Secret to shaping up

Ok, so the kettleworx program is easy to get hold of. What sized weights do you use? And do you only need one weight?
I assume they don't have to be any particular brand, there are some cheap ones around. Thanks for your help anyway :)
And WELL DONE, those inch losses are fantastic! X

You can buy the kettleworx programme on kettleworx.co.uk or on amazon (though I think it is out of stock at the moment on there) but it is easy enough to get hold of online. Weights wise I would definitely recommend a cast iron weight over vinyl having had both. I started with a 3kg & have worked my way up gradually & now use a 5kg but thats more down to what you feel comfortable with. Maybe pop into your local sports shop & have a look & pick them up to see what you think would suit you best. Argos have a 5kg one on offer at the minute for just £4.99 too which is worth getting even if you dont want to start off at that weight you'll be using it befre you know it :)

Claire, I bought my Kettleworxs set off idealworld shopping channel, if you google it it should come up. I paid 39.99 for mine..

Thanks sweet, will give it a go and see how I get on :)

Hi everyone

Sweet - 10 inches lost and just starting week 4 that is absolutley fantastic, and now on your 5, I know you will see more inches melting away :)

Shazz, hope your feeling a bit better as the day has gone on, greatt hat your going to keep using it - fight thru the pain :) you have a sister target :)
Gettingfit, glad your dvd came and you got your first workout done. How sweet your hubby buying you get get fit flip flops, he sounds like he is supportive of your journey - mines just scared cos I can wrestle him into submission with my new found strength lol

Hollie it can be a it of a shock to the muscles when doing the bells, but hope its a good pain so you feel like you have worked out :) the 5kg will be a bit of a killer to start with, but it does ease I promise

Hi Clairebear 1000, welcome, hope you find all the information you need about kettlebells on this thread, both Sweet and Shazz started at the same time, and as you can see are getting great results :)

Thanks Kron. I'm totally addicted to KB's now so can totally understand why you were so passionate about them at the beginning of this thread. I watched the fast burn dvd this afternoon to see what it was like so am going to give it a go on friday which will be my next running day. Tomorrow though is the dreaded cardio.. to be honest though I'm even looking forward to it in a strange way!!! :eek:

Sweet :)
They are great, glad to hear you have the Kettlebell bug, they are painfully fun at times lol
Fast burn is a good cardio workout and in half the time!

I have just done kettleworx core week 4 :)
Joined in when hubby was doing them, as no kb class tonight - instructor on holiday
I had to use the 6 as he had the 8, so got a chance to do those butt lift side planks, and yes I could actually do the whole set, amazing when I couldn't do 2 lifts when i started it, and ended up doing a totally different exercise whenever it came on
I did a few modified (harder) versions of some of the exercises to make it a bit more challenging

Sweet :)
They are great, glad to hear you have the Kettlebell bug, they are painfully fun at times lol
Fast burn is a good cardio workout and in half the time!

I have just done kettleworx core week 4 :)
Joined in when hubby was doing them, as no kb class tonight - instructor on holiday
I had to use the 6 as he had the 8, so got a chance to do those butt lift side planks, and yes I could actually do the whole set, amazing when I couldn't do 2 lifts when i started it, and ended up doing a totally different exercise whenever it came on
I did a few modified (harder) versions of some of the exercises to make it a bit more challenging

I really enjoyed week 4 core!!! Those butt lift side planks are deadly though. I managed to do 6 on each side but by the last set I was struggling!!! :eek:

I finish 30 Day Shred tomorrow (Hallejuaaaaaahhhhhh!) so I am going to buy kettleworx now, might not get to start for a while yet as I am going on hols. Thanks to you all for the inspiration, results, tips and photos x

Biggysmalls
Great to hear you've made it through the shred tomorrow, hope your feeling really good :) look forward to seeing how you get on with the bell when your ready, hope you have a great time on holiday - and the weather is nicer lol

Sweet doing 6 is superb, you beat me :)

Sweet: what fantastic results!! I think my inch loss has now slowed down, but my muscles are now pretty solid all over.

Kron: I hope you are very proud of yourself for the inspiration and motivation you have given us. Thank you. :)

I am about to do Resistance week 4. I did notice a difference going up to 7.5, Sweet, but not half as much as when I first started using the 7.5 the first time. I feel the burn more in my muscles, which I must admit I do like. :)

Well done on the shred Biggysmalls !!!!

Sweet: what fantastic results!! I think my inch loss has now slowed down, but my muscles are now pretty solid all over.

Kron: I hope you are very proud of yourself for the inspiration and motivation you have given us. Thank you. :)

I am about to do Resistance week 4. I did notice a difference going up to 7.5, Sweet, but not half as much as when I first started using the 7.5 the first time. I feel the burn more in my muscles, which I must admit I do like. :)

I've just done week 4 cardio which wasnt too bad though I am feeling it a bit in my arms already :eek: What was the resistance like?

I cant wait until my muscles are at the solid stage though I really notice myself firming up especially in my arms & outer thighs. My core is definitely getting stronger & thankfully the inches are going so hopefully eventually I'll be able to see some definition in it :D

Hurrah my packages finally arrived woo hoo! Will have to get a lower weight bell tho as I could hardly lift the 5kg weight with 1 hand so I'll deffo struggle with that one. Aiming to start monday yay:)

Hi :)

Shazz, for me this has been a truly fantastic time, I know I am a bit potty over the bells lol but being able to share my success and be a part of your journey taking on a new experience has been very satisfying. I smile whenever I think of this thread :)
Hope WI goes well tomorrow

Hoping loving your enthusiasm, i know people that spin, and they say their legs are like jelly after :) glad your enjoying

Sweet you will get there :)

Gettingfit have you tried swapping the bell pending the exercise your doing, start off with the light one and as you learn the move try upping, you can always swap down ;) Some sizes are harder to find, I know when I was searching for my metal 10 I had a bit of a hard time loads of 8s and 12s

foodfairy great news, hope you can let us know how you get on when you start :)

Hubby told me to order the 4kg off Amazon.I always do what he tells me ;)

It won't be here till end of next week.I'm in no hurry seeing my dvd's aren't here yet.

I like your hubby :)

Gettingfit your such a good wife :) I will have to play housewife tomorrow waiting for the postman lol

Week 1 resistance complete, I have to say I'm loving it so far.. I started using the 5kg one tonight for some of the moves as well. Stroll on core :)

I measured my inches tonight and looks like I've lost 4 inches over the last 10 days :)

Just completed kettleworx week2 resistance. x

WOW sofartogo that is fabulous work, I bet you were very happy with that result :)

sofartogo fantastic :) really pleased for you, whats week 6 going to show :)

hollie really glad your enjoying it, great your using your 5 sounds like you have got a good feel of the bell already :)

Back