Secret to shaping up

Thats great Hollie. When are you planning your first workout? :)

Tonight if all goes to plan and the kids behave :)

I bought the 5kg kettlebell from argos that was on offer as well. Which should I use to start off with, the 5lb that came with the kettleworxs set or the 5kg?

Shazz I found with the side planks that it was my ankle that hurt digging into the floor as my yoga mat wasnt long enough!!! :eek:

Hollie, good luck with your workout tonight. If you start with the 5lbs & find it too light you can always swap to the 5kg or if you start with the 5kg & find it tough swap to the lighter one to finish.

i did a lauren brookes quick kettlebell workout (10 min vid on youtube - can post link if people want?) tonight. it recommended repeating 5 times but i only did it 3 times as it was my first go with kettlebell. i was sweating! i cant believe how quick it got my heart rate up!

Hi All :)

Hannah glad your enjoying it, you have a good range of weights so can swap around on exercises if needed. The more challenging it is the faster the results :)

Shazz, hope you found it be bit better to work with than you did :) I dont think I ever managed to do the side planks I ended up doing another exercise whenever it came on after doing a couple, I will have to give it a go now and see if I can do more than 2 lol

Sweet yeah a 5 :) I knew you would be able to do it, it does make sense that it seems a bit easier, having some additional weight seems to make you able to control it better.

Gettingfit perhaps tomorrrow, delivery man came to mine today and left a card - sorry we missed you, only deliver Mon - Fri, I work Mon - Fri. I had already booked Friday off to go buy some clothes, so looks like i will be stuck waiting for it to arrive :(

Hollie fantastic :) You can start with whichever you want Starting the first couple with your 5lb will let you get used to handling the bell but aim to get up to the 5kg as soon as you can. Hope the kids behave

Cleogin yeah so pleased you enjoyed it and could feel it working, I love core :)

Foodfairy booo, how disappointing, it shouldnt be too much longer

Alex, that would be great :) 3 times, that is pretty good going for a first attempt

Just completed week 1 cardio.. Wow!! I was really shocked at how much it gets the heart rate going.. Which order do u do the kettleworxs programme, is it best to do resistance or core next? Or doesn't it matter, sorry for all the questions :)

Ive just completed week 2 core. Have to say I prefer resistance and cardio to core, feel like im working harder, but each to our own I suppose!! x

[

Hi Hollie, you can do them in any order, then stick with it, I hope that was a good wow :)

Hi Sofartogo hope your enjoying it and getting the feel of the bell, I still don't like cardio lol

OMG...!!! I hurt everywhere!!!! Big daddy bell to blame! I will now stay at 7.5kg until the end of the program. :)

I'm aching today after my first session and I only used a 5lb kettlebell so I can only imagine how you feel after using a 7.5kg :)

I have spin class in an hour and not looking forward to it now lol

Oh Shazz I hope youre not suffering too much. Well done though for going to stick with it the rest of the programme. I'm sure you will get fab results. :)

I feel ok today after using my 5kg for week 4 core yesterday so much so that I done fast abs 2 before breakfast this morning which I thought was easier than the 1st session. Going to do my best to use my 5kg from now on & maybe get a heavier one next month. Shazz did you find the jump from 5kg to 7.5kg ok??

I'm aching today after my first session and I only used a 5lb kettlebell so I can only imagine how you feel after using a 7.5kg :)

I have spin class in an hour and not looking forward to it now lol

Well done for completing your 1st session & hope youre ok for your spin class later :)

Hello lovely ladies (and gents?) , I quite fancy the idea of a kettle bell workout- would someone who has seen results doing this post on here and tell me how many times a week, at what level, and what kind of exercises you do?
I'm having a look for some of the kettleworx weights, but am unsure where to start! :p
Thankyou in advance :)
Claire

Hello lovely ladies (and gents?) , I quite fancy the idea of a kettle bell workout- would someone who has seen results doing this post on here and tell me how many times a week, at what level, and what kind of exercises you do?
I'm having a look for some of the kettleworx weights, but am unsure where to start! :p

Thankyou in advance :)
Claire

Since starting the kettleworx programme (I'm just past the halfway point) I have to date (I measured just before this post!!) lost

3.5 inches from my waist
3 inches from my hips
1.5 inches from my upper arms
0.5 inches from my calf
1.5 inches from just above knee

I have to point out though that I am also currently doing C25k so run 3 times a week as well.

I would definitely recommend that you get some kind of dvd to follow & familiarise yourself with the movements. I know that I have to visually see them to know how to do them correctly. I chose to get the kettleworx programme which is 3 20 minute workouts a week which is easy to fit in. I do have a play with the KB in between on my running days trying out some new moves etc usually for around 20-30 minutes but it isnt as high paced as the workouts so it gives me a chance to work on good form.

Sweet, those results are awesome!! I'm looking to start c2k soon too, Has it helped with weight loss?

Ok, so the kettleworx program is easy to get hold of. What sized weights do you use? And do you only need one weight?
I assume they don't have to be any particular brand, there are some cheap ones around. Thanks for your help anyway :)
And WELL DONE, those inch losses are fantastic! X

Sweet, those results are awesome!! I'm looking to start c2k soon too, Has it helped with weight loss?

To be honest I'm hitting a bit of a plateau with the weightloss at the minute but I do feel that the exercise (both C25K & KB) are helping. I think the fact that I'm losing inches even when the scales arent always shifting keeps me on track. Plus all the exercise is giving me soo much energy that I feel better than I have felt in a very long time.

Good luck with C25k. The first week is the hardest so stick with it & it will get easier from there on in :)

Back