Secret to shaping up

Kron I have a wedding to go to in 5 weeks time and really want to wear a dress but I don't like my arms!! As well as doing the kettleworxs 6 week programme can you recommend any kettlebell exercises to target my bingo wings so I don't have to cover them up? Also can I really make that much of a difference in 5 weeks?

Hi Kron :)

This is such an interesting thread. Im really interested in getting a kettle bell. Just the last few days Ive been kind of improvising with 2 dumbells. Doing the squats ect. I can feel it working but am puffed after 5 mins.

You are a real inspiration and look forward to getting a kettlebell as soon as Im able to. In the mean time Ill look up a couple of the links that you`ve posted.

Thanks again and hope Ill shed some inches too. I cant believe how much it gets the heart pumping and Ive not even got the proper tool for the job yet lol :D x

I didn't hit goal again, but I have lost another inch from my tummy!!!! So im quite pleased. My results so far are:
B - 1"
W - 3"
T - .5"

Which considering I am almost at goal, 4.5" is quite a lot. :)

Sofar: Fantastic result!!!!!

Kron I have a wedding to go to in 5 weeks time and really want to wear a dress but I don't like my arms!! As well as doing the kettleworxs 6 week programme can you recommend any kettlebell exercises to target my bingo wings so I don't have to cover them up? Also can I really make that much of a difference in 5 weeks?

Hi Hollie, I believe you can make a difference in 5 weeks, you can lose inches in that space of time :)

Try some of these to help tone your arms - check out my basic moves links to look at the moves

Whenever you have the bell overhead, imagine there is a hook an inch above your reach and stretch yor arm up to it

bell on floor in front of your toes, squat to pick up with right hand, into clean, into shoulder press, back to clean, back to floor repeat - aim for 20 each side - this will do your butt, legs and obliques as well

Halo - hold ball of bell with both hands and circle around your head, bell in front of face around your head - imagine the bell is the moon circling your head as if its the earth. keep abs tight

Hold bell in both hands, arms straight down in front, keeping arms straight draw a big O by moving the bell around, over your head and down to start position, imagine your standing in front of a wall, as you get back to start, reverse the O - aim for 20 each way

Hold bell by ball in both hands and curl up to your chin, keep elbows tucked into ribs, then push straight up overhead, let bell drop slowly behind your head, keep elbows tucked by your ears, reverse, aim to do 20+. When i do this I do 30 seconds of the above then 30 seconds of just curls, then 30 seconds of the above, then 30 seconds of the behind head curls, trying to get as many reps in of each 30 seconds, try and squeeze the bell whilst doing these

kickbacks, lean sightly forward, back straight, bell in one hand elbow bent, slowly straigten arm behind you, reverse aim for 20 each side

lay down and do press move pushing bell up to the ceiling - again reach for that hook, keep abs tight as you counteract the weight on that side, you can also do a fly move, arm extended straight out at the side and move arm up to overhead and back - you may need to bend the same side leg as the bell and put foot on floor to stop your body twisting

I hope these are helpful, please let me know if I have not explained a move well. Do these at any time, throw a few in while waiting for your bath to run for example.

Hi trying again welcome, I saw your post and that you had been directed here so glad youve joined us. I hope you enjoy having a practice. They reckon kbs burn 20 cals per minute, and you will continue to burn calories even at rest :)

Shazz oh booo for not getting target, how frustrating!
Another inch from your waist :) 4 1/2 inches is great considering your at target (nearly) tightening it all up :)

Gettingfit - does your hubby have a brother lol i want to be spoiled :)
25 years wow well done, it will be interesting to see what he thinks when he comes home at the weekends as to whether he can see a difference
hee hee i can just imagine you practicing windmills while beeping stuff thru the till. I must admit that I have done squats and waist bends while i clean my teeth, deadlift move when picking something up off the floor etc so I knw what you mean.
Nasty manager, why are some people like this? I find being supportive and positive gets the most out of people, i am glad that your able to focus on something positive now - who would have thought exercising could bring such a warm and fuzzy feeling, since i have shaped up, I think my confidence has grown and i do feel like a can tackle the world :)
Really glad you like this thread, as this is the first time i have done this forum thingy, i am over the moon at how well its going - look forward to hearing your results on Monday

my big daddy kb has just arrived :)
the postman said 'are you ok - careful its heavy' lol as i tightened my core and took it off him with ease :)
So I do get to go clothes shopping today - result

My great news is that the scales have finally caught up with my inch loss & I've lost 4 1/2 lbs this week!!!!! I can hardly believe it!!! I had to check at least a dozen times to make sure my scales werent faulty!!!!! :eek:

Shazz, well done on losing more inches!!! Like Kron said when youre at target youre really tightening up those muscles!!!!

Sofartogo, fantastic inch losss in just 10 days. Well done

Hollie, you'll be looking fab in 5 weeks & there wont be a bingo wing in sight!!! ;) I have a wedding in 6 weeks time (exactly 1 year since I started losing weight!!) & I've made a promise to myself that I am going to look fab in my dress to mark the occassion & for the wedding of course!!! lol

Kron, I would love to have seen your postmans face went you easily lifted he package from him!!!! lol I'm sure you'll be swinging daddybell with ease in no time at all. I cant believe how quickly I have adjusted to my 5kg. I'm already looking at getting a heavier one for the swings!!! :eek:

Gettingfitatfifty, I agree that the kettlebells have given me a real interest too. I even find myself practising my form when I'm cooking tea at night!!! lol

My youngest son is due home 5.30pm today and I haven't seen him since 30th may.Will be interesting to see if he says anything.Althou they are to polite to comment in case they upset me.

