Secret to shaping up

Resistance week 2 done ....... With my new 6kg kettlebell.
It's absolutely baking and I really sweated out but I'm happy to say I managed the 6kg to the end ( even tho I had the 4kg on standby) I think I should be ok with the 6 for core but may have to revert to the 4 for cardio as it killed me this week. Will give it a go though.
Managing to alternate with c25k I'm really feeling it. :)

I was trying to do aerobic dvds, before sw and then got the wii fit so was doing these about 3 times a week when I started sw in July. I started kbs in Oct and was hooked, so only did them from then on. i started the kettleworx 3 times a week, but about half way through did it every other day. I have continued with the bells, and now do class 2 times a week, and 1 session at home. I dont do anything else
I can honestly say that in my experience my inch loss was the result of starting kbs :)

Cleogin 6 all the way thats fantastic, and only on your second week, very impressive :)
Your going to get some fab results

Thank you! I have dvd's coming out of my ears but I get so bored with them. I have a bit of a spongy knee too so leaping about like a looney does me no favours lol I would love to get back to swimming but I have 3 littleys under 5 so it's not going to happen until big littley starts school and middle littley starts nursery mid august. Fingers crossed this will work it's magic for me and I can just go swimming for some "me time" :D

I know what you mean about the boring routines so ended up buying more so could mix it up lol I hate jumping about it just cant be good for you :)

I feel like I haven't been on here for ages, so much is happening!!
I am back from my w/e away, had a great time, but did eat quite a bit more than I should have. So back to plan again. I did Resistance week 5 this morning. Planning on completing week 6 by the end of the week. Will then take some more measurements!!!

Wow I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread!! Think I'll have to sit down with a cuppa & have a good read!!! I've had a busy weekend...car shopping & computer shopping (loving my new purple laptop :)) I'm hoping to do week 5 resistance tomorrow & then get week 6 done hopefully by this time next week. A pulled muscle in my shoulder put all my plans on hold so I havent done any exercising at all since last week (unless walking round lots of shops counts!!! :eek:) but feeling a lot better now & dying to get going again.

Shazz, I hope you had a great weekend

Looking forward to reading through the rest of the thread later for a proper catch up :D

Looks like you have had a great w/e Sweet!! Did u get a car? Love the colour of your laptop :)
How did u hurt your shoulder?
Careful on week 5 resistance, I nearly hit myself in the face with one of the exercises!! Mmmmnn not easy to explain that bruise away!
I had a great w/e thanks, still managed a run and swimming. Which was just as well considering how much I ate!

Sweet, Shazz helloooo

Shazz glad you had a great weekend, and I know you will get rid of any of your little excesses in no time :)
Nearly done kettleworx it seems like you just started.

Sweet how did you hurt your shoulder, just be careful, keep a light bell near you to swap down when doing anything on that side when you start
Sounds like a productive weekend cars and laptops :)
Hope you enjoy your cuppa and catch up

Hi everyone,
Did the Lauren brookes workout from you tube earlier, really enjoyed it. Think I'm gonna get Mr cheesy though ?, def need heavier KB than the 5lb one, none of the 6argos's have the 5kg one that's on offer though!!! So unfair.

Thanks kron for starting this thread and motivating me, hopefully will get rid of the jelly belly!!!

Shazz & Kron, yes we got a car sorted so I'm picking it up on thursday :D I hurt my shoulder lifting boxes for one of the shows I was setting up. I was lifting a heavy box into the boot of my car & the box ,which was plastic, was slightly wet with the rain so it slipped as I was lifting it & I tried to hold it (successfully I might add!!). Needless to say my shoulder was very sore for a couple of days so I used that time wisely & shopped til I literally dropped!!!!! :D:eek: Really looking forward to getting going again but will maybe rest for a minute between exercises or even have a minute rest between every few & will definitely keep a lighter bell to hand!! :eek:

I am back from holiday but visiting family. I have been reading the thread. Wow you have all been busy. I can't wait to get my kb out when I get home

I'm aching today, did week 2 core and used the 5kg bell all the way through!
Looking forward to week 3 :)

Off to spin class now, hope everyone is well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all well I attempted cardio week 1 this morning ( having already done resistance and core a few days a go ) and I have to admit the exercise bought me to tears - I struggled through it all.... I dont know what is wrong with me ... maybe it is too fast. I had to pause after set 1 for a minute.... so feeling a little deflated.... maybe it is because i did it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach??? although I used to do the shred in the mornings and I was fine!!.... HELP advice needed!

Good morning

Ahh I'm scared of cardio now pretika! I always like to have something to eat about an hour before I exercise otherwise I feel quite weak- just something light like a banana. I'm not at week 1 cardio yet so can't really offer anymore advice, sorry!

I did week 1 resistence on Monday and I'm still in pain today, thighs and glutes stil aching! I'd planned to do core today so hoping there are no squats involved as I think I'd keel over lol

Good morning

Ahh I'm scared of cardio now pretika! I always like to have something to eat about an hour before I exercise otherwise I feel quite weak- just something light like a banana. Is the weight maybe too heavy? I'm not at week 1 cardio yet but I'll let you know how I found it.

I did week 1 resistance on Monday and I'm still in pain today, thighs and glutes stil aching! I'd planned to do core today so hoping there are no squats involved as I think I'd keel over lol

Morning all well I attempted cardio week 1 this morning ( having already done resistance and core a few days a go ) and I have to admit the exercise bought me to tears - I struggled through it all.... I dont know what is wrong with me ... maybe it is too fast. I had to pause after set 1 for a minute.... so feeling a little deflated.... maybe it is because i did it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach??? although I used to do the shred in the mornings and I was fine!!.... HELP advice needed!

Hi Pretika,
I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone!
I did cardio on Saturday morning as soon as I got up and I found it very very challenging :character00115:. After having done the shred I thought it wouldn't be a problem, I used my lowest strength bell in order to get through it and will probably stick to that for a while yet :(.
Maybe try and push yourself on resistance and core and cut yourself a bit of slack with cardio and see how it goes, don't let it demotivate you :cry:

Cleogin said:
Hi Pretika,
I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone!
I did cardio on Saturday morning as soon as I got up and I found it very very challenging :character00115:. After having done the shred I thought it wouldn't be a problem, I used my lowest strength bell in order to get through it and will probably stick to that for a while yet :(.
Maybe try and push yourself on resistance and core and cut yourself a bit of slack with cardio and see how it goes, don't let it demotivate you :cry:

Ahh thanks!!! I have a 5kg bell maybe I will get a lighter one for cardio initially..... Thanks so much for the support x

MY 4KG bell just arrived- just got to wait for my DVD'S! The kettlebell arrived bu courier, and I'm hoping the DVD's will be here today via Royal Mail- dad is a postman, so I'm hoping he'll bring them home later on :p

Hi everyone,
Did the Lauren brookes workout from you tube earlier, really enjoyed it. Think I'm gonna get Mr cheesy though ?, def need heavier KB than the 5lb one, none of the 6argos's have the 5kg one that's on offer though!!! So unfair.

Thanks kron for starting this thread and motivating me, hopefully will get rid of the jelly belly!!!

glad you liked it! it was the first one i found that i liked on you tube and ive stuck with it. its easy on my poorly foot too :)

Back