Secret to shaping up

That's great Sweet, although u may ache a bit 2moro, lol
When are you doing cardio? I am thinking 2moro as I'm running on Saturday and need all my energy for that! :)

@ Kron - its the same foot! the one the horse stood on, think im going to be out of action for a few more weeks.

That's great Sweet, although u may ache a bit 2moro, lol
When are you doing cardio? I am thinking 2moro as I'm running on Saturday and need all my energy for that! :)

I'm kind of thinking tomorrow but might see if I'm suffering in the morning first!!! :eek: And then I'll check in here to see how you found it!!! :D I havent got out running now for a week so plan to get back going at it on monday too & hopefully get C25k finished next week too!!

Hi All :)

Pretika great determination with getting right on with it. Dont expect to do it all, after a few sessions it will feel so much better and you will be keeping up with it :)

Chick you may want to add some more stretching in, I would suggest before and after the session, its sounds like your muscles are really tight. It can hurt a bit when you first start, but hang in there :) Hope you get some nice shoes

Shazz we do like core lol hope it wasnt too bad :) 10 is heavy lol but after a bit of practice it starts fitting in nicely :)

Sweet 7.5 :) thats great, you started with a 3? Dont buy anything too expensive, youve signed up for another 6 weeks - so you could be shopping again soon ;)

Cleogin thats awesome, I struggled so much with my starter of 4.5 and couldnt do it all, fantastic start :)

Alex, of course, how long do you think you need to rest it, are you able to get out and about - horses are heavy

Welshymamma - I had one before WI tonight :)

It was just the £19.99 one from Argos. Unfortunately nowhere seems to keep a big selection of them over here in NI & the sports shops only carry 5lb & 10lbs in stock. I looked online & most places wouldnt ship to here or they were charging extortionate prices to do so. Needless to say if I ever see a 10kg anywhere I will be snapping it up & keeping it until I need it. Honestly finding a range of kettlebells here is harder than doing the flipping programme!!! lol Not to mention the looks I was getting the the sports shops when I replied 'yes it was for me' & 'no I already have that' & 'yes it is too light' & no I definitely no the difference between lbs & kgs'. Honestly men... just coz they ARE the weaker sex!!!! lol :rolleyes: (sorry to any men reading this!!!)

@Kron - its been 2 weeks now and im still going to work in trainers. I NEED it to be better by 3 weeks tomorrow because i'm going out with work for a night out.

my 10 minute solution DVD hasn't arrived yet :-(

Well done gettingfit! You are getting some fab results :). I can't wait to see the inches melt away- I've taken some photos but must buy a measuring tape and get some stats! I'll be joining you on week 2 resistance on Monday! X

Anyone got the davina kettlebells? are they any good they don't look as big as the york ones....

Any advice appreciated... I wanted the 5kg one thats on offer in Argos but they don't have stock in any near me. :cry:

x

Just finished week 6 cardio with my 7.5kg kb!!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but using the heavier bell definitely made it more challenging. I struggled to keep up with the shoulder presses & only managed 8 each side but hopefully I will improve on them as I get more used to the extra weight. I must have looked knackered at the end though coz my 5 yr old told me to lie down & she would give me a cuddle :eek:. I can't believe I have just the resistance to go & I have completed the programme :D

Shazz how did you get on with it??

Donzy, I looked at the davina ones originally but the revies werent as good which put me off. I went for the York in the end but they are very bulky. If its possible maybe try another sports shop or online as I would definitely recommend cast iron over vinyl for ease of handling

Sweet: I agree the cardio wasnt half as bad as I was expecting!! Although those Shoulder presses were a killer, I struggled to complete them all the second time around.
Yes just resistance to go, will probably do Sunday, unless I really get the urge tomorrow morning!

I'm away working tomorrow so it will probably be sunday for me too. I wonder will it feel easier 2nd time round???

Wow I've skimmed this thread and it seems like some of you really got into this!!

I'm contemplating starting but I'm still a little confused about the process....what exactly will I need to start? I see the 5kg bells are on offer in argos - do i need a DVD or can I work from online first?

All this swing/windmill jargon is intimidating me....is it really that complicated??

Sweet Pink & Shazz, you seem to have been in this from the start of the thread - how have you found the results?

