Secret to shaping up

Hi everyone! I had visitors from abroad, and then was on holidays (on a cruise)....I kept up my Bridge to 10k while on cruise (in the gym) and so managed to keep weight gain down to a minimum. Fab holidays and now.....it's finally time, after reading this thread for over a month, to try KETTLEWORX!!! I have done Week 1 Cardio and Week 1 Core......Cardio had my sweating like crazy...even worse than when doing the Shred. But a LOT more fun!!!
Core, I found very easy and again fun.
But OMG the effects the next day! Crazy....I reckon I will have buns of steel in no time!
Thanks again for all your support and for this thread, especially to Kron. You really should make that video, as suggested! x

I'm really paranoid now after dropping it & seeing the damage it can do about dropping it again!!! My worst injury so far was whacking myself on the chin doing a squat to upright row. I had a massive bruise on my chin for a couple of weeks. Other than that though I'm forever banging my legs doing the figure 8 pass & the seated figure 8. I had just got the knack of doing it with the 5kg & now I'm using the 7.5kg I'm back to bashing myself again!!!! lol

Kron, you definitely need to do a dvd or at least a few You Tube tutorials ;)

Hi Sweet, how is the running going? You are doing great with the kettlebells! Can't believe you're working with such big daddy bells already.....And that's from someone who swings one hell of a heavy handbag every day lol

I can feel it in my legs. It's not overly sore but I only used a 5lb bell so I'm still at the baby stage! When I go to the loo or sit in the sofa I can feel my muscles have had a working. I'm going to see if I can get a 5kg one today and finish week 1 with the 5lb, then redo it with the 5kg so it'll take me 7 weeks instead of 6 but that's fine :) I have 9-10weeks before my holiday (not that I'll be donning any slinky outfits in the highlands of scotland :giggle:) so fingers crossed there will be some inch-age loss by then!

Oooo Donzy ... just noticed our babies are very close in age :) My little dude was born on Feb 22nd. x

NumNumPigsBum said:
Oooo Donzy ... just noticed our babies are very close in age :) My little dude was born on Feb 22nd. x

Aw really! Yea mine are feb and march! Are u back to work soon then? I go back in nov. I got my 5kg one from tesco direct, to b fair i'm not really aching but I do notice it when I sit or bend x

Aw really! Yea mine are feb and march! Are u back to work soon then? I go back in nov. I got my 5kg one from tesco direct, to b fair i'm not really aching but I do notice it when I sit or bend x

I'm very lucky and am able to be a stay at home mum. I gave up work last February. By the time we'd paid for a second car, petrol, tax, maintenance, extra trips to baby sitters etc my wage was nearly gone so it seemed daft to be working just to have a 2nd car so we sold the car and I gave up work :)

Well my dvd's finally arrived today from Ideal, I ordered on the 26th July!! But wait for it, they didn't put the bleeding free Kettlebell in!!! Aarrgghhh! So now I need to get to Tesco to get one! How very annoying!

I was suppose to finish week 3 today but I'm lying here on the sofa with sleeping bag and tv on.I have a head cold and my head feels like it's going to explode.Lots of lemsip and thankfully no sweets or cakes in the house otherwise I would be stuffing myself silly.

It's so boring just lying here.:(

If you have sky you can watch Ryan doing his kettleworx on the fitness TV channel ;)

I hope you feel better soon, and get to finish week 3 :)

Hope you feel better soon getting fit!

I just picked up a 5kg bell YAY :D They had them in store in Tesco so I grabbed it. I gave it to my 19 yr old niece to hold whilst I looked at something else and she almost died :giggle: She thinks i'm going to turn into Arnie!

Hi all :)

I bought a lucky dip lottery ticket, and if I win I will be getting us all together to make our own DVD lol

Biggysmalls glad to hear you had a great hol, and enjoyed your company sounds like a great time and well done on damage control I put on about 7lbs lol
Week 1 nearly done, delighted your enjoying, Mr Cheesy is a lot nicer than Jillian :)

Sweet lol I started kettleworx in October so leg bruises hidden. My worst area is forearm from snatches, had a lovely perfectly round black bruise for days :)

Donzy you didn't do it wrong, as long as you can 'feel' something it's working, don't worry you will hurt at some point lol

Numnum got a 5kg thats great news :) good idea to use week 1 and your 5lb as a practice run. Bet your niece will think twice about doing the tesco shop again with you lol

Rissole finally but then the order was wrong omg I hope you complain, that's very poor service

Gettingfit wishing you better, will hubby be home this weekend to help. Poor you hope you have a good rest so you can recover quicker

Martin great link, you found this looking for ideas, are you able to stand on yours wow that must be quite intense

Hmm delayed reaction my body must have been inShock this morning as my bum and thighs kill now!!! Was ment to do c25k 2nite luckily friend cancelled. Core Tom morning x

Now you know you weren't doing it wrong ;)

Hello all!
Glad you are all finally getting your dvds!
I did my inches tonight. I've lost another 6 inches which makes 10 in total across the various bits I have measured. Have only lost 2lb in total over the last 5 weeks though! :(
I know all about muscle taking up less space etc but I still need to be a lot lighter!!
Off on holiday in a few days so I will be doing a lot of swimming and hopefully a bit of running but no kettlebells now for 2 and a half weeks. I'll catch up with all your progress when I get back! X

Kettleworx DVDs arrived along with the 5lb bell which looks like a belly button ring compared to the 4kg bell!! Not only that but my local Tescos had 5kg and 7kg bells in so I got the 5kg one as I'm already using the 4kg on some of the practices. It was a tenner so delighted.

And that's not all. My funky orange extra long wrist bands from ebay have also arrived. Mmmmnnnn! What a sight I will look!! So gonna sit and watch Mr Cheesy's intro dvd tomorrow and then get straight into it on Sunday. Can't wait!

Have to say I'm finding my recovery time quicker since I'm been doing the practices as well. Although maybe I've just got used to the thigh ache now! :)

Will report back at some point tomorrow. Have a fab weekend swingers!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Kettleworx DVDs arrived along with the 5lb bell which looks like a belly button ring compared to the 4kg bell!! Not only that but my local Tescos had 5kg and 7kg bells in so I got the 5kg one as I'm already using the 4kg on some of the practices. It was a tenner so delighted.

And that's not all. My funky orange extra long wrist bands from ebay have also arrived. Mmmmnnnn! What a sight I will look!! So gonna sit and watch Mr Cheesy's intro dvd tomorrow and then get straight into it on Sunday. Can't wait!

Have to say I'm finding my recovery time quicker since I'm been doing the practices as well. Although maybe I've just got used to the thigh ache now! :)

Will report back at some point tomorrow. Have a fab weekend swingers!

You too bell buddy ?

Sofartogo 10 inches is awesome hope your happy with your progress so far :) hmmm your weight loss should only be affected for a couple of weeks, then catch up. Hope you have a great holiday, and see you when you get back

Sue yeah all set :) you must get a photo even if you dont post - what a great before shot that would be lol. Great to hear your practice sessions are improving, look at you go

Back