Secret to shaping up

Omg Kron - a 10 kg ??? Wow superwoman .... You must be so pleased that your daughter is moving in to her new place...

morning,

i've just stumbled upon your thread. It looks amazing! I have a baby and a 3 year old so dont have much time for exercise and i've tried aerobic dvds in past but given up when telly starts shaking from me jumping around!!!

Could anyone advise a decent dvd to start with? Can't afford to spend that amount of money for the kettleworx ones.

Thanks

Hi Donzy, you must have your hands full with two little ones
I am going to search youtube and put some links on of short workouts, so this may be helpful
I started out with aerobic DVDs and hated them lol, was as red as a beetroot and really had to motivate myself to get on with it

Sofartogo week 3 done :)
Hope your enjoying and starting to feel a difference now your half way thru

Pretika I have only just got my 10 so still struggling with it on some moves ;)

donzy - if you look over the last couple pages I posted a link to a good vid on youtube - lauren brookes one

Thanks everyone, just mentioned it to hubby and he reckons he might have some workouts in his mens health mags, are they suitable for women if I drop weights down? What about reps?

Kettlebells are traditionally a mans workout, but it's not just for boys :)
Pending on exercise you would do about 10-12 reps, but on swings you want to do about 50
Check out my post number 178 for links to basic moves, with suggested reps

I now workout on a timer so try and get a load of reps in 2 minutes- doesn't sound a long time but it is lol

Thanks for all the advice! i'm so excited i'm going to look for a cheap kettlebell. Will keep you posted!

A few more links for short workouts, either to be performed 3-4 times, or mixed up with the other links. Warm up first, check out the basic moves links I have already provided. You dont get a chence to work out with the clip, as they are too short, so may not be as helpful as I had orginally thought, but will give you some ideas. There are quite few links, but they go into advanced moves, which i just wouldnt recomend at this level -some I wouldnt try lol
‪Weight Loss KettleBell Workout for Women‬‏ - YouTube
Its Mr Cheesy lol - the kettleworx users will understand :)

‪5 Best Upper Body Kettlebell Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the snatch as a learner! (3rd exercise) Even when I was used to the bells, I felt like I nearly smashed my forearm when the bell landed on my arm lol, I researched this move before i did it again, can do it fine now :)

‪5 Best Kettlebell Ab Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the renegade rows - you can do first exercise with 1 bell

‪12 Minute Kettlebell Fat Loss Workout‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks for links, I've been reading through from beginning everyone is doing so well! I've just ordered a kettlebell it's only a 5pm so hoping it won't b too light but I have no upper body strength, yrs ago (before kids and husband) I used to do body pump and had to arm exercises with no weights just an empty bar!!!

Hi Donzy 5lb is quite light, but as long as it challenges you that is the main aim. You might surprise yourself, you may have developed some upper strength since having your family :)

A few more links for short workouts, either to be performed 3-4 times, or mixed up with the other links. Warm up first, check out the basic moves links I have already provided. You dont get a chence to work out with the clip, as they are too short, so may not be as helpful as I had orginally thought, but will give you some ideas. There are quite few links, but they go into advanced moves, which i just wouldnt recomend at this level -some I wouldnt try lol
‪Weight Loss KettleBell Workout for Women‬‏ - YouTube
Its Mr Cheesy lol - the kettleworx users will understand :)

‪5 Best Upper Body Kettlebell Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the snatch as a learner! (3rd exercise) Even when I was used to the bells, I felt like I nearly smashed my forearm when the bell landed on my arm lol, I researched this move before i did it again, can do it fine now :)

‪5 Best Kettlebell Ab Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the renegade rows - you can do first exercise with 1 bell

‪12 Minute Kettlebell Fat Loss Workout‬‏ - YouTube

i do those renegade rows with regular weights, they are hard to do! :)

still want to buy a kettlebell. id use it to do squats and lunges mainly, but my normal bar weight in squats is 20kg, and lunges are 12kg.... so would it be possible to get 20kg bell? im reluctant to lower my weights once i use them you see

Hi Gina, I think they go up to 50kg - not sure what the postage would be lol. I cant imagine using a 20, my arms start dropping after a short while holding a 10 :)

Rissole thats a good price, argos had a 5 on sale for £4.99

20 isnt easy on a bar either, i like my heavy weights though :)

Your physique must be awesome :)
When trawling thru youtube I came across some young women hefting metal bells bigger than their heads - I am in awe

i have more strengh than i look like i should have!

being my size too, it does surprise people what i can lift. taken a year to build up to it and its not been easy work, worked really hard at it and its paid off. still not at my target squat weight yet, my full goal is 30kg, this will take a long time to get too :(

Rissole76 said:
Tesco are selling the 5kg metal bell with the bottom dipped in vinyl for £10

This is the one I have too - I am very happy with it

Completed week 2 resistance, gonna feel it tomorrow :)

Also started c25k today and dragged my 13 year old brother along as he could do with the exercise..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back