My KettleWorx dvd's are here.:wee:

That is me hiding for the weekend to read and watch before I start on Monday.:)

Thats fantastic news!!! I bet you have a go before monday though ;)

I've just done the 1st workout on the Fast Fat Burn..... ouch!!!!!! Feeling the burn already & still got to go for a jog later :eek:

Wow Sweet Pink! proud of you!! I bought the 5k bell from Argos Sale and am waiting on dvds now. (Got them on Ideal World)

I have been busy recently with visitors and I was determined to finish Shred (which I hated) and to keep up with Bridge to 10k (which I really like). But I finally took my new bell out of its box last night, thinking it would be a monster, and I found it not too heavy at all really. I reckon my handbag must weight as much at times! Keep up great work, everyone. Your advice and support is FAB!

Wow Sweet Pink! proud of you!! I bought the 5k bell from Argos Sale and am waiting on dvds now. (Got them on Ideal World)

I have been busy recently with visitors and I was determined to finish Shred (which I hated) and to keep up with Bridge to 10k (which I really like). But I finally took my new bell out of its box last night, thinking it would be a monster, and I found it not too heavy at all really. I reckon my handbag must weight as much at times! Keep up great work, everyone. Your advice and support is FAB!

I'm having visions of us standing at the bus stop or waiting in a queue somewhere practising with our handbags as kettlebells!!!!!!:D

Hi all
I actually laughed out loud catching up with the posts - Sweet, hilarious getting visions of 'bag' swinging at the bus stop :) 4 1/2 lbs really pleased for you

I found a dress :) it is extremely figure hugging, and i look great! Not that I am blowing my own trumpet - well i am - but considering this time last year I was a size 16, and it wouldnt have fit over my head lol I am really happy. I have a day off on Wednesday, so will be hitting the high street to pick up a couple more bits

Done the weekly shop too, so now having my lunch then getting housework done and going to have a play with my new bell :)

Hi all - I am on day 21 of the shred and nearly ready to move on- I have ordered the kettleworx essential DVDs from amazon and need to get my kettlebell.. I have reserved a 5kg from Argos ( on sale) do you think that it will be too heavy to start with ??

Also what DVDs should I start with .... All you ladies are doing soooo well and every one of you are inspirational !!!

Hi Pretika, as your doing shred I think you will be ok with a 5 :) you can start with any of them, I started with core. Good luck with shred and hope to see you swinging when youve done it :)

I am away on my hols tomorrow. I will miss the kbs. Let's hope I don't binge too much. This thread really motivates me, thanks everyone. I will be back and look forward to reading about all your good work.

Sweet- Fantastic weightloss!! Gosh I have just realised, we only have two weeks left!?? What are your thoughts for after? I'm not sure where to try a different DVD, or to start again with Daddybell. What do you think is best Kron?

Gettingfit- good luck for Monday, you will see some fab results!!

Kron, great news about the dress, bet you look fab!!

Biggysmalls - Hope your dvd's turn up soon!!

Eatwell- Have a good holiday. I am away this w/e and next w/e and I was trying to think of a way I could sneak my bell in. If I emptied the contents of my handbag hubbie probably wouldn't notice!!

Hi shazz :) hope you have a great weekend, as our handbags are heavier than our bells by all accounts,i dont think hubby will notice lol
I bought the kettleworx advanced, spurred on by the body changes I had with the original, it is harder and quicker and does give another 18 workouts, but you could just redo the original. I have collected a few more dvds my only problem is most only have one routine, and i think having a variety of workouts keeps it fresh and challenging. At least when special occassions come, you can always ask for kb dvds :) I have a few on wishlist on Amazon

gettingfit - sun where? lol hope you have a great weekend, bet its nice having your son home :) use your 3 on Monday, will be a great way to start and you will get to know some of the moves by the time your 4 gets here - have a great weekend

eatwell - hope you have a great holiday - enjoy

I had a play with my 10 yesterday, just some freestyle to get the feel - omg it seems really heavy when just holding and doing twists, squats etc, I found my arms dropping lower and lower lol it will really reduce my reps, but I could manage it :)
Pavel, me and my 10 have a date today to complete a full workout :)

hoping wow, how do you fit it all in :) hows the reps going? You should start seeing some really good results with everything your doing, keep up the good work

Hoping 17 inches is amazing, you must be really proud of what you have achieved. I know the bells will help you lose more, I only do kbs and lost inches, so you are well on your way :)

Just been Pavelerised ;)
Didn't go to bad, dreaded the snatch but was ok, I kept to about 5 reps for most of the slow moves. Managed to catch the bell with my cheek on the bottom ups, not hard, but found that a bit tough lol
My hands are really feeling it with the movement of handle so I will have to get used to it a bit more
All in all quite happy :)

Back