Secret to shaping up

I did week 5 core this morning. I wasn't going to as I'm running shortly, but couldn't stop myself. Hopefully I have left a big enough gap between, I did kettlebell at 05.30 and running at 11.00.
Kron - how are you meant to do the figure 8 between your legs sitting down with a bigger bell?? It felt huge and hit my legs loads, lol

Gettingfit - thanks so much for wishing me good luck and it's great to hear that you actually look forward to doing the kettlebells- it fills me with hope :) will you be putting some inch loss stats up when you start to feel results? I'd love to see them!

Shazzabir - wow, your enthusiasm puts me to shame, well done on doing both.

Speak to you all soon!

I have hurt my foot and am struggling to walk atm. are there any exercsies you can recommend that I can do with my KB without putting strain on my foot :)

Hi all well my Kettleworx dvds and I pick up my kettlebell (5kg) from Tesco on the way home I got it for only £10.00 so I was impressed.

I have nearly finished the 30 day shred (7 days to go) so I am going to do that in between my KB workouts. I intend to start tom morning with core ....

Any tips or recommendations from all you experts will be most welcome!!

I too read this thread and yesterday ordered the kettleworx from ideal, and says they were dispatched today, so hopefully arrive soon! I am so excited to start this! I will take my measurements at the start also and post inch losses as I go along.. Think I may buy a heavier ball though as it comes with a 5lb ball but think I would prefer 4 or 5kg one, so will try to get one somewhere. I'm doing this with the calorie counting ( I use the boards on here) and so far ive lost 10.5lbs since start of July, so will add this in and see what happens

Hey Rissole

I got an email this morning saying mines were dispatched today too so hopefully we both get them soon(. Got mine from Amazon though). If we start the kettleworx programme around the same time that would be pretty cool, we could keep each other going :)

Pretika, how did you get on with the shred, have you noticed a big difference? I got to day 8 on it, I was amazed at how rapidly my endurance improved and no doubt if I'd stuck it out I would have seen some good inch loss but I became really bored of it!

Good luck to everyone.

And kron, thank you so much for starting this post, you look AMAZING!!!!

chickadee83 said:
Hey Rissole

I got an email this morning saying mines were dispatched today too so hopefully we both get them soon(. Got mine from Amazon though). If we start the kettleworx programme around the same time that would be pretty cool, we could keep each other going :)

Pretika, how did you get on with the shred, have you noticed a big difference? I got to day 8 on it, I was amazed at how rapidly my endurance improved and no doubt if I'd stuck it out I would have seen some good inch loss but I became really bored of it!

Good luck to everyone.

And kron, thank you so much for starting this post, you look AMAZING!!!!

Hey yes the shred is amazing I have seen good inch loss and my endurance has rocketed !!! Looking forward to starting KB Tom x

Hi All :)

Hi Chickadee welcome, glad you enjoyed the read. Great idea to take some pics to motivate you, I hope as with us all that have done this that you dont need to motivate yourself too much, the results you see in a matter of weeks really gets you wanting to do more

Shazz - what time do you get up in the morning - 5:30am and raring to go. You tend to work your muscles more with a bigger bell as you either have to lean back further or move your legs wider lol you will get used to it :)

Hi Gettingfit :) you will be fighting for your bell with your son lol thats what happened when hubby started doing them with me :) It will be great to see your inch loss journey, i will be checking your thread ;) My goodness you are putting some time in is he going to join you lol

Alex - how did you do that, hope you recover soon. Try doing some crunches holding bell at your chest, core rows, shoulder presses - do these sitting on the floor with your legs in a wide V - so much harder than standing. How long will you be off your foot, as I will put some links on for you if its going to be a while

Pretika - yeah starting tomorrow :) let us know how your getting on and what your having difficulties with and will try and help

Hi Rissole76 welcome, hope your dvd comes soon, Argos did have a 5kg for £5 so its worth checking to see if this sale is still on. Starting low weight is good to get used to the moves, but i would recommnd moving up as soon as you can

Well I am not going to class tonight, have been clothes shopping all day, my daughter was off work so we have done lunch and spent lots of my money at least her taste in clothes has improved since she was a teenager lol I am know the proud owner of some skirts, trousers and dresses - all work stuff but needed as my living in primark linen trousers was getting a bit boring and they are fading with so much wear. Also very delighted to say that the majority was size 6 - happy bunny :)

Kron - size 6!! Fantastic!!!!

