Secret to shaping up

You too bell buddy ?

:character00115: I guess so! I will be swinging on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and crying/bedridden on the days in between! :D

Cat Lover Sue said:
:character00115: I guess so! I will be swinging on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and crying/bedridden on the days in between! :D

Haha it'll b worth it though!!!

I did some before pics yest, can't wait to compare!!!

Sofartogo what a great result!!! How many wks in are you? X

I've just finished week 4, (should be half way through week 5 by now but had a manic week and not had a second!)
I am also doing 2 zumba classes a week and trying to run but again due to time I haven't been out much lately. Think most of my inch loss must be down to the kettlebell and my core has definately improved as shown by now being able to get up on those wretched waterskis!
My plan is to do the last 2 weeks when I get back from my holiday then restart with a 6k bell. :)

I've just completed week 3 core and I can't believe I was able to do all 3 sets of the plank without dropping to my knees once, i could only manage a few seconds at a time previously!

It's nice to actually see the results now, stroll on week 4 :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Hollie, glad it gets easier! I've just done wk one core and is much easier than cardio, managed to do it all with 5kg x

Sue, in a couple of weeks you will be wanting to get some moves in on your days off :)

Donzy look forward to seeing your before and after photos when the time comes :)

Sofartogo those inches are going to keep melting away, when you start again with the 6 you will be challenging your body more you will be disappearing :)

Hollie mastered the planks yeah :) Really makes you want to keep doing it when you can see results so quickly

Donzy I am impressed you are able to do it with your 5kg :) Not such a weakling afer all. We do like core lol

Week 3 completed...... Got up super early today to do cardio as I'm out shortly for the whole day.
Wasn't too bad today, used my 6 for most of it except boxing and gunslinger things, especially by set 2. BUT I can't no matter how hard I try, master a full push up so I do all of them on my knees. Do you think this is ok????? Obviously I know he's not gonna drive to my house and tell me off lol but maybe a bit if reassurance from my other belles that sometimes they do it too??? Please :) xx
Well done to all this week, super well done to all who had new deliveries this week :)

Hi Cleogin :) Ryan wont be coming over but I will lol Dont worry if you cant do something, just do what you can. i would suggest keep giving it a go then drop to your knees to complete the set. What do you think your weakness is that prevents you doing them - arms, core?
Your doing fantastic with your 6

I managed the planks fine surprisingly seeing as I have no core strength left after having my babies (although I did used to do planks a fair amount). The half sit up totally got me. I know I'm meant to be using my tummy muscles but I seem to be using my arm to pull me up instead :sign0007: Also the hip thrust and sit up .. I can only just get my shoulders off the floor. In my teens I used to be able to do 1000 situps a day (i'm not kidding) so I feel very feeble now :cry: I will soldier on and be Arnie in no time :giggle: I did enjoy core though!! :D

I hated the hip thrusts - he says this is your fav - yeah right lol I was the same to start didnt feel I was able to lift off the floor at all, but it improves.
The half get ups take a bit of practice so that will come too :) Just keep going, you will be beating your teen reps before you know it ;)

Hey numnum yea that one got me, I couldn't get my bum in the air!!! On the half get up I seem to b using my shoulder to push myself up as well x

aaah memories :) its great being reminded of how it used to be, I think your both doing better than me when I first started out

Kron said:
Hi Cleogin :) Ryan wont be coming over but I will lol Dont worry if you cant do something, just do what you can. i would suggest keep giving it a go then drop to your knees to complete the set. What do you think your weakness is that prevents you doing them - arms, core?
Your doing fantastic with your 6

Hi Kron :)

It's my arms for sure. Even on 30ds I couldn't manage them and I went the whole programme doing them on my knees. I do try really hard with them.....might try them without the kettlebell and see how I get on..... Practice in between the DVD. Im scared now in case you come and boot camp me lol :)
Have a good weekend xx

Cleogin said:

It's my arms for sure. Even on 30ds I couldn't manage them and I went the whole programme doing them on my knees. I do try really hard with them.....might try them without the kettlebell and see how I get on..... Practice in between the DVD. Im scared now in case you come and boot camp me lol :)
Have a good weekend xx

I'm the same, I can push up and hold my arms won't let me lower them though!

Cleogin said:

Have a good weekend xx

I haven't managed to do a press up either- it's definitely my arms, as my core is fairly strong, luckily. I do mine on my knees, I do try to do them properly but just end up flat on my face ;)

Dragged myself out of bed (even though I finished work late last night and was meant to lie in today!) and did week 2 cardio. Feel better for it, but getting myself going was hard! :(

Cleogin said:
Week 3 completed...... Got up super early today to do cardio as I'm out shortly for the whole day.
Wasn't too bad today, used my 6 for most of it except boxing and gunslinger things, especially by set 2. BUT I can't no matter how hard I try, master a full push up so I do all of them on my knees. Do you think this is ok????? Obviously I know he's not gonna drive to my house and tell me off lol but maybe a bit if reassurance from my other belles that sometimes they do it too??? Please :) xx
Well done to all this week, super well done to all who had new deliveries this week :)

Hey I sat and wrote a bit about cardio week 2 yesterday and how for the life of me I CANNOT do a pushup!!! Phone went funny and it didn't send!!! Seriously I have to the half ones on my knees and even then it's still quite pathetic :) I just try my best though and I think as long As you are still moving Ryan won't hunt you down :)

If, by the end of week 6, I can do one proper push up I'll be mega impressed!! I'm finding that I'm getting stronger( despite my puny push ups) and I can start to see slight toning around the ab region :)

Keep it up swingers :) hope you feel better soon gettingfit xx

Last edited:
Ps. Just read the other replies after i'd sent mine- I LOVE the hip thrusts :)

Looks like we're all in the same boat, I too cannot do a push up to save my life :) I'm terrified of smashing my face off the floor so manage to get down about 1cm if that lol. I think I might try them without the kettlebell too and on my knees. I've never been able to do pushups in my life! Let's hope by the end of this we'll all be pros! (professionals, not the other rude meaning of the word :giggle:)

Back