoulder presses at times. The additional weight is great for swings and other cardio moves, some of the time your just holding the bell while doing squats, or holding it in one hand over your head as you complete windmills etc so it is difficult to compare.
Just give it a go, you might surprise yourself :) and if you really struggle after a couple of goes, then think about moving down in weight. your strength will increase quite quickly, just give yourself some time to get used to the moves

gettingfit - great news :)
You will have to let us know how you get on as this dvd may be of interest to others. Hope to have an update on tuesday :)

Ah cool, did she give you a review of it? Mine should come tuesday with any luck yay!

i've been reading your thread but not contributing ................got my 5kg bell reserved at argos and am watching some dvds on ebay, so will be able to hopefully give it a try soon!

No running today (pouring with rain again!!! :mad:) so week 3 cardio for me later!!! I surprisingly feel great this morning. I still feel yesterdays workout but in a nice way. I think from now on if I'm going to run & do kettleworx on the sameday I'll do the kettleworx first as I find it tougher!!! ;) Really determined this week so really going at the exercise & enjoying 'playing' with my kettlebells in between workouts too!!! :D

Swinging in the rain
Lol great being able to get your workout done whatever the weather

Sweet, loving your drive really positive :)

Gettingfit hope you had good swing today :)

Xalexx welcome, glad you said hi, please let us know how your getting on, any questions, problems don't hesitate to ask :)

thanks Kron. i'll be getting my kettlebell tomorrow from argos. my target areas are my bingo wings, lower stomach and inner thigh - so if you can recomend any moves, prior to me getting a dvd sorted, that would be great

Hi xalexx look at post number 178 for some basic instruction moves and a good way to get used to using it so your up and running when you get your DVD :)

Lol comrade hoping, but I am not worthy, I have seen him use 45-50kg bells as if they were feathers his strength is amazing :)

I didn't mention that your swings can be split, doing each position one after another would be hard I.e 30 2 handed swing, windmill, 30 right hand, squats, 30 left hand, deadlift, etc
Work towards suggested reps, then set a new target :)

Thats week 3 cardio done & week 3 completed!!!! Loving the new moves like the gun slinger & the one handed squat to upright row!!! I think cardio was my favourite this week!!! Core was a definite favourite the 1st week & resistance last week so looking forward to starting week 4 now!!! Going to do a freestyle session tomorrow or maybe a fast abs along with my run & then week 4 core on tuesday all being well :D

Great to see so many new faces joining the thread too. You will definitely not be disappointed. Just half way through & I can see such a change in my body shape its unbelievable even though I only really feel like I'm getting the hang of it now :D

Well done- week 4 is good. I think I may need to practice doing the moves as the reps on the iron core DVD are short. I will practice several with repeated reps in order to learn the moves more quickly. I don't get any ache at all so hope I am doing it right. It does make me sweat though.

Ouuuu I can't wait to start! Have taken pictures today of myself-fullon,back and from the side so can't wait to see the after results once I reach target weight and I'm all tight and not wobbly anymore lol

Thats week 3 cardio done & week 3 completed!!!! Loving the new moves like the gun slinger & the one handed squat to upright row!!! I think cardio was my favourite this week!!! Core was a definite favourite the 1st week & resistance last week so looking forward to starting week 4 now!!! Going to do a freestyle session tomorrow or maybe a fast abs along with my run & then week 4 core on tuesday all being well :D

Great to see so many new faces joining the thread too. You will definitely not be disappointed. Just half way through & I can see such a change in my body shape its unbelievable even though I only really feel like I'm getting the hang of it now :D

Sweet :)
Well done, i am ecstatic for you that you are seeing results already, thats how it worked for me :)

i hated the gunslinger lol, if you like combo moves try this in freestyle
clean down into squat, up into press, into windmill back to clean, drop low swing to switch hands, repeat on alternate sides a great all over and hits core :)
Not for beginners!

Hi eatwell, are you doing the full set of reps on each one?

foodfairy I wish i had done more measurements right at the start of my journey, think its good idea

Gettingfit lol
I don't have many before photos always tried to get of being in one :) I don't have many after photos either lol ingrained habit to hide

Sweet :)
Well done, i am ecstatic for you that you are seeing results already, thats how it worked for me :)

i hated the gunslinger lol, if you like combo moves try this in freestyle
clean down into squat, up into press, into windmill back to clean, drop low swing to switch hands, repeat on alternate sides a great all over and hits core :)
Not for beginners!

That sounds like fun!!! I'm really feeling the burn in my legs & butt tonight so goodness only knows what it'll feel like in the morning.. Might have to be an abs day!!!! :eek:

I'm feeling a really nice ache this morning so I'm going to try the freestyle Kron recommended & then out for a run later which I find loosens me up again nicely :D

gettingfit :) great news, they could be here any time now

Sweet, I love that achy feeling, not pain just a tightness that lets you know you have muscles. hope your workout today was enjoyable :)

omg I had the biggest bit of chocolate cake - with peanut butter type filling it was far too nice, brought in by a new lady on a different team she cut me a slab, so i wll be working extra hard at class tonight :) I know I could have refused but.... lol

Back