I will probably regret my actions today. I did Core this morning, 45 mins running and Core again tonight. I am feeling that big daddy kettlebell already!!! My friend came over with her kettlebell to borrow the kettleworx and I couldn't just sit and watch, so did week 3 core with her :)

Shazz oh no lol you might be hurting tomorrow and try not to laugh, cough or sneeze, you will most probably feel like when you first started - hope you see a difference :)
How's your friend finding it, you cant help but join in, i have joined in on hubby's workouts lol

Size 6 Kron!!!! I can only dream!!!! :eek:

Shazz, omg I hope you feel ok tomorrow. I done week 5 core yesterday & was feeling those rainbows today. Not badly but knew I had done a new move if you know what I mean.

I had an early start this morning (5am, I'm not usually up that early!!!) & spent the day at the trade show. I think lfting heavy boxes (which arent feeling as heavier anymore!!! :D) & dragging god knows what weight 1/2 a mile on a trolley each time (4 trips in total) will be my workout for today!!! The funny thing was that while I was there I was thinking that I'm going to treat myself to a bigger bell as a wee reward for the hardwork & long hours today!!! A few people that I know where commenting about how well I was looking & asking what I was doing. the funny thing was that I think I probably spent as much time talking about the kettlebells as I did talking about what I should have been!!! Oooops!!! lol

Good luck to everyone just starting out. I am sure you will all have the kettlebell bug very soon. My hubby was commenting tonight when I came in about how toned my arms were looking. He has even been asking for tips on moves he could do to strengthen his core!!!

Sweet :) I dreamed to get to size 10 lol - bells are awesome!
Great NSVs today, how fantastic is it when people start really noticing a difference and feel confident to approach you about it ;)

Sweet how funny after hubby giving you a hard time about the bells lol he must be eating his words now

I know. He says he can really see the rsults I'm getting from them in such a short time so hes getting more interested (not that he needs to lose a pick of weight!!!!) He wants to strengthen his core though coz I keep him going about his middle age podge!!! lol

If I ever get into a 10 I will be over the moon!!!!!!! I can't see myself getting any lower than a 12 but thats because I cant remember ever being lower than a 12. You never know though. I will definitely be trying :D

Hi All :)

Alex - how did you do that, hope you recover soon.

a three quarter tonne horse stood on my foot!!! I've just done about 15 minutes - without my trainers on the foot doesn't hurt so I did it bare foot. I dont really know what moves I do i'm just 'playing' about i suppose. heres an outline of what i did.

lunges while passing KB under leg from inside to outside.

squats holding KB out in front.

swinging things where you swing KB back between legs then thrust it forwards and up in to air using stomach more than legs.

what I call 'rowing crunches' coming into a V shape then rowing the KB left and right across my body.

then hold KB with both hands and lift arms up and down as if I was using the bingo wing machine at the gym.........and thats about it really!

my main area i want inch loss is my thighs........they are so out of proportion to my calves and rest of body,

a three quarter tonne horse stood on my foot!!! I've just done about 15 minutes - without my trainers on the foot doesn't hurt so I did it bare foot. I dont really know what moves I do i'm just 'playing' about i suppose. heres an outline of what i did.

lunges while passing KB under leg from inside to outside.

squats holding KB out in front.

swinging things where you swing KB back between legs then thrust it forwards and up in to air using stomach more than legs.

what I call 'rowing crunches' coming into a V shape then rowing the KB left and right across my body.

then hold KB with both hands and lift arms up and down as if I was using the bingo wing machine at the gym.........and thats about it really!

my main area i want inch loss is my thighs........they are so out of proportion to my calves and rest of body,

sounds like a great mix. The squats I think are fab for toning your thighs. You really feel the burn!!!! When you feel as if you cant hold it any longer squat down even lower & count to 5 slowly before you get up!!! Sore but you will see results :)

I'm rather annoyed today :-( I got all my gear on and popped my cardio DVD into the DVD player and because I don't have the remote I couldn't change it to workout 2. It wouldn't work without it I tried everything!! Oh well lol..

Luckily my mum has one so I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow :)

Well as you can imagine I can barely move today!!!! Was meant to be doing resistance today, but think I will be giving it a miss!!!
I have decided I will be starting kettleworx again after I finish, with the 7.5kg. The results are too good to move onto anything else :)

Sweet - that's great that people are starting to notice! Those rainbow moves are bit of a killer!!

Hollie - there's nothing worse when you make the effort to workout and something stops you!

Morning all i just done week 1 core - it was tough and I did struggle to keep up .. I don't think I am doing it quite right so have to slow down and watch ... It was tough but I enjoyed it ...

Shazzabir - poor you !! Hope the ache passes quickly I can already tell that I am going to be sore tomorrow ....

As you are nearly at the end of the 6 weeks would you mind telling me what your inch and weight loss is.. I am close to my goal with about 10 lbs to go so reasonably comfortable size 10 at the top but still a size 12 at the bottom ( thighs and bum are out of proportion to the rest of me ) would be interested to hear where you have lost your inches from .

Back