Kron you really are an inspiration! Great transformation, I only wish to walk around comfortably in a bikini!

Donzy, I looked at the davina ones originally but the revies werent as good which put me off. I went for the York in the end but they are very bulky. If its possible maybe try another sports shop or online as I would definitely recommend cast iron over vinyl for ease of handling

Thanks, i just checked reviews and they are filled with sand! sounds very unstable!!! I only seem to be able to find 4kg or 6kg ones in cast iron but no shops stock so can't test first...

A few more links for short workouts, either to be performed 3-4 times, or mixed up with the other links. Warm up first, check out the basic moves links I have already provided. You dont get a chence to work out with the clip, as they are too short, so may not be as helpful as I had orginally thought, but will give you some ideas. There are quite few links, but they go into advanced moves, which i just wouldnt recomend at this level -some I wouldnt try lol
‪Weight Loss KettleBell Workout for Women‬‏ - YouTube
Its Mr Cheesy lol - the kettleworx users will understand :)

‪5 Best Upper Body Kettlebell Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the snatch as a learner! (3rd exercise) Even when I was used to the bells, I felt like I nearly smashed my forearm when the bell landed on my arm lol, I researched this move before i did it again, can do it fine now :)

‪5 Best Kettlebell Ab Exercises‬‏ - YouTube
Dont do the renegade rows - you can do first exercise with 1 bell

‪12 Minute Kettlebell Fat Loss Workout‬‏ - YouTube

Hey Kron, loving Mr Cheesey! just did most of those, I watched renegade rows, lol i'll never be able to them!!! i can't even do a basic plank!!!!
Loving Kettlebells!!!!!!

Hi All :)
Sweet how funny the guys trying to tell you what you want lol. i was referring to the new trousers you needed to buy ;) How lovely is your little one wanting to cuddle you better. One more to go and you have been ketleworxed lol, I can say that i still found it challenging doing it again, because like you I had a heavier weight, the bonus is because you are familiar with the moves, you know what he is going to do so can get some extra reps in before he starts

Alex, I hope its better in 3 weeks, if not it will have to be down to the alcohol to get you up and dancing on your night out :) Why is your dvd taking so long to get posted to you. I suppose onone hand its a good thing, as you maybe tempted, and that will lay you up for longer as you need two feet to work the bell

Gettingfit lol swinging while cooking dinner, great idea getting some moves in while its cooking. i think my kitchen may just be big enough to swing in, but knowing my luck I would try another move and dinner would get burnt. Good to hear you scales have started moving, 1 inch gone - why is it always off the boobs tho lol

Chick looking forward to your before and after pics, you should find that your clothes get a bit baggier so thats always a good way to measure :)

Donzy argos seem to have sold out everywhere, I lent my 4.5 bell and a dvd to a collegue and she wanted to get the sale one, but we tried searching all the stores in the surrounding area but all out. She used the text function to alert her when they come back in stock so she can see if she can still get it at the sale price. The sand used to fill them will be ok, but this is why they are bulkier than the metal ones
lol you will be loving the planks in no time, and yes I bet that atthe end of it you will be doing the renegade rows

Shazz resistance to go, nearly done, then ready to start again :)

just_angie welcome, dont worry about the jargon, it s just the name of the moves, and most will be quite familiar with 'normal' exercises. Its always a good idea to check out the online links, this will give you a flavour of what its all about. you can practice without a bell for fun
Personally I think its a good idea to have some form of programme to follow, especially when your new to the bells. Its not complicated its a gym in the palm of your hand :)

Hey Kron, loving Mr Cheesey! just did most of those, I watched renegade rows, lol i'll never be able to them!!! i can't even do a basic plank!!!!
Loving Kettlebells!!!!!!

Believe me in 2 weeks time you will definitely be able to do the plank!!! If I can do anyone can & as for renegade rows once you master the plank they will come :D

LOL Kron!!! Yep I definitely need new trousers!!! Hubby reckons I'll skip a size but I dont know... that would mean me in a 12 :eek: Not sure me & 12 should be in the same sentence yet!!!! Guess I'll find out on sunday when I go shopping!!!!! :D

They sound like they are far too big so you never know - must be close :) Cant wait to read your post after your shopping trip

Back