Secret to shaping up

Thanks Kron. We really should be paying you for all your fanatstic advice. Its like having a virtual personal trainer!!!! :D

It's good to share :)

Thanks Sweet x

Ow ow ow I'm very sore this morning I think I over did it yesterday! I think ill lower the reps til I get used to it

Ooh I bought my first kettlebell yesterday - a 5lb one from JJB Sports. Haven't got any idea what to do with it though - does anybody have any recommendations of any YouTube tutorials or good websites for it? I looked at the Kettleworx DVD's, but at almost £50 it's too much for my little budget ;)

I can afford probrably £10, max for something. But personally i'd rather find something I can follow online for now, and keep the tenner to spend towards a heavier kettlebell when the time comes!!

Just done week 5 core!!! Can't believe there is just 1 core left coz I'm really enjoying it!!! :cry:I'm definitely going to do the whole programme again with a daddy bell when I finish until I can afford the advanced set.

Gettingfitat50 & foodfairy, I hope you aren't suffering too much. I remember the pain at the beginning only too well but stick with it & your body will get stronger & wontbe so sore.

messyfreckle, if you read the beginning of the thread i think Kron has listed some other dvds worth trying

Well done Sweet!! I so remember the pain in the first weeks and yes your right your body does get used it. Never thought that would be possible!!

I did week 5 cardio today, planning to do a run 2moro, so might have a play with the kettlebell instead of a proper workout. Don't want to make the mistake of using the kettlebell straight after my run again thou. However only a few days until the bikini comes out, so may have to!!!!!! :)

Just done my first Kettleworx workout!!! Quite enjoyed it, and my body feels like it's had a good workout. Used the 5lb bell which came with it, but have a 5kg waiting for when I improve. Started with resistance today, cardio planned for thurs and core planned for Saturday.

After starting last week, I had a missing DVD, so it threw me out a bit :-( Today all have been replaced and I have started from scratch. Week 1 resistance..... Found it challenging, core planned for Thursday and Cardio for Saturday. Started c25k yesterday so planning that on other days and Sunday I will sleep :)
Hoping that as i have completed 30DS it will give me the helping hand i need with these workouts. Well done to everyone here, and to all the good advice, especially Kron, Sweet & Shazzabir x

After starting last week, I had a missing DVD, so it threw me out a bit :-( Today all have been replaced and I have started from scratch. Week 1 resistance..... Found it challenging, core planned for Thursday and Cardio for Saturday. Started c25k yesterday so planning that on other days and Sunday I will sleep :)
Hoping that as i have completed 30DS it will give me the helping hand i need with these workouts. Well done to everyone here, and to all the good advice, especially Kron, Sweet & Shazzabir x

Thats just the way I do it. Sunday is a very welcome sleep day after a hard weeks working out!!!! ;) Dont worry if it seems tough at first coz it does get easier (& hurts less the next day :eek:) as your body gets used to the bells :)

Good luck & keep us posted on your progress

Hi :)
oh dear those beginner aches and pains, I promise it will go soon, Sweet and Shazz speak the truth :)

I can say that my arms and shoulders are still feeling it lol so your not alone

foodfairy your muscles are being worked differently than they ever have, so take it easy, but keep it challenging for better results

Gettingfit dont cough either ;) it wont be long before you can do your till exercises. Dont overdo it by having too many practice sessions, you will build up to do the ones you cant manage. Throw in some practice/freestyle in a week or so when your body has had a chance to figure out what hit it lol.
All my bells are different makes, and have noticed slight differences in handle width, I have never really noticed the handle dimensions being given when shopping.

Shellie yeah glad you enjoyed it. Its good to use a lighter weight to get used to the moves, bet you cant wait for Thursday :)

Messyfreckle welcome, check out post number 178 to get the basic moves and correct form. There are loads of youtube short workouts, i can post a few links if you would like :)

Hi Sweet :) just think on the second time around you will have got some reps in before he starts the move as you will know it as soon as it comes up

Hi Shazz :) you strut your stuff in that bikini, you deserve it, and you will look good

Cleogin great you've got the complete set now, good idea to start from scratch, are you using your 3. wow you've got a great routine lined up, well done - just dont overdo it starting a couple of new things at the same time :)

Hi Welshymamma lol yep agree a good bra is needed

sweet pink said:
Thats just the way I do it. Sunday is a very welcome sleep day after a hard weeks working out!!!! ;) Dont worry if it seems tough at first coz it does get easier (& hurts less the next day :eek:) as your body gets used to the bells :)

Good luck & keep us posted on your progress

Thanks sweet :)

Kron said:
Cleogin great you've got the complete set now, good idea to start from scratch, are you using your 3. wow you've got a great routine lined up, well done - just dont overdo it starting a couple of new things at the same time :)

Hi Kron,
Yep still got my 3, it's comfortable so I'm gonna start with that but I do have a 4 I can go up to :)

I can't wait to get onto heavier weights....... Just want to ease myself in

Looking forward to trying cardio, but I bet it's going to be tough

Kron, just wondering when you say are your kettlebells are different makes do you have a favourite?? I'm going to invest in a heavier one soon as I think I need a heavier one for the swings in particular. I was thinking of an 8kg..just coz that seems to be a popular weight thats easier to get hold of. The sports shops round here are rubbish so it'll have to be online probably

Cleogin, I found the cardio tough, but as you have been doing cardio previously you might like it :)

Sweet no I don't, I think I just adapted to each one as I got it. My only preference is the metal over the plastic :)

Hi Everyone

Have read this thread from beginning to end and have been so impressed and motivated by your inch losses and stories that I have ordered myself the essential kettleworxs dvds and a bargain 5kg kettlebell from Argos!

I've been on you tube watching some clips and although I think it will be quite tough I'm raring to go :D

I really hope I catch the Kettlebell bug that you all seem to have, can't wait to recieve my goodies and report back on my progress!!!

Thanks for all the time and effort people have put into this thread, i've picked up lots of good hints and tips so far!

That's great that your joining us Chick, you will soon get the bug when you see your body changing :)

Hi Shazzabir

Thanks for your kind words I woke up this morning feeling really excited about it all.... :)

I must admit, I go though fazes with exercise( 30day shred being one, stuck it for 8 days) - Start something, stick at it for a while, get bored then give up!

I'm hoping that I will see the same quick result you and sweet pink have had and that will be enough to spur me on and keep me going! I've been thinking about setting myself some kind of challenge, something to motivate me when I get one of those ' can't be bothered exercising days/ wanna eat the house' days and I've come up with a little plan!

I've decided to take some pictures of myself in a bikini(!) and in six weeks time I will take another set and post them up here for all to see regardless of results! My six weeks will start the day my bells/DVD come. Everytime I'm feeling lazy I'll come here and look at my post and hopefully the thought of those bikini shots will get me off my butt :)

I would really appreciate everyone's support and in 6 weeks time you all need to remind me of my promise!!!

Right I'm away to look out my camera......

Fantastic idea Chick. We are here for you if you need motivating. I find I look forward to the kettlebell as I feel the results the very next day, so know the effort to do it was worth it. Look forward to seeing your results in six weeks x

Back