Secret to shaping up

Hi all

Nice to Hear everyone is still loving the kettlebells :)

I am now the proud owner of a 5kg kb and I'm going to pick up my kettleworx DVDs from the post office tomorrow, can't wait to get started!

Did day 2 of C25K yesterday, going to repeat tonight with a friend. Have a kettlebell ordered and am going to start with youtube videos, if i get on with it am going to get the Kettleworx come pay day.

Could I ask what is the difference between the Kettleworx essential on amazon/kettleworx at £56ish(with postage) and the idealworld ultimate collection at £45 (with postage). Are they different workouts? i know the cheaper one has a kettlebell but i will already have one...

this is the cheaper one:
KettleWorx Ultimate Body 3 DVD Collection plus Introduction DVD, 42 Day Eating Guide & 5lb Kettlebell - IdealWorld

This is the other one:
KettleWorx Essentials - 6 Kettlebell Training DVD Set: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

Hi gettingfit my goodness your disappearing ;)
What on earth have you done to get strapped up. Be careful, you may need to stop forashort while until you recover
Your weight will start going down, I do know loads of people who sts for a few weeks when starting a strength based exercise, so keep to your healthy eating plan

Hi Hollie look at you go and tiring out the young one at the same time lol

Chick will you be able to resist or are you going to start today :)

As getting fit has described, they are slightly different as the more expensive has a couple of bonus DVDs for fat burn and abs, so it will depend on whether you want the additional workouts. They can add a quick workout to your days off, but the main 3 core, cardio and resistance gives you all that you need for the 6 week programme. It will also depend on whether you will use the 5lb

Hi Hollie look at you go and tiring out the young one at the same time lol

Chick will you be able to resist or are you going to start today :)

As getting fit has described, they are slightly different as the more expensive has a couple of bonus DVDs for fat burn and abs, so it will depend on whether you want the additional workouts. They can add a quick workout to your days off, but the main 3 core, cardio and resistance gives you all that you need for the 6 week programme. It will also depend on whether you will use the 5lb

Just completed week1 resistance - It was tough but I really enjoyed it :) I have done similar exercises before but using the kettlebell just seems to make it so much more fun and also much tougher! I can tell my legs are gonna be aching tomorrow as they feel like lead already lol
I too found the punches hard with my 5kg but hopefully I'll build up my strength quickly :)

I'm knackered and off to have my dinner and relax now as I've been out and about all day!

Keep up the good work everyone :D

Hi Chickadee :)
The bell puts a slightly different edge on exercising, really glad you started.
You deserve a nice dinner with your feet up, hope your legs aren't too achy tomorrow

OMGosh, my hubbys going to kill me! I've just ordered this too :eek: We're meant to be on economode so we can save for a new swingset for the kids and a holiday for us in October .. OOPSIE! Perhaps I could hide it under my pillow?

Lol
WelcomeNumNumPigsBum you won't need a swing set, you can just swing the kids instead :)
Definitely need to butter up hubby, in a few weeks he will love it that your a swinger lol
Story of the princess and the pea came to mind when hiding it under your pillow

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk! So happy right now! I last waterskied 17 years ago and then had a go about 3 years ago in Loch Lomond. Just could not get up on those skis! So today I tried again thinking that perhaps my core is strong enough now. Up on the 4th attempt :)
VERY happy with myself! Kettlebells Rock! :)

Hi gettingfit my goodness your disappearing ;)
What on earth have you done to get strapped up. Be careful, you may need to stop forashort while until you recover
Your weight will start going down, I do know loads of people who sts for a few weeks when starting a strength based exercise, so keep to your healthy eating plan

i gained half a stone initally after starting my weight training! :( it came back off though

Sofar wow waterskiing bet that was a workout, you definitely need muscles to do that!
So pleased you managed to do it, whats next skydiving lol and I have to agree kbs rock ;)

Morning,

My Kettlebells just arrived!!! went for the 5lb one, think it may be to light for leg work but should be ok for working my weak arms!!! Gonna try a you tube video tonight.

Any one use the bonus kettleworx dvds? are they worth paying an extra £5 for?

Thanks

Is the Amazon ones free postage?One 1 left I see.[/QUOTE]

I know play.com have got them with free postage at the minute.

Oh my goodness my muscles ache today! In a good way though because it means I worked them hard last night :)

Particularly in my thighs and glutes, must be all the squatting! Glad I have a rest day to let them recover, looking forward to core on Wednesday!

I bought the more expensive set with the bonus dvds as was keen to get the abs one, hopefully gonna do this on rest days perhaps as the weeks go on. I got it from Amazon and had to pay for delivery which was a few pounds. I also checked PLAY but at that time they didn't have the set.

I cant find on play either, only amazon and ideal world.... worked prices out would be £11 more from amazon with the extra 2 dvds (unless that last one sells and then it would be £13 extra)

hi everyone
I've ordered the 10Minute Solution Kettlebells dvd from play.com once it's arrived and I've given it a go and give you all a review. thought it was worth the risk buying at only £5!

Hi All - well I have been trying to find some inspiration when it came to exercise and I certainly found it in this thread!

I am your classic apple shape and have PCOS which makes it tricky to lose weight from around the middle area (not an excuse just a fact). I haven't done any exercise in years but now I am well into my weight loss programme I really need to do something to start toning things up - otherwise I am going to be dragging my droopy middle around with me forever :eek:!

I've plumped for "the bells" after reading this and seeing that its not full of gym bunnies but normal folk who have achieved some good weight loss and are now looking at loosing the inches - just like me.

So I've bit the bullet and got the kettleworx dvd set off the Ideal World website - cost £45.90 inc P&P. It's the one with the 5lb bell but looking on here I'm going to get the York set from Argos and start with the 3kg and see how I go. I would like to get the cast iron ones after seeing Kron's recommendation but I live north of Inverness and we are pretty limited on shops so these are out. Some good offers on ebay advertising free P&P but of course not to the Highlands. Anyway I'll see how I get on with the York ones. Going to run down to Inverness over the next few days to get them so when postie comes a knocking in about 10 days time I'll be ready to go!!

I really hope I get on ok and find it do-able. I am so unfit but determined! I must remember to take some measurements as well so I can see progress. Thanks for keeping me inspired all of you. :thankyou:

Hi All :)
Wow loads to catch up on

Donzy great news your bells arrived :) hope your practice youtube goes ok.

Chick welcome to the bells lol, it does pass quite soon

Alex I have heard of that one, i will be interested to hear your review on it.

Cat lover Sue welcome, great determination already by getting it all ordered, I really hope you love the bells as much as we do :) they work, and they will work you lol.

Gettingfit hows your leg. It is nice to be able to throw in an extra workout :)

Rissole - no way :( seems like ages ago you ordered them have you had any news as to a delivery date

Kron, sorry if you;ve already answered this but did you do any other exercise alongside SW or was it purely kettlebells?

Well done by the way, you should be so proud of your achievement :)

Back